Suss&Camm

Scandinavians Part 2

1,965 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Hei! :)

New to this forum, so I'm sorry if I'm asking questions that's already been answered. I just got my NOA2 (wohoo!), and I am wondering if anyone knows if I can just go ahead and book my medical now? 

So glad I found this forum! :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, NadiaK said:

Hei! :)

New to this forum, so I'm sorry if I'm asking questions that's already been answered. I just got my NOA2 (wohoo!), and I am wondering if anyone knows if I can just go ahead and book my medical now? 

So glad I found this forum! :) 

When you have made your medical the clock is ticking. You only have 6 month validity of the medical. If anything jams up you may have to redo the medical again. And that is costly. So I personally waited until I got the appointment letter from the embassy and booked my medical. 

Good luck to you 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline

Any Norwegians on here who knows how long it takes to get the uttømmende politiattest? It's only valid for three months so I don't want to apply too soon, but I don't want to wait too long if it takes three months to get it as well, ya know

Timeline
1 minute ago, ML915 said:

Any Norwegians on here who knows how long it takes to get the uttømmende politiattest? It's only valid for three months so I don't want to apply too soon, but I don't want to wait too long if it takes three months to get it as well, ya know

It takes 2 weeks 

Timeline
2 hours ago, ML915 said:

It doesn't take too long! I got a "normal" politiattest within three days for my job here in Norway, and I believe it took about a week or so when I ordered my "uttømmende attest". I have to get a new one too (I forgot that they're only valid for three months, haha) 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Bikerbride said:

When you have made your medical the clock is ticking. You only have 6 month validity of the medical. If anything jams up you may have to redo the medical again. And that is costly. So I personally waited until I got the appointment letter from the embassy and booked my medical. 

Good luck to you 

Takk! I'm a K1 filer (fiance visa), and K1 filers need their medical BEFORE the embassy will give you an interview date. So that's why I'm wondering if I should just go ahead with it now :) 

Timeline
Just now, NadiaK said:

Takk! I'm a K1 filer (fiance visa), and K1 filers need their medical BEFORE the embassy will give you an interview date. So that's why I'm wondering if I should just go ahead with it now :) 

I did order a medical. I was approved 17th of February. Going to the doctor 14th this month 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Tekri said:

I did order a medical. I was approved 17th of February. Going to the doctor 14th this month 

Oh ok! Cool! Uhm do you know if you can get the x-ray done at the same day as the check with the doctor? I am confused! Any information you can share? :)

Timeline
Just now, NadiaK said:

Oh ok! Cool! Uhm do you know if you can get the x-ray done at the same day as the check with the doctor? I am confused! Any information you can share? :)

Yup 😄 just inform Unilab what day you are going for the medical. I believe medical is done wednesdays ☺

Timeline
Just now, Tekri said:

Yup 😄 just inform Unilab what day you are going for the medical. I believe medical is done wednesdays ☺

The doctor will email you papers to bring for xray and blood. ..☺

Timeline
Just now, Tekri said:

Ahhh awesome!!! So... (føler meg så dum!) I contact the KAL-klinikk and get an appointment, then contact Unilabs and just tell them that my medical is whatever date and they will schedule me for the same day? 

1 minute ago, Tekri said:

The doctor will email you papers to bring for xray and blood. ..☺

Yeah! Sweet!

Timeline
Just now, NadiaK said:

Ahhh awesome!!! So... (føler meg så dum!) I contact the KAL-klinikk and get an appointment, then contact Unilabs and just tell them that my medical is whatever date and they will schedule me for the same day? 

Følte meg dum jeg også 😂😂

Send an email. If they do not respond, call them. I had to do that. 

Timeline
Just now, Tekri said:

Følte meg dum jeg også 😂😂

Send an email. If they do not respond, call them. I had to do that. 

Haha yeah I sent an email a loooong time ago just asking a few questions, and they sent me all the paperwork for blood/x-rays, haha. But I'll call/email on Monday and just book an appointment!! SO EXCITED! Thanks for the info, it always helps to find someone who's doing the exact same thing as yourself :) 

Timeline
1 minute ago, NadiaK said:

Haha yeah I sent an email a loooong time ago just asking a few questions, and they sent me all the paperwork for blood/x-rays, haha. But I'll call/email on Monday and just book an appointment!! SO EXCITED! Thanks for the info, it always helps to find someone who's doing the exact same thing as yourself :) 

Bare hyggelig å hjelpe 😄😄anytime! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.