Jadon_Germany

N-400 January 2017 Filers

2,122 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline
On 7/26/2017 at 1:27 PM, ruby_7 said:

Just for counting update.  Yesterday was the 6-month period from my PD of my citizenship application but still no interview letter or any online update from USCIS.  Still stuck on the FP online status since Feb.

There are at least three of us in that same boat - myself included...  Running at 187 days active at the moment..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

How do the NBC* case number determined? I was tracking couple numbers close to mine and seems everyone is getting interviews. Someone just got an interview schedule yesterday and is a number ahead of me. Does that means i am next to be scheduled? There are five to six cases in line for interview after me and which i am guessing are all from Minnesota. I am assuming this as all the Cases ahead of my numbers are scheduled within last two months. Any info is appreciated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Naplez1985 said:

How do the NBC* case number determined? I was tracking couple numbers close to mine and seems everyone is getting interviews. Someone just got an interview schedule yesterday and is a number ahead of me. Does that means i am next to be scheduled? There are five to six cases in line for interview after me and which i am guessing are all from Minnesota. I am assuming this as all the Cases ahead of my numbers are scheduled within last two months. Any info is appreciated.

Nbc case no. have almost nothing to do with if you are next, as nbc numbers are not alloted by field offices and different field offices have different speeds, and i mean a difference of months, so a guy with nbc no. after you may be in a faster field office and can have interview scheduled 2, 3 months before you or vice versa. 

However if you are inline and want to predict time,data of applicants with same field office will give you a better idea

Edited by weakheart

5 hours ago, weakheart said:

I asked this question long ago but since we must have some data as many went through the experience already, let me ask again.

i want to know after how many days of interview were you placed inline for oath,

not talking about the day you recieved the appointment letter of oath but online status of being inline, i wish there was column for that in our data sheet but nevertheless if i can know your experience please,for anyone it took long?, thanks

@weakheart I had my interview 7-20-2017 and I got a txt and email yesterday saying that I was placed in line for the oath ceremony. So 4 business days. I'm a NY February filer. Another NY February filer got theirs 3 days later I believe. Hope this helps. 

Timeline

Well, i took 4 passport photos with me to interview that she never asked , but i just received a letter from uscis asking for 2 photos, 😞🙄😞😞😞, i will send them tomorrow now

Timeline
31 minutes ago, weakheart said:

Well, i took 4 passport photos with me to interview that she never asked , but i just received a letter from uscis asking for 2 photos, 😞🙄😞😞😞, i will send them tomorrow now

To people who still need to be interviewed offer them your photos, I should have asked her about them, i asked her about my tax returns, correction of dates on n400 and she said i am not worried about them i am only worried about things i am asking, so I didn't ask about photos😀😞, i am sad now, dont want a further delay

3 minutes ago, weakheart said:

To people who still need to be interviewed offer them your photos, I should have asked her about them, i asked her about my tax returns, correction of dates on n400 and she said i am not worried about them i am only worried about things i am asking, so I didn't ask about photos😀😞, i am sad now, dont want a further delay

@weakheart if you aren't far from the field office that conducted the interview maybe you could go with that letter and your photos to hand deliver them to the officer. Just a thought. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Charro said:

@weakheart if you aren't far from the field office that conducted the interview maybe you could go with that letter and your photos to hand deliver them to the officer. Just a thought. 

I am thinking the same, it is only 10 minutes away, however it says to mail , it has adress of local field office and officer name who conducted interview is written on paper that they want me to attach with photos, mail will be there in a day or 2 max, at the end ,I think I should mail , as they may have some  method to secure documents that as they suggest , i just don't want them to lose docs if i walk in

Edited by weakheart

5 minutes ago, weakheart said:

I am thinking the same, it is only 10 minutes away, however it says to mail , it has adress of local field office and officer name who conducted interview is written on paper that they want me to attach with photos, mail will be there in a day or 2 max, at the end ,I think I should mail , as they may have some  method to secure documents that as they suggest , i just don't want them to lose docs if i walk in

Makes sense. 👍🏽

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, weakheart said:

They probably mailed your file to the service center. It may be useless going to your field office. But if only 10 minutes, give it a shot.

Timeline
9 hours ago, weakheart said:

I asked this question long ago but since we must have some data as many went through the experience already, let me ask again.

i want to know after how many days of interview were you placed inline for oath,

not talking about the day you recieved the appointment letter of oath but online status of being inline, i wish there was column for that in our data sheet but nevertheless if i can know your experience please,for anyone it took long?, thanks

I was placed in line 14 days after my interview. My other family members, after 30 days. But here's the thing. Oklahoma has a small field office when compared to NY, CA and DC. Here Oath are conducted multiple times a month. However in OK it may be only 1 or 2 times. The good thing is that once your are put in line for oath, your filed is conditionally approved. Here is what was said during my oath,

"Mr Harrison, I present you 475 candidates. Each candidate has been tested by an USCIS officer and have passed English, Civic and Writing test, unless exempted by law. Mr Harrison, i request that the oath be administered" 

After this oath was said and we became a citizen. 

USCIS has 120 days to make a decision. So yeah maximum of 120 days. 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, feroze895 said:

I was placed in line 14 days after my interview. My other family members, after 30 days. But here's the thing. Oklahoma has a small field office when compared to NY, CA and DC. Here Oath are conducted multiple times a month. However in OK it may be only 1 or 2 times. The good thing is that once your are put in line for oath, your filed is conditionally approved. Here is what was said during my oath,

"Mr Harrison, I present you 475 candidates. Each candidate has been tested by an USCIS officer and have passed English, Civic and Writing test, unless exempted by law. Mr Harrison, i request that the oath be administered" 

After this oath was said and we became a citizen. 

USCIS has 120 days to make a decision. So yeah maximum of 120 days. 

Do u get citizenship certificate the same day oath is taken? Or it is 1 million days wait again to receive that letter 🤔

Timeline
58 minutes ago, weakheart said:

Do u get citizenship certificate the same day oath is taken? Or it is 1 million days wait again to receive that letter 🤔

Same day, on the oath location

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.