Jadon_Germany

N-400 January 2017 Filers

2,122 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, elisar said:

Hey, happy they cashed your check fast, I think n400  processing in dallas  lockbox  is faster than phoenix,  they got my package almost 10 days ago and no word from them yet

@elisarThank you! I was so anxious about it.Now I know that they got my packet but still way to go:)I Hope you hear from them soon and I know you will:)) could be this week (wink)

***** N-400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION *****

03/03/14: GC Date

01/26/17: N-400 Filing Date (Sent package via USPS)

01/30/17: N-400 package was delivered (3:49 A.M) signed by: K. THORNQUIST to Dallas,Tx (USCIS Lockbox)

01/31/17: Case was Received

01/31/17: Cashed

02/01/17: NOTICE DATE I-797C (NOA) letter was sent to me by USCIS via USPS 

02/02/17: Received text and email from USCIS (NOA)

02/04/17: NOTICE DATE for Fingerprints (Biometrics) appointment.

02/06/17: I-797C (NOA) received by regular mail (USPS)

02/07/17: Fingerprints (Biometrics) appointment letter was sent to me by USCIS via regular mail(USPS)

02/09/17: Fingerprints (Biometrics) appointment letter was delivered to me.

02/10/17: Fingerprints (Biometrics) (early walk-in)

02/21/17: FP Original Date of appointment

03/06/17: In Line for an interview (E-notification received)

On 1/30/2017 at 11:56 AM, astronugget said:

I'm in the same boat. Sent mine by FedEx, received 1/20 but no CC nor NOA yet. Others seem to have heard within days to a week, so I don't know if this is cause for me to be concerned. 

Are people filing themselves or through lawyers? Also, did most sent to offices vs lockboxes? I wonder if these variables make a difference. 

Thanks for the great response!  I sent mine via lockbox via USPS. Though when I call USCIS, they say it can take up to 30 days to hear back. I did not use a lawyer. I'm surprised that some hear back in 2 days and others in 30, but who knows. We're in the waiting. Good luck with yours!

Edited by Waiting234

I am the USC.

--------------

Permanent Resident since December 23, 2013

Filed N-400, February 8, 2017

Filed: Other Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello everyone, 

I sent my application in 01/11/2017 and received NOA in 01/17/2017. I have a question about the biometrics stage: 
Where do you learn about your biometrics appoint first? Only via mailed letter or via online status check? 
I see that biometrics are usually completed within a month or so after filing. I still have time to hear about it, but I am just wondering if I expect an online status update or keep checking my mailbox every day. 
Thank you. 

Relax, this is not a race.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Waiting234 said:

Thanks for the great response!  I sent mine via lockbox via USPS. Though when I call USCIS, they say it can take up to 30 days to hear back. I did not use a lawyer. I'm surprised that some hear back in 2 days and others in 30, but who knows. We're in the waiting. Good luck with yours!

I sent mine to Dallas via USPS. They received the package on the 26th, My Credit Card was charged on Monday 30th.... I am still waiting for the NOA .... ...  .... :clock:

1 hour ago, MyJourney said:

Hello everyone, 

I sent my application in 01/11/2017 and received NOA in 01/17/2017. I have a question about the biometrics stage: 
Where do you learn about your biometrics appoint first? Only via mailed letter or via online status check? 
I see that biometrics are usually completed within a month or so after filing. I still have time to hear about it, but I am just wondering if I expect an online status update or keep checking my mailbox every day. 
Thank you. 

You will see an online status change first. It seems to move faster for some than for others. Fingerprints are scheduled locally, so the speed is impacted by how busy your local office / support center is. My NOA is 1/17 as well, and only today I got the status update that FP have been scheduled.

Filed: Other Country: Turkey
Timeline
31 minutes ago, baobab said:

You will see an online status change first. It seems to move faster for some than for others. Fingerprints are scheduled locally, so the speed is impacted by how busy your local office / support center is. My NOA is 1/17 as well, and only today I got the status update that FP have been scheduled.

Thank you, my status was also updated when I checked after I posted here. So, the notice is in the mail...

Relax, this is not a race.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
4 hours ago, MyJourney said:

Thank you, my status was also updated when I checked after I posted here. So, the notice is in the mail...

Hi, i Just have a small question for you, how do you check your status please? Does the noa have any number that you use  to check status while you wait for the fingerprint  letter?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
8 hours ago, J Ann said:

@elisarThank you! I was so anxious about it.Now I know that they got my packet but still way to go:)I Hope you hear from them soon and I know you will:)) could be this week (wink)

Thank you, I hope so, good luck to us and to everybody here

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

I just want to share that I received the Finger print letter today 2/2/17.  Appointment will be on 2/15/17.  I have not been able to look up my case on the system, it always give me a incorrect message.  I sent the packet on 12/31/16 and did not received the letter until 1/23/17.  And now I received the letter today for a FP appointment on 2/15/17.  I don'r understand why it took so long, but at least I know the are working on it.  I hope the start going fast, I would like to have my interview for June :)  

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, Luis & Carol said:

I just want to share that I received the Finger print letter today 2/2/17.  Appointment will be on 2/15/17.  I have not been able to look up my case on the system, it always give me a incorrect message.  I sent the packet on 12/31/16 and did not received the letter until 1/23/17.  And now I received the letter today for a FP appointment on 2/15/17.  I don'r understand why it took so long, but at least I know the are working on it.  I hope the start going fast, I would like to have my interview for June :)  

Me too, I wished I had my interview in May or June. God bless us.

Edited by cybermax

I got a text message today 01/02/17- 3:25pm

USCIS: Your case was received.  Receipt # NBC ********* Official Receipt Notice  (Form I-797) to follow in mail. Msg & Data rates may apply. DO NOT REPLY

I have a question... Is this my NOA or ????? I DON'T GET IT:(

Edited by J Ann

01/30/17: N-400 package was delivered (3:49 A.M) signed by: K. THORNQUIST to Dallas,Tx (USCIS Lockbox)

02/07/17: Fingerprints (Biometrics) appointment letter was sent to me by USCIS via regular mail(USPS)

Timeline
14 hours ago, elisar said:

Hi, i Just have a small question for you, how do you check your status please? Does the noa have any number that you use  to check status while you wait for the fingerprint  letter?

Your "number" for entire N-400 process looks something like:  NBC*007500000. This number is your "case number" and will be printed on all written communications from USCIS (initial notice, fingerprint letter, interview letter, oath letter etc).

Go to https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do and type in your full case number (including NBC and special character *).

If you have iPhone/Android, download the app "Case Tracker" and add your case number; the app will instantly notify you when updates are made via https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do website

Edited by Blue101

1 minute ago, Blue101 said:

Your "number" for entire N-400 process looks something like:  NBC*007500000. The number will be printed on all written communications from USCIS.

Go to https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do and type in your full case number (including NBC and special character *).

If you have iPhone/Android, download the app "Case Tracker" and add your case number; the app will instantly notify you when updates are made via https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do website

@Blue101 Thank you for your help:)

Timeline
23 minutes ago, J Ann said:

I got a text message today 01/02/17- 3:25pm

USCIS: Your case was received. Your case was received. Receipt # NBC ********* Official Receipt Notice  ( Form I-797) to follow in mail. Msg & Data rates may apply. DO NOT REPLY

I have a question... Is this my NOA or ????? I DON'T GET IT:(

No. This is a text message that states your case has been received and is in the process.

NOA is a one page long, written piece of paper that is mailed to you. You will receive NOA, in your mail, via first class USPS, within 7-10 calendar days from the text message. 

Edited by Blue101

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.