Suss&Camm

Scandinavians Part 2

1,965 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, KurtandDiane12 said:

He had an altercation back in 2013, they werent on the police records so we didn't think we needed anything else, but they want the court records. Also he had his name changed, so we need records from that.

So this is not a denial, it's more of a wait until the files are sent and it will be approved?

About the name change, what kind of papers does he need to obtain for that? I changed my last name from my dad’s to my mom’s back in 2005, am I gonna have to bring records for that...? I’m not even sure where I would get that lol!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Scandi said:

I assume he got the 221(g) paper that states they can't issue his visa and lists the reasons why. It says on that letter what he should do next (that would be sending those documents to the embassy).

The three status of the visa application:

1. The visa application is denied when the ceac status changes to "refused".

2. The visa application is in AP when the status says either "ready" or "administrative processing" after the interview. Meaning the case needs some more work and/or documents before a decision can be made.

3. The visa is approved when the status says "issued".

Yes it is a 221g. Is there a way to track the status of the Visa?

Timeline
32 minutes ago, MalinB said:

About the name change, what kind of papers does he need to obtain for that? I changed my last name from my dad’s to my mom’s back in 2005, am I gonna have to bring records for that...? I’m not even sure where I would get that lol!

On the paper he received from the embassy it said official proof of his name change. Yes you will more than likely need records..

Timeline
52 minutes ago, KurtandDiane12 said:

Yes it is a 221g. Is there a way to track the status of the Visa?

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ For both CR-1 and K-1 I believe you check under immigrant Visa. You use the NVC case number that starts with STK.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Scandi said:

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ For both CR-1 and K-1 I believe you check under immigrant Visa. You use the NVC case number that starts with STK.

Awesome thanks so much. It says administrative processing.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
19 hours ago, Scandi said:

I assume he got the 221(g) paper that states they can't issue his visa and lists the reasons why. It says on that letter what he should do next (that would be sending those documents to the embassy).

The three status of the visa application:

1. The visa application is denied when the ceac status changes to "refused".

2. The visa application is in AP when the status says either "ready" or "administrative processing" after the interview. Meaning the case needs some more work and/or documents before a decision can be made.

3. The visa is approved when the status says "issued".

Ours was "administrative processing" until the medical forms were received.   So @KurtandDiane12 since you have that, I would think they are just waiting for the documents. 

Edited by MalachiPDX

Timeline
2 hours ago, MalachiPDX said:

Ours was "administrative processing" until the medical forms were received.   So @KurtandDiane12 since you have that, I would think they are just waiting for the documents. 

@MalachiPDX did it take very long to get the approval once they got all of the paperwork?

Timeline
3 hours ago, KurtandDiane12 said:

@MalachiPDX did it take very long to get the approval once they got all of the paperwork?

No the package arrived in the morning and the green card was shipped out the next morning. We were sort of "pre-approved" pending the medical. 
All cases very , I hope it goes quickly. Get those documents in asap :)

Edited by MalachiPDX

Timeline
50 minutes ago, MalachiPDX said:

No the package arrived in the morning and the green card was shipped out the next morning. We were sort of "pre-approved" pending the medical. 
All cases very , I hope it goes quickly. Get those documents in asap :)

We are :) waiting on one more document then need it translated then will email it to them

Timeline
On 8/14/2019 at 10:37 AM, LizM said:

Late reply but I gambled. Resigned on February 19, 2018 and had 3 months notice, which put my last work day on May 18th. I received my NOA2 (for the K1, which is different ofc) on March 13, 2018. I had my embassy interview early May and visa in hand ten days before my last work day.

There was no way to plan the timing of that with 100% certainty, and normally people will not advise you to quit your job before you have your visa in hand. But I had saved up so I felt relatively safe that if the process would drag on I would be fine financially. I was also doing a lot of monitoring of the K1 cases, as another (awesome) VJ member continuously posted scanned case batches almost every day. From those cases it was possible to work out a probable timeline that then turned out to be correct for me. 

Thanks for your response and pieces of advice. I am planning to quit my job on October 1, so I would have another 3 months of work to go, and then if I'm lucky, I could use some of my last vacation days to leave work earlier and move before Christmas (if everything is done by then). My case is transferring over to the NVC now, and I am hoping that it does not take too long until it is received there and we can begin the next steps. 

