Suss&Camm

Scandinavians Part 2

1,965 posts in this topic

Hey all! I've been lurking on this thread for the past few weeks as I was awaiting our NOA2. Thank you for posting tips and your experiences.

We just got notified today! NOA1 - Oct 17, NOA2 - Apr 11.

We saw each other a week ago and had started preparing the next round of documents. 

I know it would have to go very smoothly with no bumps in the road but we are hoping for POE and subsequent ceremony in 8 weeks! 

8 hours ago, Scandi said:

The only thing you need to think about regarding your AOS is that your vaccination work sheet (DS-3025) is marked "complete" and that you get a copy of it.

7 hours ago, N-o-l-a said:

There are a few people who will need additional vaccines once they reach America from my recollection, but they are rare cases.  For example those who only received a first dose of the MMR vaccine at the medical exam or were pregnant and hadn't had the vaccine before.

Perfect thanks to the both of you! My MMR shots should be good - had them all - as long as they accept my foreign vaccination record. I feel ready for my medical now :)  

h

35 minutes ago, Filip and Alix said:

Hey all! I've been lurking on this thread for the past few weeks as I was awaiting our NOA2. Thank you for posting tips and your experiences.

We just got notified today! NOA1 - Oct 17, NOA2 - Apr 11.

We saw each other a week ago and had started preparing the next round of documents. 

I know it would have to go very smoothly with no bumps in the road but we are hoping for POE and subsequent ceremony in 8 weeks! 

Congratulations on your NOA2! 

For us, NOA2-POE would've been possible in just about 7 weeks if I had not had any commitments in Sweden. We also had travel plans that delayed the process slightly. So I think your plan is reasonable as long as you're flexible :) 

h

2 hours ago, LizM said:

Congratulations on your NOA2! 

For us, NOA2-POE would've been possible in just about 7 weeks if I had not had any commitments in Sweden. We also had travel plans that delayed the process slightly. So I think your plan is reasonable as long as you're flexible :) 

Excellent to know ! Thank you so much! Did Sweden send the information checklist  (packet 3 I believe?) via email or snailmail? 

Ha incredible how each phase is like it's own language and every bit there is a whole new set of terms to get to know . 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Filip and Alix said:

Excellent to know ! Thank you so much! Did Sweden send the information checklist  (packet 3 I believe?) via email or snailmail? 

Ha incredible how each phase is like it's own language and every bit there is a whole new set of terms to get to know . 

Email. They sent the checklist to my now husband's (the US citizen) email since they didn't have mine on file, they got his from the documents in the i-129f petition. He just forwarded it to me. Only took a few days to receive it after the status changed to "ready".

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

6 hours ago, Filip and Alix said:

Same as for Scandi - my fiancé (petitioner) received it via email I believe the same day that our case was ready at the embassy. It took just over two weeks for our case to reach NVC (3/10 - 3/26), then two days more to have the case # assigned (3/28) and one more day before it was in transit and then received by the embassy. At that time, the only available option for interview was 5/17, which was a bummer. However after Easter more spots opened up. You can reschedule once, so that's good to keep in mind. Start following the April NOA2 - NVC forum if you haven't already.

@blenheim's Norwegian is doing his interview today and I will be doing mine soon too, so just reach out if you have any questions.

h

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
15 hours ago, Filip and Alix said:

Same here as the others - we both got it via email at the same time.

Congratulations and welcome to the club! :) 

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Timeline

Hello everyone!

I'm the petitioner from Hawaii, my fiance is from Denmark!

Our received date was October 10, NOA2 April 5!

I was wondering if anyone has a solid idea of what we should be doing at this point to prepare for the interview.  I am getting all the paperwork ready to take there but i want to advise my fiance what he should be doing at this point to prepare!  We haven't started calling NVC yet so we don't have the case number at this point.  Any help would be appreciated!

On 4/13/2018 at 11:14 PM, annaandasbjorn said:

Hello everyone!

I'm the petitioner from Hawaii, my fiance is from Denmark!

Our received date was October 10, NOA2 April 5!

I was wondering if anyone has a solid idea of what we should be doing at this point to prepare for the interview.  I am getting all the paperwork ready to take there but i want to advise my fiance what he should be doing at this point to prepare!  We haven't started calling NVC yet so we don't have the case number at this point.  Any help would be appreciated!

