Jadon_Germany

N-400 January 2017 Filers

2,122 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, weakheart said:

Thats why some times i like government, they dont decriminate who can work for them... a deaf immigration officer who would have thought that

Here in America, I don't think private sector employers can discriminate based on disability either if reasonable accommodations can be made.

barata-gif-3.gif

13 hours ago, nooha said:

Congratulations, he did not ask for the passport photos? 

No, although we did bring some.  So we will just save them for the passport application.

barata-gif-3.gif

5 hours ago, Charlie77 said:

I had my interview at NE office. I studied for the test but never thought to go over my N400. So there was a lot of mismatching with my answers and the application. I owe taxes and I have installment contract that I'm paying every month. The officer asked for the latest balance that I didn't have. I was arrested after the date of application and to the question "Have you ever been arrested" I answered yes and showed all the papers. She even liked it and commented by saying thanks for being honest. I passed the writing reading and civic tests. There were given 6 questions and after I answered correct to all of them she stopped asking. She gave me form N-652 where the following boxes checked:

You passed the test of English and US history and government

Follow the instruction on form N-14

A decision cannot yet be made about your interview

So she advised me that I would be getting a letter and that I have to follow and answer it. After I came home I reviewed N400 and all the supporting documents and I know what she might ask. Do you think just to be proactive and send them now or wait? Thanks thought it would be helpful...

Wait for the letter.  Then send the required evidence along with it.

Yes, the bulk of the interview is going carefully over each question on the N-400 orally.  Everyone should be prepared for that and have evidence for each if needed.  

Role playing the interview with a friend or relative is a good way to do that.

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Bugs said:

Here in America, I don't think private sector employers can discriminate based on disability either if reasonable accommodations can be made.

Big cooperations may not but small buisnesses definitely do, they look at expense work ratio, i am young and energetic and can get job literally anywhere but you send a old/ fat person to a small business more likely he/she ia going to fill an application and would never get call back...not saying every one does that but you can experiment someday to see if a deaf person gets a job as easily as others in small buisnesses.... dont forget most buisnesses in usa are small buisnesses, ( not saying it is legal to do it, but it is a sad reality)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Had my interview this morning and passed. Letter to come within the next few weeks. No passport photos required in my instance but he did take my photo with his Webcam and took fingerprints. I was taken about 10 mins before my scheduled appointment so maybe worthwhile turning up nice and sharp. 

NOA 1 - Sept 18 2003

RFE - March 15 2004

NOA 2 - April 9 2004

Cleared NVC - April 26 2004

Packet 3 received from London - May 13th 2004

Packet 3 returned to London - May 14th 2004

Packet 3 received by London - May 17th 2004

Packet 4 received from London - May 27th 2004

Interview and Medical Date - June 1st 2004

Visa Approved - June 1st 2004

Visa Arrived - June 2nd 2004

Flight booked - June 2nd 2004

Arrived in the States - June 7 2004

Wedding Date - June 26 2004 (Naper Settlement, Chicago)

AOS Biometrics - October 20th 2004

EAD Card received - October 25th 2004

AOS Interview - April 12th 2005 (Succesful - Passport stamped)

Permanent Resident Card received - April 15th 2005

Lifting of Conditions filed - March 20, 2007

Lifting of Conditions NOA - March 23, 2007

Lifting of Conditions Biometrics appt - April 17, 2007

Case Transferred to ??? - April 1, 2008

INFOPASS Appt (Chicago) - April 17, 2008

Stamp received and verbal approval of 10 yr card - April 17, 2008

Emailed approval - May 2, 2008

Approval letter sent - May 6, 2008

10 Year card received - May 10, 2008

Filed: Timeline
58 minutes ago, Haggischomper said:

Had my interview this morning and passed. Letter to come within the next few weeks. No passport photos required in my instance but he did take my photo with his Webcam and took fingerprints. I was taken about 10 mins before my scheduled appointment so maybe worthwhile turning up nice and sharp. 

Congratulations!  thanks for sharing your experience.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I had my interview at the Chicago field office this morning and passed. I checked in around 20 minutes before my appointment, and I was called in by the officer for the interview about 15 minutes after my appointment time. The interview was 15 minutes total.