Timeline

Hello fellow Scandinavians and VisaJourney members, 

I have a few questions about vaccines. I cannot find any of my medical records with details in regard to my past vaccinations. When I check online on Vårdguiden, strangely, nothing is registered, so I continued reading online and searching for ways to find this information. It seems like old vaccination records are kept by the schools (see https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se/smittskydd-beredskap/vaccinationer/vaccinationsprogram/tidigare-vaccinationsprogram/), so I guess I have to contact my old high school here in Sweden?

Further, I was looking through this CDC vaccination requirement list for those immigrating to the US (I guess this one applies to I-130 applicants?).

The following is the list of requirements (with some Swedish translations):

What vaccines are required for U.S. immigration?

At this time,* vaccines for these diseases are currently required for U.S. immigration:

• Mumps (påssjuka)
  • Measles (mässling)
  • Rubella (röda hund)
  • Polio
  • Tetanus and diphtheria (stelkramp, difteri)
  • Pertussis (kikhosta)
  • Haemophilus influenzae type B (Hib) 
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Rotavirus
  • Meningococcal disease (Meningokocksjukdomar, hjärnhinneinflammation)
  • Varicella (vattkoppor)
  • Pneumococcal disease (pneumokockvaccin)
  • Seasonal influenza (säsongsinfluensa)

I am convinced that I have received the majority of these aforementioned vaccinations, but I have no medical records proving that. How did/will the rest of you provide this information to the doctor before/during your medical exam? It would be crazy if I had to take all these shots once again...

Timeline
1 hour ago, ljujas2019 said:

I have a few questions about vaccines. I cannot find any of my medical records with details in regard to my past vaccinations. When I check online on Vårdguiden, strangely, nothing is registered, so I continued reading online and searching for ways to find this information. It seems like old vaccination records are kept by the schools (see https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se/smittskydd-beredskap/vaccinationer/vaccinationsprogram/tidigare-vaccinationsprogram/), so I guess I have to contact my old high school here in Sweden?

Further, I was looking through this CDC vaccination requirement list for those immigrating to the US (I guess this one applies to I-130 applicants?).

At this time,* vaccines for these diseases are currently required for U.S. immigration:

• Mumps (påssjuka)
  • Measles (mässling)
  • Rubella (röda hund)
  • Polio
  • Pertussis (kikhosta)
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Rotavirus
  • Varicella (vattkoppor)

I am convinced that I have received the majority of these aforementioned vaccinations, but I have no medical records proving that. How did/will the rest of you provide this information to the doctor before/during your medical exam? It would be crazy if I had to take all these shots once again...

When I got a different type of visa a few years ago, I called my local vårdcentral and asked. They told me to contact kommunen who sent me the vaccination records (yes, schools have the records here). I then went to vårdcentralen to have the document translated and add the missing vaccines. I guess that part can be skipped since we have to do the medical for these types of visas. My problem is I have since then gotten vaccinated several times in the U.S. (I was a teacher there and further vaccinations are required) which was never documented 😏

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
2 hours ago, ljujas2019 said:

• Mumps (påssjuka)
  • Measles (mässling)
  • Rubella (röda hund)
  • Polio
  • Pertussis (kikhosta)
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Rotavirus
  • Varicella (vattkoppor)

You don't need all of them, here's a list of the required ones by age:

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/Vaccine-Requirements-According-to-Applicant-Age.pdf

In reality you'll only need like 4 of those 12, 2-3 of which you probably have already (you probably just need the seasonal flu shot and/or Tdap if you haven't already)

Edited by LilyJ

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Timeline
13 hours ago, MalinB said:

When I got a different type of visa a few years ago, I called my local vårdcentral and asked. They told me to contact kommunen who sent me the vaccination records (yes, schools have the records here). I then went to vårdcentralen to have the document translated and add the missing vaccines. I guess that part can be skipped since we have to do the medical for these types of visas. My problem is I have since then gotten vaccinated several times in the U.S. (I was a teacher there and further vaccinations are required) which was never documented 😏

So the medical exam will meet the vaccination requirements?

And oh, about your undocumented vaccinations in the US, did you call each clinic to find out if they kept any records of your shots or if they can arrange for that?

Timeline
13 hours ago, LilyJ said:

You don't need all of them, here's a list of the required ones by age:

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/Vaccine-Requirements-According-to-Applicant-Age.pdf

In reality you'll only need like 4 of those 12, 2-3 of which you probably have already (you probably just need the seasonal flu shot and/or Tdap if you haven't already)

Thank you so much for sending that link. In general, it seems to me that I have already taken most of these vaccines, and just like you say, it is possible I would only need a few vaccinations. I don't think I have ever taken a flu shot, for example.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.