dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2017

1,509 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Li&Kyle said:

I was crying down the phone at them today. I couldn't contain it when she told me that they had no evidence of me having submitted my DS-260 in early October, that it was only submitted on December 8th. Then how is it possible I got a checklist before the 8th!?! She was giving me the spiel about not being able to put me in supervisor review until 6 weeks is up! :o I couldn't believe what she was saying, I've been told I'm on supervisor review already! I even spoke to a supervisor last week! :cry:

My heart goes out to you... I just called and got the same response that I get everyday...On yesterday they told me that they were overwhelmed with mail and they are working overtime until 12am to get cases processed....so today I even asked for a supervisor and didn't get through.... 9 Weeks and counting....crazy right..smh

27 minutes ago, Li&Kyle said:

I was crying down the phone at them today. I couldn't contain it when she told me that they had no evidence of me having submitted my DS-260 in early October, that it was only submitted on December 8th. Then how is it possible I got a checklist before the 8th!?! She was giving me the spiel about not being able to put me in supervisor review until 6 weeks is up! :o I couldn't believe what she was saying, I've been told I'm on supervisor review already! I even spoke to a supervisor last week! :cry:

I would call again and speak to a supervisor to clarify what information is true... Perhaps the person you spoke doesn't really know what is going on with your case and is saying anything just to get you off the phone. It seems like that's been happening a lot lately with other members.

24 minutes ago, chel0524 said:

Oh no!  Did you ask about speaking with a supervisor?  I would insist on speaking with one.  Did you print out the confirmation page for the ds260?  You might even want to consider getting the state senator involved at this point. 

NVC has become grossly negligent of late.

6 minutes ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

I would call again and speak to a supervisor to clarify what information is true... Perhaps the person you spoke doesn't really know what is going on with your case and is saying anything just to get you off the phone. It seems like that's been happening a lot lately with other members.

She would not back down when I explained the situation to her and the whole conversation was like she was right and I was wrong. If she was trying to get me off the phone she was going the wrong way about it because I think that was the longest I've ever spoken to them for. She said I would have to send in evidence of the submission date. My lawyer submitted the DS-260 though, I have no proof. I've emailed my lawyer about it. I have no idea how I go about getting the state senator involved... I guess that's something my husband would have to do, right?

Since last week I have been opening with "I would like to speak to a supervisor." There weren't any supervisors available when I spoke to this particular woman. I eventually put the phone down and immediately called back. Again, no supervisors available. I just called a third time and she's set up a call back request, but I'm in the UK so it'll be to my husband.

Thank you for the love, guys. I need it right now.

12 minutes ago, Li&Kyle said:

She would not back down when I explained the situation to her and the whole conversation was like she was right and I was wrong. If she was trying to get me off the phone she was going the wrong way about it because I think that was the longest I've ever spoken to them for. She said I would have to send in evidence of the submission date. My lawyer submitted the DS-260 though, I have no proof. I've emailed my lawyer about it. I have no idea how I go about getting the state senator involved... I guess that's something my husband would have to do, right?

Since last week I have been opening with "I would like to speak to a supervisor." There weren't any supervisors available when I spoke to this particular woman. I eventually put the phone down and immediately called back. Again, no supervisors available. I just called a third time and she's set up a call back request, but I'm in the UK so it'll be to my husband.

As far as the senator is involved, you will need to have your husband go to their website and look up info about opening a case. Usually you need to submit a Privacy Release Form first (available on their website) before they will release any information to you. Have him fill this out, fax it to them, and then immediately PHONE CALL the office to verify that they've received your fax. Then he should ask to speak with a case worker about an immigration matter, and explain the situation. They will ask him to send in documentation about your process, and then they will contact NVC/possibly the consulate along with all of your documentation and state something to the effect of, "our constituent is experiencing a very unpleasant delay, please respond back to us within xxx days (usually less than a week) and tell us what you plan to do about it. Here is evidence proving why you need to adjudicate the case now." They will then immediately pull your file and look at the evidence and respond to the senator's office. Sometimes this works, sometimes this doesn't, but it is extraordinarily more effective than calling on your own, ESPECIALLY when you have proof to show that they have really messed up. I'm so sorry for all the trouble you're going through!!

