Jadon_Germany

N-400 January 2017 Filers

2,122 posts in this topic

Just now, jayu said:

What country are you from?

South East Asia region but doesn't really matter because my cousin filed her N400 application and over 2 months later received an interview notice. I guess myself having a titled professional designation in my country of origin is strictly investigated compared to my cousin who has no professional title has loose BC.  What a system...funnier than ever...laughable.

10 minutes ago, ruby_7 said:

South East Asia region but doesn't really matter because my cousin filed her N400 application and over 2 months later received an interview notice. I guess myself having a titled professional designation in my country of origin is strictly investigated compared to my cousin who has no professional title has loose BC.  What a system...funnier than ever...laughable.

What country are you from?

Same thing happened when I filed my I-485 it was delayed as well, it took 7 months of their interview notice from NBC (formerly MSC) while my cousin took only 3 mos. of interview notice... Laughable system, the titled professionals have strict BC compared to non-titled professionals.  They should have fair treatment to each applicant file regardless of status.  The higher caliber person regardless of the country of origin, the more tightly investigated.  In my country, the titled-professionals followed strict protocols because a simple mistake would be a ground of revoking the title..but I guess the people in charge in BC did not know such kind of system that's why professionally designated applicants are strictly investigated while the non-professionals are loosely examined.

Edited by ruby_7

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, ruby_7 said:

Same thing happened when I filed my I-485 it was delayed as well, it took 7 months of their interview notice from NBC (formerly MSC) while my cousin took only 3 mos. of interview notice... Laughable system, the titled professionals have strict BC compared to non-titled professionals.

What do you mean by titled professionals, do you mean you were in army os something along this line? I don't think unless you are some certain kinf of professional, it should trigger bc check,

Some names by themselves trigger a background check as they match with not good people, in some cases fbi doesn't have much info about those not good people and it takes extra time to identify that you are not one of them, I know it is frustrating as i have been through that when i first came to usa and my visa process (student visa) took 1 year as i was stuck in background checks and i was getting same reply that we are waiting for background checks...got visa once it was done.

however i do want to add that my i485 process was very quick, and for n400 also i was placed inline on that date I should get it, so even though vigorous checks , they may help you in long run once system shows you are not that person....

and i guess its not only name, many other things can trigger fbi checks, this is what I believe, it is one of the worst waits as it can take very long, however in obama years I think a law was passed on how much time max should be given to background checks, not sure if it still exists

12 minutes ago, weakheart said:

What do you mean by titled professionals, do you mean you were in army os something along this line? I don't think unless you are some certain kinf of professional, it should trigger bc check,

Some names by themselves trigger a background check as they match with not good people, in some cases fbi doesn't have much info about those not good people and it takes extra time to identify that you are not one of them, I know it is frustrating as i have been through that when i first came to usa and my visa process (student visa) took 1 year as i was stuck in background checks and i was getting same reply that we are waiting for background checks...got visa once it was done.

however i do want to add that my i485 process was very quick, and for n400 also i was placed inline on that date I should get it, so even though vigorous checks , they may help you in long run once system shows you are not that person....

and i guess its not only name, many other things can trigger fbi checks, this is what I believe, it is one of the worst waits as it can take very long, however in obama years I think a law was passed on how much time max should be given to background checks, not sure if it still exists

titled professionals like doctors, nurses, accountants, engineers, etc. I know some posters here a while back same complaints, titled professionals are strictly investigated compared to the non-titled professionals and or lesser educational background.  Their rigorous BC is pulled up from the country of origin's search database collaboration with my country of origin records offices because if the info search is just based in here since I live it should have been done quick, this I know because I have an employment background check recently & supposed to be 3-5 days wait but the employer was surprised because the result came up within the day and the result was crystal clear clean compared to other potential job applicants which took 3-5 days before the result showed up.

Edited by ruby_7

Filed: Other Country: Turkey
Timeline
20 minutes ago, ruby_7 said:

titled professionals like doctors, nurses, accountants, engineers, etc. I know some posters here a while back same complaints, titled professionals are strictly investigated compared to the non-titled professionals and or lesser educational background.  Their rigorous BC is pulled up from the country of origin's search database collaboration with my country of origin records offices because if the info search is just based in here since I live it should have been done quick, this I know because I have an employment background check recently & supposed to be 3-5 days wait but the employer was surprised because the result came up within the day and the result was crystal clear clean compared to other potential job applicants which took 3-5 days before the result showed up.

