Suss&Camm

Scandinavians Part 2

1,965 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
Just now, NadiaK said:

Oh ok. We just got NOA2 so I think we're supposed to wait before we start calling them. What did you guys do?

I asked my fiance to call this coming week. ..I will let you know so you can have a somewhat timeline. .. 

Timeline

Question about documents: My fiancé's police certificate is the equivalent of the uttømmende politiattest, just that it is entirely in English (as he requested). Is it necessary to provide the Norwegian version too? I know the English translation is required, but what about the Norwegian version? I'm thinking not, but I don't know how pedantic to be about it!

Timeline
24 minutes ago, kaleya said:

Question about documents: My fiancé's police certificate is the equivalent of the uttømmende politiattest, just that it is entirely in English (as he requested). Is it necessary to provide the Norwegian version too? I know the English translation is required, but what about the Norwegian version? I'm thinking not, but I don't know how pedantic to be about it!

Mine is in English too, but i have 2 car crashes on there, but that is written in norwegian. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
13 hours ago, Scandi said:

Just one divorce decree for each previous marriage/divorce. You already sent copies with the i-130 application but they ask for the same thing at the interview, so bring one certified copy/original of each divorce.

@Bikerbride ditto :) only my fiancé has been divorced, I haven’t, so we didn’t have four copies. 

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Timeline
13 hours ago, kaleya said:

There is a specific Police Certificate for USA Visas. you can find it through Politiet.no 
Mine was all in English and I received it digitally. I never received a Norwegian copy, and the embassy excepted it without any problems. 

Timeline

We got our approval today!!! It came in the mail, and it had evidently been here since Mar 2nd... NAO1 was dated Mar 1st.

We're so excited!!! The only thing that is worrying me a little is that the Consulate is listed as Oslo on the NAO2. Is that normal? I know it will ultimately need to go to Stockholm.

NAO1 - Sep 7
NAO2 - Mar 1
Total: 175 days

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
18 hours ago, kaleya said:

We got our approval today!!! It came in the mail, and it had evidently been here since Mar 2nd... NAO1 was dated Mar 1st.

We're so excited!!! The only thing that is worrying me a little is that the Consulate is listed as Oslo on the NAO2. Is that normal? I know it will ultimately need to go to Stockholm.

NAO1 - Sep 7
NAO2 - Mar 1
Total: 175 days

Congrats! That's so exciting! I'm 19. September so it's so nice to finally see some september movement. Is 7. September the NOA1 received date? 

Timeline

@ML915

Thanks! We’re excited.

I received the NAO1 on Sept 5 (and that’s the “date received” on USCIS... but the notice date typed on the NAO1 was Sept 7, so I’ve been using that as the official date. :)

Also apparently I wrote Oslo as the consulate on the I-129F... I guess I did that before realizing that only Stockholm processes K1 apps. I’m hopeful that the NVC will ignore my mistake and send it straight to Stockholm! Anyone on here have experience with that?

Timeline

Hello everyone!  October 10 filers here, I'm from Hawaii and my fiance is from Denmark!  Quick question since i couldn't find it anywhere... would i be allowed to go in to the embassy with him for his interview?  His last visa interview was in Copenhagen for a tourist visa, i waited outside and almost froze!  Don't wanna do that again haha.  Hope you are all well, and if you're waiting for an approval i hope it comes to you so soon!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
52 minutes ago, annaandasbjorn said:

Hello everyone!  October 10 filers here, I'm from Hawaii and my fiance is from Denmark!  Quick question since i couldn't find it anywhere... would i be allowed to go in to the embassy with him for his interview?  His last visa interview was in Copenhagen for a tourist visa, i waited outside and almost froze!  Don't wanna do that again haha.  Hope you are all well, and if you're waiting for an approval i hope it comes to you so soon!

I forgot to mention it when someone else was doing it, but I emailed before the interview and was put on the visitor's list for that day.

It seems if you just show up that you aren't allowed in.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline
On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 6:56 PM, annaandasbjorn said:

Hi there :) I can tell you the American/petitioner will not be allowed into the embassy with the beneficiary.

My fiancé is Swedish and had his interview in Stockholm on February 22nd. I was visiting at the time and went with him, was able to stand with him while waiting outside for them to open, but once they called him up to the security booth, I was told I couldn't come in. It was way too cold to stand outside and wait (otherwise I would have), so I had to go back to the hotel and wait for him there.

I just saw @N-o-l-a's response to you above, and would like to add to that. When the security booth officer asked who I was, we advised Paul was there for the K1 Visa interview and I was his fiancé, who is American, and just came with him to wait. He did say something about a list before I was ultimately told I couldn't come in, but we weren't sure what he was talking about. So it sounds as though it may be possible to add yourself to some kind of visitor's list beforehand; how far in advance you have to do that, I'm not sure.

Edited by Paul & Mallory
Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline
On 12.3.2018 at 7:30 PM, Paul & Mallory said:

Hi there :) I can tell you the American/petitioner will not be allowed into the embassy with the beneficiary.

My fiancé is Swedish and had his interview in Stockholm on February 22nd. I was visiting at the time and went with him, was able to stand with him while waiting outside for them to open, but once they called him up to the security booth, I was told I couldn't come in. It was way too cold to stand outside and wait (otherwise I would have), so I had to go back to the hotel and wait for him there.

I just saw @N-o-l-a's response to you above, and would like to add to that. When the security booth officer asked who I was, we advised Paul was there for the K1 Visa interview and I was his fiancé, who is American, and just came with him to wait. He did say something about a list before I was ultimately told I couldn't come in, but we weren't sure what he was talking about. So it sounds as though it may be possible to add yourself to some kind of visitor's list beforehand; how far in advance you have to do that, I'm not sure.

Do Sweden required the hepatitis B vaccines? I have been reading some mixed text about it. Apparently in Finland it is required.

Timeline
21 hours ago, Katri said:

Do Sweden required the hepatitis B vaccines? I have been reading some mixed text about it. Apparently in Finland it is required.

I think it varies based on the country of origin, not necessarily where your interview is being conducted. It also varies based on your medical history, such as vaccines you've already had and how long ago you had them. I'm the petitioner, but my understanding of my fiancé's experience was that vaccines were covered in detail during his medical with his doctor in Sweden (his country of origin), and it was then that he was told what was required now and what may be required once he's stateside. In his case, the hepatitis B vaccine wasn't required to enter the country; it was one that his doctor said he could take stateside.

Have you already had your medical? If not, I would wait and cover that with your doctor at that time. If you have and vaccines were not fully covered, you can follow up with the doctor's office where your medical took place.

Håll ut, y'all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.