dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2017

1,509 posts in this topic

Just now, Duncan21 said:

All good questions.  I always thought the actual review to ensure everything is there is not the bottleneck...it's getting to your file that takes a while because there are so many.

Ya I'm sure that is the case. I just still wonder how long the review actually takes. I'm sure for some situations (where there are translations and such) it may actually take some time. It also all depends on how much they independently confirm what isn't in front of them. I mean you could easily fake a W-2 once you have a copy of one (just alter a number). So do they actually double check those documents? 

I asked multiple times because I was (am still) incredibly afraid that after waiting 10 weeks for 1 page to be looked at, they will contact us and say "actually, we are missing this other thing that we didn't notice the first time". So I have on record from 2 supervisors that our file was completed other than the single item on the checklist.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Friends,  I really think nobody spends much time on reviewing every single document. Just imagine they have thousands of cases AND most of them have foreign language documents. For example my birth certificate is in Russian. Do they have qualified personnel to review every language on this planet? *) I'm sure, at most they just compare documents with some samples for each country checking do papers look like they should like. It's like you see some car you've never known but you can tell "Ok, that other car looks similar or not similar at all". The real document review/checking goes inside the consulate. And, you know, it's much much cheaper and simplier to review documents locally at each consulate than have all-language experts in New Hampshire.

May be they check U.S. documents like Affidavit of Support related. That's really possible.

From the other side when you ask NVC by e-mail it gets about 1,5 weeks to respond (asked them several times on different issues) so if they reply a single e-mail 1,5 weeks they are just overloaded. And, unfortunately, their business process is bad. Just imagine they implement informative status check online with up to date info, send CC e-mails same day an publish real schedules! If they do all mentioned very simple steps 90% of us will stop calling every single day and they could transfer most of their call center to case review. Then they may stop loosing papers and it will also give them relief as they won't be reviewing more packages. They are just not effective and I'm sure it takes very little time to review each single case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
36 minutes ago, AlexUA said:

Friends,  I really think nobody spends much time on reviewing every single document. Just imagine they have thousands of cases AND most of them have foreign language documents. For example my birth certificate is in Russian. Do they have qualified personnel to review every language on this planet? *) I'm sure, at most they just compare documents with some samples for each country checking do papers look like they should like. It's like you see some car you've never known but you can tell "Ok, that other car looks similar or not similar at all". The real document review/checking goes inside the consulate. And, you know, it's much much cheaper and simplier to review documents locally at each consulate than have all-language experts in New Hampshire.

May be they check U.S. documents like Affidavit of Support related. That's really possible.

From the other side when you ask NVC by e-mail it gets about 1,5 weeks to respond (asked them several times on different issues) so if they reply a single e-mail 1,5 weeks they are just overloaded. And, unfortunately, their business process is bad. Just imagine they implement informative status check online with up to date info, send CC e-mails same day an publish real schedules! If they do all mentioned very simple steps 90% of us will stop calling every single day and they could transfer most of their call center to case review. Then they may stop loosing papers and it will also give them relief as they won't be reviewing more packages. They are just not effective and I'm sure it takes very little time to review each single case.

They do request most documents with english translations if they're not in the original language of the country you're coming from... 

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Supporting_documents.html

"All documents not written in English, or in the official language of the country in which you are applying for a visa, must be accompanied by certified translations. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator stating that the: "

The stuff that's in the original language you're coming from they probably have the consulate in each country help with...  Since the bulk of the information is on DS260 and 864, youre likely only submitting very few small documents that are gonna be in a non-english language... 

And while you're right, they have thousands and thousands of cases, they also have the federal government for which we're paying tons of taxes... They should hire the required amount of people, and moreso, they need to hire the kinds of people that can reduce the bureaucracy and make the process more efficient...  Hope the incoming cabinet does just that, because this is nuts.  Personally I've been waiting since jan 18th 2016... 

Checked today and still case doesn't say in transit so hoping for today or tomorrow. ! Congrats everyone who got their ccs this weeks 

I think I remember somewhere in this thread that people were curious about their third "N/A" switching back to "Paid" and some had mentioned that they believed it was when the interview was scheduled...

Well, my case has been listed as "In Transit" to the consulate for two days, and I happened to notice today that I went back to Paid, but I have no interview scheduled at this time. Just wanted to throw this out there in case someone was curious.

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, afortunada said:

I think I remember somewhere in this thread that people were curious about their third "N/A" switching back to "Paid" and some had mentioned that they believed it was when the interview was scheduled...

Well, my case has been listed as "In Transit" to the consulate for two days, and I happened to notice today that I went back to Paid, but I have no interview scheduled at this time. Just wanted to throw this out there in case someone was curious.

The Rep said last week to me that they schedule your case and they send to the embassy. hmmm 

Just now, parthptl said:

The Rep said last week to me that they schedule your case and they send to the embassy. hmmm 

Someone pointed out earlier that I think I have to schedule my own interview since I have an expedite approved through my consulate, so maybe mine was sent right away after case complete - similar to K-1 visa applications whose are forwarded immediately? Not entirely sure though. So maybe when you get an interview scheduled it will still say N/A but will switch back to Paid once it's sent...?

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, afortunada said:

Someone pointed out earlier that I think I have to schedule my own interview since I have an expedite approved through my consulate, so maybe mine was sent right away after case complete - similar to K-1 visa applications whose are forwarded immediately? Not entirely sure though. So maybe when you get an interview scheduled it will still say N/A but will switch back to Paid once it's sent...?

I don't know how this system works. to be honest.. the reps are confused themselves.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
2 hours ago, afortunada said:

Did you try calling NVC and/or the consulate?  Yes, some folks said when they were scheduled for an interview, the 3rd N/A went back to PAID.  However, I do not think those were expedited cases.  

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

So its not really funny, in fact its sad, but Senator's offices get the same runaround we do.  Here is the reply my Senator's staff got when they inquired about my case (personal information obviously removed).  At least the scan date is correct :-) 

==========

This is in regards to the inquiry that we filed on your behalf with the National Visa Center (NVC).  They provided us with the following response: 

The NVC received mail for this case on November 28, 2016. Due to the high volume of mail received at the National Visa Center (NVC), we ask you allow up to six weeks from the date the most recent mail was received for the review of the documentation to be completed.  The mail has been sent to the appropriate department for review. We expect the review will be completed shortly. We are diligently working to reduce our review time and appreciate your patience. We will notify all parties on this case if anything is missing or if there is any other required action after our review.

We trust that the information will be useful to you. We can submit a follow up inquiry in six weeks if the case is still pending. Please email me at casework@schatz.senate.gov or call (808)523-2061 and let me know if I need to follow up with NVC again.

====================

I replied saying thank you and ask that since it was well over 6 weeks - could they get more information on the status.  Guess I'm back to calling myself.  WTH....

TKYHNL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My brother has interview on 7th Feb, what are the chances for approval,  his wife applied for immigrant visa. he got the interview date at the end of the December. We are so worried regarding the current the scenario. I hope it won't affect 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 hours ago, afortunada said:

@afortunada what does is mean to have an expedite approval?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Scan date November 15th, supervisor review January 9th. Still not CC/3- n/A's. It's so frustrating. Spoke to supervisor and have called Nvc severally. Now I just can't comprehend what is actually going on. Case has really been delayed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.