Did you get the "in line for interview" notice?

Relax, this is not a race.

Just now, MyJourney said:

Did you get the "in line for interview" notice?

No.  I just inquired about the progress of my case when I called them on May 16.  And like their email response today, the L2 customer rep few weeks ago told me based on the USCIS online file he accessed, USCIS cannot move forward because the FBI has not submitted yet the result of the BC (that's what NBC is waiting) that's why my file still stuck on NBC for such wait and not on field office for interview schedule. I asked the L2 customer rep if he's sure on that & told me yes the delay is due to the FBI has no submission yet back to NBC of the BC result & further told me to be patient because this is one of the applications that has a long processing wait  which normally takes on average 8-12 months & it's on a first-come first serve basis and there are still on BC who are ahead of me. That's what he told me a few weeks ago, which was also what the IO email response today to which I guess IO has research my case of what cause the delay.  Well, in my opinion it is still on the normal processing time based on Cleveland office, once it will lapse on their posted timeline in Cleveland that I will consider delay which I would need to make an online inquiry submission. At the moment Cleveland is processing cases as of Nov. 10, 2016.

I received an email today from USCIS for my case inquiry on May 16, to which my priority date is Jan. 25 .   USCIS responded in email today stating that my case has been delayed due to the background check that still pending and they cannot move forward until BC is done (which is from the FBI).  Furthermore, stated I have to wait within 6 months from the date of today's email before making another inquiry.  Ughhhh...Some people are luckier than others because their BC is done few weeks after their FP, while others are taking longer. What a life :( (sigh)

Timeline

I am sorry to hear the delays on your case. I can understand you. I hope you will be cleared sooner than later.
The good thing is we can still live and work without any problems. I was hoping to get married this summer, I postponed that because this process is so slow.... :( I have already hit the rock bottom, I really don't care much if I get my citizenship in a month or in 3 months anymore, it is not that critical anymore.

1 minute ago, MyJourney said:

I am sorry to hear the delays on your case. I can understand you. I hope you will be cleared sooner than later.
The good thing is we can still live and work without any problems. I was hoping to get married this summer, I postponed that because this process is so slow.... :( I have already hit the rock bottom, I really don't care much if I get my citizenship in a month or in 3 months anymore, it is not that critical anymore.

Thank you for the moral support. I know it's kind of depressing  :( because I have plans and part of it is applying for some federal jobs which required citizenship but some of these plans are on hold due to this rigorous BC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
11 minutes ago, ruby_7 said:

No.  I just inquired about the progress of my case when I called them on May 16.  And like their email response today, the L2 customer rep few weeks ago told me based on the USCIS online file he accessed, USCIS cannot move forward because the FBI has not submitted yet the result of the BC (that's what NBC is waiting) that's why my file still stuck on NBC for such wait and not on field office for interview schedule. I asked the L2 customer rep if he's sure on that & told me yes the delay is due to the FBI has no submission yet back to NBC of the BC result & further told me to be patient because this is one of the applications that has a long processing wait  which normally takes on average 8-12 months & it's on a first-come first serve basis and there are still on BC who are ahead of me. That's what he told me a few weeks ago, which was also what the IO email response today to which I guess IO has research my case of what cause the delay.  Well, in my opinion it is still on the normal processing time based on Cleveland office, once it will lapse on their posted timeline in Cleveland that I will consider delay which I would need to make an online inquiry submission. At the moment Cleveland is processing cases as of Nov. 10, 2016.