Hi, and congratulations :)

I'm going to refer to Scandi's post from earlier, it includes the checklist you're sent by the embassy later on. It lists everything he will need for the interview. Also make sure he retrieves his vaccination records for the medical. They need to show that he's had the two MMR shots at some point, and a Tdap within the past ten years. If he did not have it within the past ten years, they can give it to him during the medical appointment. He will also be asked about varicella, but he can just say that he's had it, if he has, and that's OK.

h

Question about the personbevis - I have requested personbevis utland, in English, containing family. So far so good, but when I read the instructions that came with the interview appointment confirmation, it specifically says the type of personbevis they're looking for is not obtainable online and that it must be requested on the phone or by visiting their office. I was able to request this personbevis online though? And then it came a few days later in the mail, stamped and all.

Could it be that these instructions are old, or how did the other Swedes in here obtain their personbevis? Maybe @Paul & Mallory knows? :) 

h

Timeline
7 hours ago, LizM said:

Question about the personbevis - I have requested personbevis utland, in English, containing family. So far so good, but when I read the instructions that came with the interview appointment confirmation, it specifically says the type of personbevis they're looking for is not obtainable online and that it must be requested on the phone or by visiting their office. I was able to request this personbevis online though? And then it came a few days later in the mail, stamped and all.

Could it be that these instructions are old, or how did the other Swedes in here obtain their personbevis? Maybe @Paul & Mallory knows? :) 

You'll have to help me out, I'm the American LOL - personbevis is proof of identity, right? Like basically equivalent to birth certificate?

If so - Paul got a certified, English translated hard copy, but he didn't get it online so I'm actually not sure if an online one would be accepted. I would think as long as it's certified, it would be fine.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

4 hours ago, Paul & Mallory said:

You'll have to help me out, I'm the American LOL - personbevis is proof of identity, right? Like basically equivalent to birth certificate?

If so - Paul got a certified, English translated hard copy, but he didn't get it online so I'm actually not sure if an online one would be accepted. I would think as long as it's certified, it would be fine.

Haha sorry! Yes that is correct, it is our equivalent of a birth certificate. It means "proof of person" basically.

Mine is a hardcopy too and it was mailed to me, and it's stamped so I suppose that counts as certified. But I did request it online, not on the phone or at an office... Do you by any chance know how he requested it? Here's what it looked like on the website when I ordered it. It has the same name as the one they're asking for (Utdrag ur folkboköringen - 120 med alla relationer). I keep thinking this must be the one? 

Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 18.47.19.png

h

Timeline
1 hour ago, LizM said:

Haha sorry! Yes that is correct, it is our equivalent of a birth certificate. It means "proof of person" basically.

Mine is a hardcopy too and it was mailed to me, and it's stamped so I suppose that counts as certified. But I did request it online, not on the phone or at an office... Do you by any chance know how he requested it? Here's what it looked like on the website when I ordered it. It has the same name as the one they're asking for (Utdrag ur folkboköringen - 120 med alla relationer). I keep thinking this must be the one? 

Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 18.47.19.png

I just texted him and asked to be sure I tell you right, lol - he said yes, he ordered his online in English with the stamp and signature. He says there's a section for foreign use on their webpage, and then it was sent back to him via regular mail.

Håll ut, y'all.

1 minute ago, Paul & Mallory said:

I just texted him and asked to be sure I tell you right, lol - he said yes, he ordered his online in English with the stamp and signature. He says there's a section for foreign use on their webpage, and then it was sent back to him via regular mail.

Ohh perfect thank you so much! And especially for checking with him. We greeted each other at some point when he took over your account haha. Say hej & tack tack from me! :D Turns out I got the correct one then. Now we just need to get together all the financial papers and then we're good to go :) 

h

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Yep, you can order the correct personbevis online these days, it's a new feature. I tried it out last year, twice. Both for when I renewed my passport within the US and also for my AOS interview to which I wanted to bring a personbevis with a date close to the interview date as the first one I sent was several months old by then. Worked just fine, however, it took twice as long to receive the personbevis when I ordered it online, compared to when I called in. When calling in they fix it immediately, when ordering online they "get to it when they get to it".

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.