Suss&Camm

Scandinavians Part 2

1,965 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 minute ago, ljujas2019 said:

So the medical exam will meet the vaccination requirements?

And oh, about your undocumented vaccinations in the US, did you call each clinic to find out if they kept any records of your shots or if they can arrange for that?

Well, during the medical the physician will fill out what vaccinations you have so I’m assuming you don’t need to have your vaccinations translated. They can probably also give you the extra shots you need, though I think it would be cheaper to go to a vaccinationscentral ahead of time. 

The vaccines I got in the US were given at the school for free, all teachers had to get them and we just lined up and got it done. No official record was kept since the school knew all teachers got them at the same time. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Hey all,

So this might be a dumb question.. But on the last I-797 I recieved from the USCIS it said the I129 F was approved and valid from 5/13/2019 to 9/12/2019.  My fiance had his interview but we were put on Administrative Processing for a couple of missing documents.  Will this date of 9/12/2019 need to be extended or is it ok since he had his interview? If it does need extended, what do we need to do to get that extended? I know I have a few weeks, but I'd rather get information on it before it's too late.

Thanks!

Timeline
1 hour ago, KurtandDiane12 said:

Hey all,

So this might be a dumb question.. But on the last I-797 I recieved from the USCIS it said the I129 F was approved and valid from 5/13/2019 to 9/12/2019.  My fiance had his interview but we were put on Administrative Processing for a couple of missing documents.  Will this date of 9/12/2019 need to be extended or is it ok since he had his interview? If it does need extended, what do we need to do to get that extended? I know I have a few weeks, but I'd rather get information on it before it's too late.

Thanks!

You're probably fine as the interview is already done and over with. I believe the embassy in Sthlm extends it automatically four months at a time for up to a year anyway, so I don't think you have anything to worry about. If you want to be on the safe side you can always send them an email to request an extension of the i-129f approval, use the same email you received the checklist from.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline

Hi everybody! I scheduled my interview appointment today, and wonder if any of you know if its even possible to hope that an earlier appointment can get available, if I wait and check back later? September is fully booked, by now. 

And one more thing, I know its been asked before but I couldn't find it fast enough back in the tread; how long after the interview takes it before you get the passport back with visa (k-1)? if everything is ok. 

Timeline
On 8/23/2019 at 4:42 PM, eborge said:

Hi everybody! I scheduled my interview appointment today, and wonder if any of you know if its even possible to hope that an earlier appointment can get available, if I wait and check back later? September is fully booked, by now. 

And one more thing, I know its been asked before but I couldn't find it fast enough back in the tread; how long after the interview takes it before you get the passport back with visa (k-1)? if everything is ok. 

Damn, is everything full that far ahead? Our case hasn’t made it to the embassy yet but I was hoping for an interview in September :( 

Timeline
14 hours ago, jules98 said:

Damn, is everything full that far ahead? Our case hasn’t made it to the embassy yet but I was hoping for an interview in September :( 

There were a couple of options 27th and 28th of August, , but that was too early. I’m waiting for the last document from my fiancé. Except from that, nothing until October. I logged on yesterday, and the first available now is 17/10.

but the good thing is how fast the embassy is when case is received. Our was shipped the 20th, and we had the email with the instructions  the 22nd :)

Timeline
25 minutes ago, eborge said:

There were a couple of options 27th and 28th of August, , but that was too early. I’m waiting for the last document from my fiancé. Except from that, nothing until October. I logged on yesterday, and the first available now is 17/10.

but the good thing is how fast the embassy is when case is received. Our was shipped the 20th, and we had the email with the instructions  the 22nd :)

Damn that’s fast!! Have you gotten around to doing your medical yet? 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, jules98 said:

Damn that’s fast!! Have you gotten around to doing your medical yet? 

Yes, did that last week. So after all the waiting things really speed up! That’s probably why I was a little disappointed about September hehe . I wanted to leave for the US around 20/10, but now I think that’s a little too close to the appointment? 

Timeline
Just now, eborge said:

Yes, did that last week. So after all the waiting things really speed up! That’s probably why I was a little disappointed about September hehe . I wanted to leave for the US around 20/10, but now I think that’s a little too close to the appointment? 

Yes, from what I’ve understood there is always a little bit of administrative processing for each visa. Should get to you within 7-10 days after shipped. I got one from the embassy in Oslo a few years ago and I believe it took 5 days for it to get to me. I’ve had friends who booked their flights and ended up having to cancel them because their visa hadn’t arrived so it’s better to be on the safe side and hold off :) 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, jules98 said:

Yes, from what I’ve understood there is always a little bit of administrative processing for each visa. Should get to you within 7-10 days after shipped. I got one from the embassy in Oslo a few years ago and I believe it took 5 days for it to get to me. I’ve had friends who booked their flights and ended up having to cancel them because their visa hadn’t arrived so it’s better to be on the safe side and hold off :) 

Yes I guess so! I’m gonna check the scheduling site a couple of times to see if anything changes. Where I’m process are you? Waiting for medical and embassy?

Timeline
Just now, eborge said:

Yes I guess so! I’m gonna check the scheduling site a couple of times to see if anything changes. Where I’m process are you? Waiting for medical and embassy?

Got NOA2 on August 1st. Did my medical last week. I live in Stavanger and I was in Oslo for the weekend so I wanted to get it done while I was there. Waiting for embassy stage, yes :) 

Timeline
On 8/23/2019 at 7:42 AM, eborge said:

You can definitely stumble upon an earlier date if you keep looking, people do reschedule their appointments, so slots that used to be taken suddenly opens up. The late August dates you mentioned were likely exactly that - dates that used to be fully booked but people rescheduled.

Timeline

I should also add that it doesn't matter much if you want to do your interview on one of the available dates in late August and you don't have all documents yet. All that happens is that they won't issue your visa until you send the documents to the embassy afterwards. You can still have your interview on Thursday just fine. 

Timeline
19 hours ago, Scandi said:

You can definitely stumble upon an earlier date if you keep looking, people do reschedule their appointments, so slots that used to be taken suddenly opens up. The late August dates you mentioned were likely exactly that - dates that used to be fully booked but people rescheduled.

thanks for both answers. I will keep an eye on the website, maybe something comes up in September. 

Timeline
On 8/25/2019 at 3:09 PM, Scandi said:

I should also add that it doesn't matter much if you want to do your interview on one of the available dates in late August and you don't have all documents yet. All that happens is that they won't issue your visa until you send the documents to the embassy afterwards. You can still have your interview on Thursday just fine. 

4 hours ago, eborge said:

thanks for both answers. I will keep an eye on the website, maybe something comes up in September. 

You were so right! Today four new dates in September was suddenly available! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.