Jadon_Germany

N-400 January 2017 Filers

2,122 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 4/17/2017 at 2:45 PM, NJ_NJ said:

Hi @Nana098no update. Still in line for interview. 

Hi, again @NJ_NJ no update? We still in line for interview. On Monday 5, My daughter had her interview, everything was good, except the waiting time, we spent 6 hours there, her appt. was at 9 am, was called 11am, interview took just 15 minutes and wait until 2 pm for oath, we left around 3 pm.

So be prepared to spend the whole day there

an1cHjz0g410010M2xzfDEwMDA5OThzYXxMaXZpb

Filed: Timeline
2 minutes ago, weakheart said:

Does it say how long will they take to reply?

You typically get an automated email response that indicates you should hear something back by 30 days after the submission.  I have no idea how accurate this is, but will say that I filed an e-request a few days after being in-line for 90 days and the 30-day response window is nearly finished.  The online status indicates the task still has not been assigned for processing, so I honestly doubt this exercise is beneficial.  In the end, I'd expect them to refer us to the Processing Times data for each field office and not respond to inquiries that aren't outside of that processing window.  I'll update the list if I get anything back on my inquiry.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 minutes ago, cocann said:

You typically get an automated email response that indicates you should hear something back by 30 days after the submission.  I have no idea how accurate this is, but will say that I filed an e-request a few days after being in-line for 90 days and the 30-day response window is nearly finished.  The online status indicates the task still has not been assigned for processing, so I honestly doubt this exercise is beneficial.  In the end, I'd expect them to refer us to the Processing Times data for each field office and not respond to inquiries that aren't outside of that processing window.  I'll update the list if I get anything back on my inquiry.

grrr, i wish i had read your response before filing e reques,t i just filed it, what is annoying is why cant they schedule the interview for this long?i mean the date they schedule could be far if they are busy but it takes months to schedule only?:angry:

Filed: Other Country: Turkey
Timeline
51 minutes ago, weakheart said:

Does it say how long will they take to reply?

3 weeks. I am guessing they need one week for reading 3 lines i wrote, another week for processing it, and another week for saying something about it.

Relax, this is not a race.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, cocann said:

If they say it takes 2 years to "process" the application, I am fine with that, I will wait 2 years. But it really looks unfair when some people get it in two months and all you hear is "your case is within processing time". This does not make sense.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Just now, MyJourney said:

If they say it takes 2 years to "process" the application, I am fine with that, I will wait 2 years. But it really looks unfair when some people get it in two months and all you hear is "your case is within processing time". This does not make sense.

i was just checking nov fillers, some are gettng interview letters now, i think it will take some time and by 2.3 months we all will have interview letters, they should rotate some immigration officers into slower field offices to make it fair

10 minutes ago, weakheart said:

740k pending, I think we applied in a bad time 

It's clear that there was an increase in applications beginning January of last year (average of 20% quarter to quarter).

Yet, total processed (approved and denied) per quarter has gone down significantly this year.

- 2016 Q1 = 174,180 

- 2017 Q1 = 129,685

I think we lost people in the N-400 department. :huh:

Timeline

This statistics still means nothing in the light of the fact that there are people who are getting their applications processed in as quickly as two months. They must provide a reasonable explanation why Harry gets his application processed in two months while Ahmed has to wait 2 years.

Edited by MyJourney

1 hour ago, MyJourney said:

This statistics still means nothing in the light of the fact that there are people who are getting their applications processed in as quickly as two months. They must provide a reasonable explanation why Harry gets his application processed in two months while Ahmed has to wait 2 years.

hahaha... cause not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslims... Is it good enough answer? hahaha

But if Harry kills bunch of people, they already has an excuse for him... Harry was bi-polar... 

Few weeks ago in Times Square former USA solder intentionally hit people by his car... so, officials said it was not a terrorist  attack...  But why? Not enough people died?

Edited by Deribas_Alma-Ata

1 hour ago, purplepretzel said:

It's clear that there was an increase in applications beginning January of last year (average of 20% quarter to quarter).

Yet, total processed (approved and denied) per quarter has gone down significantly this year.

- 2016 Q1 = 174,180 

- 2017 Q1 = 129,685

I think we lost people in the N-400 department. :huh:

Yes.  Someone posted a detailed spreadsheet a month or so ago that reflected movement of N-400 processing to increased DACA processing - likely a result of the election of Trump.

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Deribas_Alma-Ata said:

hahaha... cause not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslims... Is it good enough answer? hahaha

But if Harry kills bunch of people, they already has an excuse for him... Harry was bi-polar... 

Few weeks ago in Times Square former USA solder intentionally hit people by his car... so, officials said it was not a terrorist  attack...  But why? Not enough people died?

I disagree that all terrorists are Muslim.I mean there might be a few who follow other religions. 

1 hour ago, MyJourney said:

While that is an extreme example and probably has more to do with Ahmed's particular case than anything else, most processing times are affected by which field office they are in.  Some field offices have more applications to deal with, less workforce, more other application types to deal with, etc.  Could be anything really.  You can usually get a good idea of how long your particular field office will take from looking at recent VJ member processing times for that field office.

barata-gif-3.gif

8 hours ago, jayu said:

New statistical data is out. The backlog has increased Jan-Mar.

I don't doubt that for the simple reason: big federal budget cut.  Take for example my local FO, from what I read about their office info their hours of operation are 4 days only for less than 8 hours work per day (8AM-3PM). So, this explains a long wait of movement of N400 applications. Ughhhhh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.