Edited by afortunada

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

13 minutes ago, Li&Kyle said:

P.S. As far as not having the information from your lawyer... They should be sending you copies of everything they submit. If not, you have the right to ALL the information in your file and they NEED to send it if requested. Did I remember you having trouble with your lawyer before?

NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 hours ago, Shouvic said:

she said to me same thing next week to call her i hope  i will have good news as well

Yup bro i wish Gud luck for everyone because they are slow like hell. And that wait is too much painful ? 

still hope for Gud fingers crossed 

I know I have to call nvc tomorrow, but i am terrified of doing so because i'm not sure i wanna hear what excuse/bs they have to tell me!!

I'd rather go to the dentist and have a tooth pulled!!

:(

Edited by aidensbubba

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Li&Kyle said:

They almost did same with us by sayinh that they have received my second package on Dec 19th. And I said I never sent any package after my 1st package.

N they said well your 6 wks starts from Dec 19 now and we cant tell you anything about your second package more then this. So thats it

They do all this intentionally. They do no approve cases before 3-4 months are gone....

1 hour ago, afortunada said:

P.S. As far as not having the information from your lawyer... They should be sending you copies of everything they submit. If not, you have the right to ALL the information in your file and they NEED to send it if requested. Did I remember you having trouble with your lawyer before?

Yeah, you remembered right. I can't help but wonder what the hell I'm paying him for when I'm the one chasing NVC up every week and now possibly getting a senator involved... <_< I know he'll just quiz me loads when I ask him for the documentation I need and then accuse me of not trusting him and tell me off for trying to do stuff on my own. I've emailed him telling him frankly how displeased I've been and I'm dreading his inevitably rude response.

Thanks for the senator information. I'll talk to my husband about it.

15 minutes ago, aidensbubba said:

I know I have to call nvc tomorrow, but i am terrified of doing so because i'm not sure i wanna hear what excuse/bs they have to tell me!!

I'd rather go to the dentist and have a tooth pulled!!

:(

Haha! Too right! It's so emotionally exhausting. When I get off the phone it takes me ages to put the whole visa thing to the back of my mind again.

7 minutes ago, Nauman sh said:

They almost did same with us by sayinh that they have received my second package on Dec 19th. And I said I never sent any package after my 1st package.

N they said well your 6 wks starts from Dec 19 now and we cant tell you anything about your second package more then this. So thats it

They do all this intentionally. They do no approve cases before 3-4 months are gone....

I just don't get it. Surely they're wasting their own time and energy having to argue with us when they do things like that? Argh! It makes me so angry!

4 minutes ago, Li&Kyle said:

Yeah, you remembered right. I can't help but wonder what the hell I'm paying him for when I'm the one chasing NVC up every week and now possibly getting a senator involved... <_< I know he'll just quiz me loads when I ask him for the documentation I need and then accuse me of not trusting him and tell me off for trying to do stuff on my own. I've emailed him telling him frankly how displeased I've been and I'm dreading his inevitably rude response.

Thanks for the senator information. I'll talk to my husband about it.

Did you pay an up front, flat fee? Or are you paying hourly for document review? If you paid an up front flat fee, he should be THRILLED that you are doing the work... 

1 minute ago, afortunada said:

Did you pay an up front, flat fee? Or are you paying hourly for document review? If you paid an up front flat fee, he should be THRILLED that you are doing the work... 

We paid a flat fee in instalments.

2 minutes ago, Li&Kyle said:

We paid a flat fee in instalments.

Then what the #### is he complaining about? Again, every bit of work you do means he gets money for not having to do it, so.... #######? 

My lawyer actually encouraged me to reach out the senator's office on my own and to work with them on my paperwork, which is exactly what I did, and it worked out quite well. Just make sure that your husband's senator knows who your lawyer is so they can contact them if need be. I am sending you lots of virtual hugs!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.