Jadon_Germany

N-400 January 2017 Filers

2,122 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, weakheart said:

:blink:glad you didnt say august or september,, by the way i just checked it is still in line:((((

I was seriously thinking to put AUG as well, but after recalculation I feel, in Aug we will be mostly done :dance: 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
25 minutes ago, MyJourney said:

Day 51, another beautiful day of waiting, it feels so god to be waiting and knowing that they are super slow and will use every excuse on Earth and the Solar system to be even slower. You can feel how hard they try to prolong this waiting period for you......just the idea of this wonderful waiting period could actually be over some day scares me.... :D:D:D 

lol"  on solar system"

Hi Everyone

I had my citizenship interview in Louisville today and it went really well!  I have been approved (pending the Senior Officer's approval).  I didn't have an oath ceremony today, I have to wait for scheduling for that.

The interview was surprisingly quick (maybe 15 minutes).  The interviewing officer (super friendly and very relaxed) asked me to confirm details on my N400, we also went through in brief detail my 2 trips outside the country in the last 5 years and then we did the testing.  He first had me read a sentence: "The President lives in the White House".  Then I had to write "The White House is in Washington DC".  The civics questions were: 

Who Vetoes Bills?

Who did the US fight in WW2?

What is an Amendment?

What is the capital of Kentucky?

What are the first 10 Amendments to the Constitution called?

and I think the other one was

What do we show loyalty to when we say the Pledge of Allegiance?

I was a bit nervous but as I said the guy was very friendly and that made me relax.  After that I had to confirm I was prepared to serve the country if necessary, that I understood the Oath and then I had to sign a couple of things including my photos.

He said thats it, I'm recommending you for approval and asked if I had any questions.

I bought a lot of documentation to the interview:

Passport

Green Card

Drivers Licence

Tax Transcripts (5 Years)

Original tax returns

Several Household bills with me and my wife's name on

Interview letter

Birth certificates

Marriage certificates

A few other bits and bobs

The ONLY thing he asked me for was an old passport confirming my 2 trips out of the country!  You obviously need the I/V letter, Drivers license, Green card and passport to sign in.  He laughed when I told him all I bought and said "I appreciate it, but as you are applying under the 5 year rule, we probably won't need any of it"

All done now except for the oath ceremony which should be fun.  

Good luck to all of you in this stressful time, I hope my experiences here help you overcome some nerves - it was really a breeze.  If you get to the interview stage, its more hassle for them not to approve you!

I hope all of your cases are approved (soon) and thanks for the advice and support.  Would someone mind updating my timeline?

1 minute ago, Olibecca1 said:

Would someone mind updating my timeline?

I guess my time line doesn't need updating until the oath ceremony

22 minutes ago, Olibecca1 said:

Hi Everyone

I had my citizenship interview in Louisville today and it went really well!  I have been approved (pending the Senior Officer's approval).  I didn't have an oath ceremony today, I have to wait for scheduling for that.

The interview was surprisingly quick (maybe 15 minutes).  The interviewing officer (super friendly and very relaxed) asked me to confirm details on my N400, we also went through in brief detail my 2 trips outside the country in the last 5 years and then we did the testing.  He first had me read a sentence: "The President lives in the White House".  Then I had to write "The White House is in Washington DC".  The civics questions were: 

Who Vetoes Bills?

Who did the US fight in WW2?

What is an Amendment?

What is the capital of Kentucky?

What are the first 10 Amendments to the Constitution called?

and I think the other one was

What do we show loyalty to when we say the Pledge of Allegiance?

I was a bit nervous but as I said the guy was very friendly and that made me relax.  After that I had to confirm I was prepared to serve the country if necessary, that I understood the Oath and then I had to sign a couple of things including my photos.

He said thats it, I'm recommending you for approval and asked if I had any questions.

I bought a lot of documentation to the interview:

Passport

Green Card

Drivers Licence

Tax Transcripts (5 Years)

Original tax returns

Several Household bills with me and my wife's name on

Interview letter

Birth certificates

Marriage certificates

A few other bits and bobs

The ONLY thing he asked me for was an old passport confirming my 2 trips out of the country!  You obviously need the I/V letter, Drivers license, Green card and passport to sign in.  He laughed when I told him all I bought and said "I appreciate it, but as you are applying under the 5 year rule, we probably won't need any of it"

All done now except for the oath ceremony which should be fun.  

Good luck to all of you in this stressful time, I hope my experiences here help you overcome some nerves - it was really a breeze.  If you get to the interview stage, its more hassle for them not to approve you!

