Suss&Camm

Scandinavians Part 2

1,965 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Random question, when it comes to the evidence being requested in support of the I-134 (Affidavit of Support). Figured I'd ask here to fellow Scandinavians.

The directions with the I-134 request inclusion of:

A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions with deposits, identifying the following details regarding the account:

• Date account opened;
  • Total amount deposited for the past year; and
  • Present balance

...among some other things, but my question is about the above point specifically.

I happen to be employed at the bank where I also bank personally. I visited two branches to request a statement from the bank providing the above details and both times was advised to print my bank statements to fulfill the deposit request and present balance, which of course does not reflect the date the account was opened. The second visit, they printed me something off a separate system that provides the account open date and shows the account is active, but it isn't an actual "statement" or even letter. I see people recommend requesting a custom letter from their bank, but I also happen to work in the department that handles those exact requests, so I was worried it would be some kind of conflict of interest. Instead, I've printed off regular bank statements, which will provide my current balance(s), the previous history, and show a running average balance. My employer also has a verification form specific to immigration, which provides a detailed summary of my pay history since my hire date, including all positions during my time working here going back to 2010. It includes date and amount of every paycheck I've ever gotten, my current employee status, corporate hire date, and current salary. I felt confident with that, but now that we're nearing crunch time, I'm beginning to second guess myself.

Long story short (sorry for the spiel, guys), my question is basically: What were others' experience, specific to the Stockholm office, when it comes to the documents they looked for/at along with the I-134 at the interview? I've read on other posts on VJ that if you're well enough above the poverty line, they don't really ask for much outside of recent paystubs/bank statements and some tax info, which I do have.

Any advice is appreciated! :)

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Random question, when it comes to the evidence being requested in support of the I-134 (Affidavit of Support). Figured I'd ask here to fellow Scandinavians.

The directions with the I-134 request inclusion of:

A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions with deposits, identifying the following details regarding the account:

• Date account opened;
  • Total amount deposited for the past year; and
  • Present balance

...among some other things, but my question is about the above point specifically.

I happen to be employed at the bank where I also bank personally. I visited two branches to request a statement from the bank providing the above details and both times was advised to print my bank statements to fulfill the deposit request and present balance, which of course does not reflect the date the account was opened. The second visit, they printed me something off a separate system that provides the account open date and shows the account is active, but it isn't an actual "statement" or even letter. I see people recommend requesting a custom letter from their bank, but I also happen to work in the department that handles those exact requests, so I was worried it would be some kind of conflict of interest. Instead, I've printed off regular bank statements, which will provide my current balance(s), the previous history, and show a running average balance. My employer also has a verification form specific to immigration, which provides a detailed summary of my pay history since my hire date, including all positions during my time working here going back to 2010. It includes date and amount of every paycheck I've ever gotten, my current employee status, corporate hire date, and current salary. I felt confident with that, but now that we're nearing crunch time, I'm beginning to second guess myself.

Long story short (sorry for the spiel, guys), my question is basically: What were others' experience, specific to the Stockholm office, when it comes to the documents they looked for/at along with the I-134 at the interview? I've read on other posts on VJ that if you're well enough above the poverty line, they don't really ask for much outside of recent paystubs/bank statements and some tax info, which I do have.

Any advice is appreciated! :)

Yeah they won't ask for much so don't overthink it. My husband is self-employed and we were approved just fine with just the latest tax return. No need to show assets in the bank account, no statement from a bank person etc.

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Scandi said:

Yeah they won't ask for much so don't overthink it. My husband is self-employed and we were approved just fine with just the latest tax return. No need to show assets in the bank account, no statement from a bank person etc.

Thank you! I know no one can actually say for sure with these things, but it's comforting to get a second opinion like that from someone else. I really feel what I have already will suffice, but you always wonder about that one thing you don't have, I suppose.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Tekri said:

Hi there ☺

Better ask my question here in this thread. 

Does my 8 year old son need to come with me at the embassy in Stockholm? 

If he is also applying for a visa, then yes, he needs to be interviewed as well.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Thank you! I know no one can actually say for sure with these things, but it's comforting to get a second opinion like that from someone else. I really feel what I have already will suffice, but you always wonder about that one thing you don't have, I suppose.

