Jadon_Germany

N-400 January 2017 Filers

2,122 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, cocann said:

Hi pm5k,

You may already know this, but it may be worth repeating......  You will not get a letter (paper) notification of being put in-line.  The only way you will know that you are in-line is if you are set up for email or SMS (text) notifications, OR you visit the USCIS Case Status page and see the latest status there.  That said, you WILL see an online (or via email/SMS if you're set up for that) notification when they have scheduled your interview, and you will also get a paper notification that shows the date, time, and location of your interview.  Based on the average time to move from being placed in-line to having an interview scheduled, most people are in-line for a number of months.

So, as others have said -- don't worry.  Keep checking your status online, and eventually you'll have some advanced notice before your interview paper notification arrives.  It is an exercise in patience at this point for us all!

Wow ! some N400 Applicants here are very lucky considering they're already in line for interview. Me, oh well I havn't heard back anything for an interview schedule from email nor mail for an update after my Biometric last Feb.  Ohio processing in my case definitely sucks ! Soooo, slow...grrrrr

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, MyJourney said:

IRS took the tax payments from my bank today. Let us hope this will have a positive impact on interview scheduling. :D

They took my money order two weeks ago, no luck yet buhahahah

So the online notice saying my interview had been scheduled was on March 20th, but I still haven't received an appointment letter in the mail. Should I be worried?

Thanks. I did the online support thing but I'll probably get a quicker response by calling them. Just don't want to miss my interview date because the letter was lost.

Filed: Other Country: Turkey
Timeline
17 hours ago, weakheart said:

They took my money order two weeks ago, no luck yet buhahahah

I think my local office (Denver) is below average in terms of processing rates. So, maybe I will hear something within a month or two, if earlier, then great, but I just want to be realistic so that I don't get impatient and stressed out based on overly optimistic expectations. We will get there.

Relax, this is not a race.

Timeline

New Q1 (Oct-Dec) FY 2017 report is out on USCIS. It's getting slower.

Statistics for Q1:

National/DC:

• approved/received:  47%/    43%
  • pending/received:    266%/  297%
  • pending/approved:  569%/  684%

Statistics compared to Q4 (Jul-Sep) FY 2016:

National/DC: 

• received:     2% less/      0% (same # of cases as Q4)
  • pending:   22% more/   26% more
  • approved: 51% less/     62% less

Good news:

Cases are slowest Oct-March. Cases are fastest (more approvals): April-Sep

Edited by Blue101

Timeline
2 hours ago, Blue101 said:

Statistics for Q1:

National/DC:

National/DC: 

Good news:

As per data u shared only half 51% approved compared to last quarter.... grrrrrr...that resulted in more pending cases and i think more delay... hopefully NOT

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 hours ago, Blue101 said:

Statistics for Q1:

National/DC:

National/DC: 

Good news:

Well lets consider some things;

- There was a high demand from Oct-Dec because A, the fees were increasing on 23rd December and B, because of the election.

-There are a lot of federal holidays in Oct-Dec like Columbus day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year

Now that elections are over and fees have increased, the demand for immigration service has shrunk. Before the the days from Application filed to Oath were around 250 for DC and now are are around 200. If all keeps going well, than it should be around 180 days before the end of the year for DC. Of course, since Trump has taken over, nothing is for certain.

Timeline
13 hours ago, feroze895 said:

Well lets consider some things;

- There was a high demand from Oct-Dec because A, the fees were increasing on 23rd December and B, because of the election.

-There are a lot of federal holidays in Oct-Dec like Columbus day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year

Now that elections are over and fees have increased, the demand for immigration service has shrunk. Before the the days from Application filed to Oath were around 250 for DC and now are are around 200. If all keeps going well, than it should be around 180 days before the end of the year for DC. Of course, since Trump has taken over, nothing is for certain.

Reports show that for DC, those who completed fingerprints in November (regardless of early filling status), had interview dates in March.

I am cautiously optimistic DC Jan filers will have interviews starting mid May.

Trends show that application approval doubles April-Sep, likely because FY nears end. See heat-map.

stat.png

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Blue101 said:

Reports show that for DC, those who completed fingerprints in November (regardless of early filling status), had interview dates in March.

I am cautiously optimistic DC Jan filers will have interviews starting mid May.

Trends show that application approval doubles April-Sep, likely because FY nears end. See heat-map.

stat.png

This is good to hear that trend gets better in comming months...

before I applied, a friend of mine told me that his wife got it done in 3 months, so 3 months process in total was in my head...Had i not seen this forum and last month fillers, I would have gone crazy given my case is inline for long enough and interview not getting scheduled. Well, it isn't happening very quick and i have delayed my plans already and i havnt not gone crazy yet thanks to VJ's....i think it will be the end of this month when we all will start receiving the letters for our appointments.

.... fingers crossed ... we know we will get there, nothing will solve by panicking... so i have decided to have milk and sleep like a 🐷 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.