I hope all of your cases are approved (soon) and thanks for the advice and support.  Would someone mind updating my timeline?

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!!!! What a relief!!!! Super !! :dance::dance::dance:

Filed: Other Country: Turkey
Timeline

Everyone keeps saying the same thing about this "processing times" thing. I have read and I understand the alleged rationale for it. That is the theory though. But in practice, you have May 2016 filers still waiting on one hand while March 2017 filers with interviews scheduled on the other hand.
That "processing time" thing is frequently said by USCIS officials, immigration attorneys, elected officials, etc. professionals who can legally be held accountable for what they say. Whereas I am an ordinary applicant. I paid the fees and not getting the best service possible for what I paid. I am looking, I am observing, and I am witnessing that the reality is different than what those USCIS officials and immigration attorneys are telling.

Relax, this is not a race.

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Olibecca1 said:

I guess my time line doesn't need updating until the oath ceremony

Congratulations! At least one positive news this week! Really happy for you!

Timeline
2 hours ago, weakheart said:

lol"  on solar system"

Yes, for real.......Expect another 18 months delay (nice way of saying 2 years) due to Solar wind storms around Saturns moons Mimas, Enceladus, and Tethys!

Timeline

And then....there this 86 year-old employee who still uses a typewriter on sick leave, who is actually on life support, but can never be fired since he does not flipping retire.

Edited by MyJourney

27 minutes ago, MyJourney said:

And then....there this 86 year-old employee who still uses a typewriter on sick leave, who is actually on life support, but can never be fired since he does not flipping retire.

:lol::rofl:

Timeline
54 minutes ago, MyJourney said:

That was funny, atleast we r having fun about it... we don't only cry we laugh too...a lesson to march 2016 fillers, who are still inline ☠️, I hope none of them is though 

Edited by weakheart

7 hours ago, MyJourney said:

Everyone keeps saying the same thing about this "processing times" thing. I have read and I understand the alleged rationale for it. That is the theory though. But in practice, you have May 2016 filers still waiting on one hand while March 2017 filers with interviews scheduled on the other hand.
That "processing time" thing is frequently said by USCIS officials, immigration attorneys, elected officials, etc. professionals who can legally be held accountable for what they say. Whereas I am an ordinary applicant. I paid the fees and not getting the best service possible for what I paid. I am looking, I am observing, and I am witnessing that the reality is different than what those USCIS officials and immigration attorneys are telling.

Of course there are going to be a handful of exceptions, both early and late, but the 8 months is the average, meaning the majority will be at or around that time frame.  This would be backed by those witnessed cases as well.  And if anyone is going to bank on actually being the exception, bank on the latter due to the recent slowdown that cut N-400 processing in half this quarter.  Yes, half.

I only say all this because I am reading posts in here about people already stressing out and checking their status every hour a mere 51 days into the process, let alone 7-8 months, and I'm suggesting a more relaxed perspective might be in order or it's really going to be a long spring and summer for them.

People can do what they want of course though.

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

Timeline
1 hour ago, Leon & Mylen said:

Of course there are going to be a handful of exceptions, both early and late, but the 8 months is the average, meaning the majority will be at or around that time frame.  This would be backed by those witnessed cases as well.  And if anyone is going to bank on actually being the exception, bank on the latter due to the recent slowdown that cut N-400 processing in half this quarter.  Yes, half.

I only say all this because I am reading posts in here about people already stressing out and checking their status every hour a mere 51 days into the process, let alone 7-8 months, and I'm suggesting a more relaxed perspective might be in order or it's really going to be a long spring and summer for them.

People can do what they want of course though.

Stop arguing guys... either you have too much patience that months/years don't matter to u or you are so excited that you cant wait to be U.S citizen, we aren't here to argue... its 4th month in process of us filing, and the purpose of this forum is get it out, either it is information, questions, answers or frustration...dont be mean to each other atleast plz...

having said that i have a question to people who didnt file based on family or employment based... did you guys include last 5 years tax returns with your file?

Edited by weakheart

1 hour ago, weakheart said:

Stop arguing guys... either you have too much patience that months/years don't matter to u or you are so excited that you cant wait to be U.S citizen, we aren't here to argue... its 4th month in process of us filing, and the purpose of this forum is get it out, either it is information, questions, answers or frustration...dont be mean to each other atleast plz...

having said that i have a question to people who didnt file based on family or employment based... did you guys include last 5 years tax returns with your file?

Huh?

Did I come across as arguing?  My apologies if so, as that certainly wasn't my intention.

barata-gif-3.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.