Questions:

1. What does the President's cabinet do?

2. If both the President and Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?

3. Name one branch or part of the government?

4. How many justices are on the Supreme Court?

5. What did the Declaration of Independence do?

6. We elect a U.S. senator for how many years?

The officer interviewing me was insanely nice; she was probably the nicest person I've ever had to deal with through this entire long process, so it was a nice finish. She took my passport, green card, state ID, and the appointment notice as soon as we got into her office. She then took my picture and my fingerprints. She went onto the civics/history and the reading/writing tests. When I passed, she went through my application and asked me some random questions (your phone number, address, spouse's full name, where do you work?). She then asked me all the yes/no questions on the N-400. She only wanted to see my certified marriage cert. and my spouse's original birth cert. No 2016 tax stuff... weird but okay!

An important note: I did not submit passport photos with my original application, and she did ask me for these. Luckily, I brought some with me just in case. I am doing a name change. She explained that people doing a name change need the passport photos, regardless of what the updated N-400 instructions say. I'd say everyone should bring them to be safe, but you apparently need them if you're doing a name change?

At the end, she handed me a piece of paper indicating that I passed the tests and my application was being recommended for approval. She said that the actual oath ceremony would likely be in two months according to her estimate with current cases, but I would be receiving a notice for a date and location in a few weeks.

5 hours ago, weakheart said:

Big cooperations may not but small buisnesses definitely do, they look at expense work ratio, i am young and energetic and can get job literally anywhere but you send a old/ fat person to a small business more likely he/she ia going to fill an application and would never get call back...not saying every one does that but you can experiment someday to see if a deaf person gets a job as easily as others in small buisnesses.... dont forget most buisnesses in usa are small buisnesses, ( not saying it is legal to do it, but it is a sad reality)

No doubt there is still discrimination going on, but of course that doesn't make it legal. If it can be proven in court that was the case with a disability, then believe the employer would be in trouble for it.

barata-gif-3.gif

1 hour ago, MyJourney said:

Of 59 January filers on the list, only 26 have interviews scheduled so far, which is less than half (44%).

Okay, I don't feel left out now. haha

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

"USCIS to Naturalize 15,000 New Citizens During Independence Day Holiday"

Well I guess I am not one of those 15,000 people.

2 hours ago, MyJourney said:

Of 59 January filers on the list, only 26 have interviews scheduled so far, which is less than half (44%).

Yeah, but also some out of 59 might be potentially dead accounts by now that ruin statistics. Is there is a way to find out who are still active?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Deribas_Alma-Ata said:

Yeah, but also some out of 59 might be potentially dead accounts by now that ruin statistics. Is there is a way to find out who are still active?

You can go to each profile to see when they last visited, but again some people are most likely to come back when status changes and some probably will never... we can ask here a simple question that who is waiting inline, who is still at fingerprints? And may be you will get the answer

Hey guys, please make sure that the most recent data in the spreadsheet is up to date... How many people waiting in line for the interview and who, as same as me, stuck in FBI name check? Your cooperation will be highly appreciated...

On 6/28/2017 at 4:16 AM, Charlie77 said:

I had my interview at NE office. I studied for the test but never thought to go over my N400. So there was a lot of mismatching with my answers and the application. I owe taxes and I have installment contract that I'm paying every month. The officer asked for the latest balance that I didn't have. I was arrested after the date of application and to the question "Have you ever been arrested" I answered yes and showed all the papers. She even liked it and commented by saying thanks for being honest. I passed the writing reading and civic tests. There were given 6 questions and after I answered correct to all of them she stopped asking. She gave me form N-652 where the following boxes checked:

You passed the test of English and US history and government

Follow the instruction on form N-14

A decision cannot yet be made about your interview

So she advised me that I would be getting a letter and that I have to follow and answer it. After I came home I reviewed N400 and all the supporting documents and I know what she might ask. Do you think just to be proactive and send them now or wait? Thanks thought it would be helpful...

Lets keep updating each other in this topic i just create it : stuck in " a decision cannot yet be made about your N400 application"?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.