Jadon_Germany

N-400 January 2017 Filers

2,122 posts in this topic

Late update interview experience at Louisville , KY . i was asked the following questions :

How many amendments does the Constitution have?

Name one branch or part of the government ?

We elect a U.S. Senator for how many years?

If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?

What happened at the Constitutional Convention?

What is one thing Benjamin Franklin is famous for?

In short i answered all of them right away . He also gave me a paper to read loud which was saying ( When is columbus day ?) He said i want you to write down that ( Columbus day is in October ) no additional document was requested . At the end of interview the officer handed me the paper N-652 says Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval . We hand shook and i left the office . 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Americ@ said:

Late update interview experience at Louisville , KY . i was asked the following questions :

How many amendments does the Constitution have?

Name one branch or part of the government ?

We elect a U.S. Senator for how many years?

If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?

What happened at the Constitutional Convention?

What is one thing Benjamin Franklin is famous for?

In short i answered all of them right away . He also gave me a paper to read loud which was saying ( When is columbus day ?) He said i want you to write down that ( Columbus day is in October ) no additional document was requested . At the end of interview the officer handed me the paper N-652 says Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval . We hand shook and i left the office . 

Wonderful and Thanks for sharing your experience. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I guess i need to start studying the questions as well, thing is that when you don't have interview appointment, you dont want to start studying for it 😞

17 hours ago, weakheart said:

I guess i need to start studying the questions as well, thing is that when you don't have interview appointment, you dont want to start studying for it 😞

Too early .. you will have forgotten everything by the time you get your letter with the date of the interview Until than I suggest  that you enjoy your life now:dance::pop::D

Where do you guys see your "In line for interview" status? Mine most updated case history says "We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization " Not even mentioned abut the fingerprints that had place on Feb 6, 2017

Do I check in the wrong place? (USCIS check your case status folder)

Filed: Other Country: Turkey
Timeline
19 hours ago, weakheart said:

Put it under your pillow to wirelessly transfer that information into your brain. :D

Relax, this is not a race.

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Deribas_Alma-Ata said:

Where do you guys see your "In line for interview" status? Mine most updated case history says "We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization " Not even mentioned abut the fingerprints that had place on Feb 6, 2017

Do I check in the wrong place? (USCIS check your case status folder)

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

check here

Timeline

They say things happen when u expect them the least, it wasn't even in my wild imaginations that my status would change today, so I decided to just check it... lol , that saying is wrong, it didn't change still says that old familiar phrase, case is inline 🤓

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, weakheart said:

They say things happen when u expect them the least, it wasn't even in my wild imaginations that my status would change today, so I decided to just check it... lol , that saying is wrong, it didn't change still says that old familiar phrase, case is inline 🤓

Same things happens to me everyday

49 minutes ago, weakheart said:

Yeah, i checked this as well Fingerprint appointments was scheduled and that's it...:huh2:

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Deribas_Alma-Ata said:

Yeah, i checked this as well Fingerprint appointments was scheduled and that's it...:huh2:

It is possible that you are not placed in line yet😞, if you fulfill your fp appointment, it doesn't change status for that , next status is when you are placed inline.... for some people background check takes longer time and when it is completed then you are placed inline, however good thing is that once you are inline scheduling of interview is done on the basis of priorty date, which is date when they recieved your application....

but apparently uscis is not that simple, there are many if's and but's

Edited by weakheart

21 hours ago, weakheart said:

even if you learn 10 questions per day after you get your letter, you will still have more than enough time to memorize all the answers by the interview date (assuming it takes a month between letter and interview date)

Edited by purplepretzel

Timeline
1 minute ago, purplepretzel said:

even if you learn 10 questions per day after you get your letter, you will still have more than enough time to memorize all the answers by the interview date (assuming it takes a month between letter and interview date)

Most questions are easy for me as i studied american government and American history here in college, i am not worried except names of senators, lawmakers blah blah...

i will do that as soon as tomorrow morning when my status changes😜

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.