I received an email today from USCIS for my case inquiry on May 16, to which my priority date is Jan. 25 .   USCIS responded in email today stating that my case has been delayed due to the background check that still pending and they cannot move forward until BC is done (which is from the FBI).  Furthermore, stated I have to wait within 6 months from the date of today's email before making another inquiry.  Ughhhh...Some people are luckier than others because their BC is done few weeks after their FP, while others are taking longer. What a life :( (sigh)

I know it is unfortunate however i want to give you a good news , once your bc is clear and you are placed inline then you wont have to wait like every one 3-5 months inline, your interview will be scheduled in a week or so, reason is that, once you are inline(means have cleared back grounds) case gets transferred to field offices and field offices look at priority date which is date when they recieved your application not inline date, so if your priority date is current then your interview is scheduled the same day, if it is not current your interview gets scheduled once it does in that case you dont waste any day even if your bc was cleared on first day

9 minutes ago, MyJourney said:

Postponing your marriage makes a lot of sense per documentation purposes avoiding the hassles. But on the other hand, kind of sad to think, sorry to hear your postponement. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, ruby_7 said:

Thank you for the moral support. I know it's kind of depressing  :( because I have plans and part of it is applying for some federal jobs which required citizenship but some of these plans are on hold due to this rigorous BC.

I don't have a federal job, but I know you will be subjected to the same or a higher-lever bc for those jobs. it will com out quicker next time around. ;)
Also, if you have a specific employer that is seriously interested, explain the situation and offer to work on a contracts-basis until you get your citizenship.

9 minutes ago, weakheart said:

I know it is unfortunate however i want to give you a good news , once your bc is clear and you are placed inline then you wont have to wait like every one 3-5 months inline, your interview will be scheduled in a week or so, reason is that, once you are inline(means have cleared back grounds) case gets transferred to field offices and field offices look at priority date which is date when they recieved your application not inline date, so if your priority date is current then your interview is scheduled the same day, if it is not current your interview gets scheduled once it does in that case you dont waste any day even if your bc was cleared on first day

Thank you for the moral support.  I appreciate it very much.  What you stated make sense because way back my I-485, 2 weeks after I'm cleared of BC, I got interview notice. I was shock bec. I thought I have to wait another month for interview schedule.

Edited by ruby_7

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Finally!! I got my interview letter. :) Can please someone update my table - I was in line for the interview since 02/22/2017, today I got the letter (07/10/2017) and my interview is going to be here in Bismarck on 08/07/2017. I was really surprised, usually it is in Fargo (I had my biometrics appointment in Fargo). Also, my husbands name is not spelled correctly - it is Luka, not Luca. 

Thanks and good luck to all! :)

N400 Journey

2017-01-10: package sent 
2017-01-23: NOA1 hard copy received (date on the NOA1 01/17/2017)
2017-02-10: biometrics appointment 
2017-02-22: in line for the interview
2017-07-05: case status changed to we scheduled your interview ...etc
2017-07-10: interview letter received
2017-08-07: interview 
2017-09-01: in line for Oath

ROC Journey
2015-12-28: package sent
2015-12-29: NOA1 (received on 2016-01-19)
2016-01-26: biometrics app. in Fargo (letter received in mail on 2016-01-14)
2016-07-22: NOA2 Approved!
2016-07-30: Green card received

AOS Journey

2013-09-20 ( Day 1 ) - AOS, EAD, AP applications sent

2013-09-23 ( Day 3 ) - AOS, EAD, AP applications received

2013-09-26 ( Day 6 ) - email NOA1 for AOS, EAD, AP applications

2013-09-30 ( Day 10 ) - hard copy NOA1 for AOS, EAD, AP applications

2013-10-08 ( Day 18 ) - Biometrics Appointment Notice received in the mail

2013-10-25 ( Day 35) - Bio. Appt. in Fargo

2013-11-26 (Day 67) - EAD and AP approved !!!

2013-12-02 (Day 72) - EAD and AP sent to my address 

2013-12-05 (Day 75) - EAD and AP received in mail

2014-03-11 - RFE for AOS (some vaccination missing)

2014-03-18 - RFE respond sent

2014-03-24 - GREEN CARD APPROVED (CARD IN PRODUCTION)

2014-03-31 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED IN MAIL

Timeline
15 minutes ago, ruby_7 said:

How do you know it will come out quicker ?

I had to pass a bc for my job, not a federal job, but still pretty strict, I waited for  a while for it to clear. I applied for citizenship shortly after and my bc was cleared in two business days.

Edited by MyJourney

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.