dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2017

1,509 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
26 minutes ago, AMINE1980 said:

I see that your country is morocco , I have a friend of mine his case was completed December 10 still no interview yet , he is not a us citizen just a green card holder so I don't know if that makes any difference. 

Im a us citizen and i think us status makes difference in that case, but still nothing yet ..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
21 minutes ago, kazero17 said:

Im a us citizen and i think us status makes difference in that case, but still nothing yet ..

I hope you hear something soon , please keep us updated as I'm waiting for cc hopefully in couple weeks. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Freedom4evr said:

I wonder if the appointment scheduling is automatic or someone in NVC manually schedule each interview.

They request concerned embassy to provide them interview date. Once received same is communicated to u and documents are mailed to embassy.

Was just reading on britishexpats site a detailed description of somebody's IR-1 interview at the london embassy, it was from 2015 but in it she explains that at one point she was called to pay the relevent fee, does anybody know what this fee is for and how much it will be?

Thanks in advance!

:)

1 hour ago, aidensbubba said:

Was just reading on britishexpats site a detailed description of somebody's IR-1 interview at the london embassy, it was from 2015 but in it she explains that at one point she was called to pay the relevent fee, does anybody know what this fee is for and how much it will be?

Thanks in advance!

:)

USCIS Immigrant Fee. $220

"The USCIS Immigrant Fee of $220 recovers USCIS costs related to immigrant visas issued by the U.S. Department of State at U.S. Embassies and Consulates abroad.The fee covers the cost of USCIS processing, filing and maintaining immigrant visa packets, plus the cost of producing Permanent Resident Cards."

Edited by Freedom4evr

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 hours ago, Mattian said:

Checking in ....after a LONG wait we finally have a case complete!! It's been mentally and emotionally exhausting ......

Scan date - 15 Nov 16

Supervisor's review - 28 Dec 16

Case complete - 28 Jan 17

Now we hope for a interview date soon!

Congrats..hmm they are really working on weekends too..

31 minutes ago, Freedom4evr said:

USCIS Immigrant Fee. $220

"The USCIS Immigrant Fee of $220 recovers USCIS costs related to immigrant visas issued by the U.S. Department of State at U.S. Embassies and Consulates abroad.The fee covers the cost of USCIS processing, filing and maintaining immigrant visa packets, plus the cost of producing Permanent Resident Cards."

Oh OK I know that fee I just didn't think it had to be paid at the interview, I thought it could either be paid before I enter the USA or after I get there .

Many thanks! 

Hello everyone. It's been a while.

An update. Me and my hubby entered the US on Jan 19 from IAD and the experience of that one was just....don't ask.

Anyways we are here and well I have a question regarding green card, can someone help? I applied before entering and I tried to find the case status online via the uscis website but I get a user defined error, what does that mean? How long it took for most people to get their green card? Does anyone know?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
50 minutes ago, rooji said:

An update. Me and my hubby entered the US on Jan 19 from IAD and the experience of that one was just....don't ask.

Anyways we are here and well I have a question regarding green card, can someone help? I applied before entering and I tried to find the case status online via the uscis website but I get a user defined error, what does that mean? How long it took for most people to get their green card? Does anyone know?

I believe most people on this thread is waiting for their case to be complete, or waiting for an interview date.  From the timelines I've seen it looks like 4-6 weeks, you can look under timelines for your country to see when most people receive their green card and social security card.

I am curious though - what was your experience at IAD?  I think that was supposed to go smooth if you already have an immigrant visa with the sealed packet....

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, rooji said:

What was the experience like? We will also be using the same airport. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Speaking of IAD (Washington Dulles), I am told by reliable sources that yesterday people were being deported. May of who's nationalities (visitors/green card) were not on the Trump EO.  Hopefully, some sanity prevails and this mess does not affect our process... Let's pray some sanity prevails.   

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, H&L said:

Speaking of IAD (Washington Dulles), I am told by reliable sources that yesterday people were being deported. May of who's nationalities (visitors/green card) were not on the Trump EO.  Hopefully, some sanity prevails and this mess does not affect our process... Let's pray some sanity prevails.   

Thats sad and deplorable.    this EO should not apply to those that have been previously vetted and received visas or green cards.   Originally I thought the intended audience was only the refugees from certain countries.  These should be halted until some serious vetting can be done.  , look at the vetting process that we are going though  - there should not be another door that people can get through more quickly than a US citizen bringing their family into America.  I'm going to jump into the forum created for this purpose.....

2 hours ago, Duncan21 said:

I believe most people on this thread is waiting for their case to be complete, or waiting for an interview date.  From the timelines I've seen it looks like 4-6 weeks, you can look under timelines for your country to see when most people receive their green card and social security card.

I am curious though - what was your experience at IAD?  I think that was supposed to go smooth if you already have an immigrant visa with the sealed packet....

I am not sure if there is such a timeline for each country for green card. I ask this because I have seen people sharing their insight of when their green card was received and when they applied for jobs and such. I am hoping someone here can give me an insight but in the mean time I will do a research on this site. 

as for social, I will say what most have said before me, apply in person do not wait 10 days to receive your card automatically based on the option you selected when applying for immigrant application. 

As for the airport experience, we had a bit of longer wait than usual only because of the immigration officer who did our process at the airport was new. It was all due to the custom form that I filled out for my hubby. Every time I travel through IAD, i always fill out custom form and I was never stopped for customs even when I declared my jewelry in the past, however this time they stopped me and my hubby only because the immigration officer was new and wrote us down for my personal jewelry, which he is not suppose to i believe if it is personal. Other than that the process was smooth. We had extra hour because of the customs and all of our stuff went through scanner after I gave an explanation to 2 custom officers. anyways my advice, do not declare anything if you want to avoid customs, especially food. do not bring anything that you know will cause you problem. Also be clear and concise when dealing with them and do not panic. 

on a side note: IAD usually never has custom but this time they did. I think it is becoming a thing now or something. 

2 hours ago, H&L said:

What was the experience like? We will also be using the same airport. 

read above. 

3 minutes ago, TokyoHNL said:

Thats sad and deplorable.    this EO should not apply to those that have been previously vetted and received visas or green cards.   Originally I thought the intended audience was only the refugees from certain countries.  These should be halted until some serious vetting can be done.  , look at the vetting process that we are going though  - there should not be another door that people can get through more quickly than a US citizen bringing their family into America.  I'm going to jump into the forum created for this purpose.....

So to clear things up: if you are a Muslim and especially from those 7 countries then yes you may be held at the airport(s) across the country due to the travel ban. It is discriminatory against muslims more than anyone else. Although they made announcement that green card holders are not affected anymore except for vetting, still you cannot say anything.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.