Yes, I always bring way more than needed, better safe than sorry, right? And in every case not even half of what I bring is asked for, haha.

You'll be perfectly fine with tax return, some paystubs and a letter from your employer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
Just now, Scandi said:

If he is also applying for a visa, then yes, he needs to be interviewed as well.

Thank you so much. I just keep hearing so many different things. Some say Kids under the age of 14 does not need to attend. 

I guess we will enjoy Sweeden for a few days 😄

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Scandi said:

Yes, I always bring way more than needed, better safe than sorry, right? And in every case not even half of what I bring is asked for, haha.

You'll be perfectly fine with tax return, some paystubs and a letter from your employer.

I'm the same way, which is why this started bugging me, LOL. I'm an over-preparer. But I think we'll be fine. Good thing is I will be over there with him while he has his interview so I won't be too far should anything come up.

Håll ut, y'all.

@Paul & Mallory, or anyone else on this forum who's recently had their 129f petition approved and sent to the embassy recently: when you scheduled the embassy interview, what date was it, and when was the next available interview date? I'm trying to figure out an estimate of how much time we need after NoA2. I know it varies for everyone because of other factors as well, but it'd be nice to at least know the approximate waiting times for the interview. Thanks :) 

Edited by LizM
addition

h

Timeline
7 hours ago, LizM said:

@Paul & Mallory, or anyone else on this forum who's recently had their 129f petition approved and sent to the embassy recently: when you scheduled the embassy interview, what date was it, and when was the next available interview date? I'm trying to figure out an estimate of how much time we need after NoA2. I know it varies for everyone because of other factors as well, but it'd be nice to at least know the approximate waiting times for the interview. Thanks :) 

Our NOA2 was 12/1/17, but our case wasn't received by NVC until 1/17 (I think the delay was partially due to the holidays and people being out). Paul received his information on 1/24 and had already scheduled his medical for 2/15 since we had the case number after I called NVC on 1/18. As soon as he got his info on 1/24, he went and completed the DS160 (I think that's right :) ) and scheduled his interview for 2/22! That was actually the latest date available when he checked; they gave him the option for 2/8, 2/15, or 2/22, and since his medical isn't until the 15th, he picked the 22nd. We didn't expect the window to be so narrow, or for it to happen so quickly. My opinion - once you hit NVC, things start moving VERY quickly!

Håll ut, y'all.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
3 hours ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Our NOA2 was 12/1/17, but our case wasn't received by NVC until 1/17 (I think the delay was partially due to the holidays and people being out). Paul received his information on 1/24 and had already scheduled his medical for 2/15 since we had the case number after I called NVC on 1/18. As soon as he got his info on 1/24, he went and completed the DS160 (I think that's right :) ) and scheduled his interview for 2/22! That was actually the latest date available when he checked; they gave him the option for 2/8, 2/15, or 2/22, and since his medical isn't until the 15th, he picked the 22nd. We didn't expect the window to be so narrow, or for it to happen so quickly. My opinion - once you hit NVC, things start moving VERY quickly!

What do you think you got your time for the interview so quickly? Does it have anything to do with the kind of visa? I am a CR1. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Bikerbride said:

What do you think you got your time for the interview so quickly? Does it have anything to do with the kind of visa? I am a CR1. 

For the K-1 you get to schedule your own interview, we just log onto the website and pick what date we want. Sometimes the earliest date is 8 weeks away, sometimes only 2 weeks. When I chose my date there was available appointments 2 weeks down the road but I wasn't ready so I took a date 4 weeks away instead.

20 hours ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Oh okay, so after receiving case number on 1/18 he was able to schedule his medical within a month (he's in Gothenburg if I remember correctly? So the medical waiting times in Stockholm may differ a bit I guess, but still) and his interview just past a month. Good to know. In our best case scenario we get approved right around our VJ estimated date (27th-31st of March) and then have the medical and interview all done with in the first part of May. If I knew that to be true, I'd have so many things to do right now haha. But we might as well also be outliers. 

Congratulations by the way! When is he planning his POE? :) 

h

Timeline
On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:08 AM, Bikerbride said:

I'm not sure; perhaps we just moved quick enough. I don't know if it has anything to do with when he scheduled his medical or not.

Håll ut, y'all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.