Jadon_Germany

N-400 January 2017 Filers

2,122 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jkstark said:

None taken...

I just have to wonder at the efficiencies of the system...  I know I have a file with the feds due to where I was born, and having them interview me at one point post 9/11.  As a result, I would have thought that my background check should be relatively simple - just pull up the file that has already been compiled, and verify.  However, it appears that the process is a bit different, and one agency does not inherently trust what the other has done, and there will be a completely separate "once-over" of the results...

Oh well - I'm not in any particular hurry, and have nowhere to go anytime soon in any case.  My wife is the one who always wants to know what has happened to the case status, and I'm getting a little bored of having to say "nothing yet..."  :)

I got it! Some times i'm thinking that they may slow my case down cause i was born and raise in "stan" country... but you never know... i hope i'm wrong...

So, good luck with that journey! Hopefully it's not going to be sooo long! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 minutes ago, weakheart said:

Grrrr... read the article... we are stuck bcoz the line is just too big apparently 

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/apr/23/naturalization-delay-prevents-new-citizens-from-vo/

I mean irrespective of who to blame, but there is a backlog and we are the lucky ones to apply in the time where there was one

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Deribas_Alma-Ata said:

I got it! Some times i'm thinking that they may slow my case down cause i was born and raise in "stan" country... but you never know... i hope i'm wrong...

Ah yes - you are from one of the "country of" places..  :)  I have lived in one ending that way (in the native language) and another similar "country of" place (with a different language ending).  Obviously, I am from another "land of" countries as well, but that one does not usually cause people to take note in such issues...

(In fact, I see "stan" and I usually internally pronounce it with an open vowel "a" sound, and not the english closed a sound as would be in the personal name of Stan.)

24 minutes ago, weakheart said:

I mean irrespective of who to blame, but there is a backlog and we are the lucky ones to apply in the time where there was one

It's scary.. we are in the eye of the storm. well looks like we can't  expect too much,  just be patient and enjoy life :pop:

Filed: Other Country: Turkey
Timeline

Countries/regions with "stan" endings (extensive list):
Afghanistan
Balucistan (Iran)
Baskortostan (Russia)
Chechenistan (Russia)
Dagestan (Russia)
Gurcustan (Georgia)
Hayastan (Armenia)
Hindustan (India)
Karakalpakstan (Uzbekistan)
Kazakhstan
Kyrgyzstan
Kurdistan (Iraq)
Pakistan
Tajikistan
Tatarstan (Russia)
Turkmenistan
Uzbekistan

The list is long. If they want to be "super careful" in their "vetting" they should be prepared to spend more money. Because the combined population of these countries is close to 2 bln.

Relax, this is not a race.

Timeline

It was eerie to see both Democratic (Clinton) and Republican (McCain) candidates make a big deal of Obama's middle name (Hussein) during their campaign suggesting Obama was somehow less qualified (or better unqualified) to be a president because of his middle name.
I do not think we should be tense about our origins. Instead, we are going to add to the diversity of this country.

Edited by MyJourney

Timeline
30 minutes ago, MyJourney said:

I just got a text message. We have processed your monthly payment to Verizon.... :jest:

Lol... i bet you were eager to see that happening 

Timeline

i am looking at these love stories people all the wonderful people applying for visas and can't help thinking: love is a wonderful thing and certainly is not about looks and age, as long as you are a usc. :ph34r:

Timeline
3 minutes ago, MyJourney said:

i am looking at these love stories people all the wonderful people applying for visas and can't help thinking: love is a wonderful thing and certainly is not about looks and age, as long as you are a usc. :ph34r:

There are many month's fillers in this website, I think January 2017 fillers rock though

Timeline

there is movement in November filers......so.....we are probably.....about two months away....but hopefully, since less people are actually applying now (there is no may 2017 filers thread), we may be about a month away from getting interview notices.....

15 hours ago, Deribas_Alma-Ata said:

Not necessarily true! I am from Kazakhstan and I can see you are too from Almaty, KZ. I have an interview scheduled (still waiting for the letter). At this point, I believe it all depends how busy the filing office is. Good luck! It will happen! 

3 minutes ago, Azhrid said:

Not necessarily true! I am from Kazakhstan and I can see you are too from Almaty, KZ. I have an interview scheduled (still waiting for the letter). At this point, I believe it all depends how busy the filing office is. Good luck! It will happen! 

Fully agree with you .. it depends how busy is the field office.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.