dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2017

1,509 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
40 minutes ago, AlexUA said:

Sorry, anybody just anybody with last dates of November or December Scan Dates ever got CC here? :o

I fear we will never get March interview dates...

Nov 25 scan date here and that would be nope, no CC yet...  I know what you're going through... I started this process on Jan 18th 2016... 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

Perhaps when your wife calls, she can tell the rep that it's been 18+ weeks, and that she would like to speak with a supervisor and wouldn't mind remaining on hold until one comes available. The best times to call are 7:00 am - 9:00 am EST and 10:00 pm - 11:45 pm EST. This is just my own personal advice. 

Amen to your prayer. 

Hi Ahmed, and Amy, Just to update you with our new. A while ago my wife called the NVC and requested to talk to a supervisor, well the lady told her that there is no supervisor is available now and you need to call later, and also she told her that; your case has left from the supervisor and it is now in the document review, supervisors cannot do anything to you, she told her that you suppose to wait for 6weeks since the case got to the review department, and later you suppose to hear from them. 

Well I wonder why the case has to stay almost 4months at the supervisor  review, and now atlas 6weeks in the document review! is it because our home regions? or that happens with some cases? I don't know! 

God help us all 

Hello all!

Sorry to hear many are still here waiting for their CC after so many weeks.

I got a checklist Jan 10th (original scan date Nov 9th), was able to get the missing document to them again on the 24th so I'm back in the waiting game! (joy....)

Hoping for a case complete mid-March at this point with an April interview.

FYI - Trump ordered a hiring freeze for all federal agencies which I BELIEVE (but don't know) includes the NVC, so looks like there will be no new assistants at NVC helping us any time soon....

Andy

Married: April 20th, 2016

I-130 Petition Sent: April 24th, 2016

NOA1 Received: May 17th, 2016

NOA2 Received: Sept 12th, 2016

----------

NVC Received: October 11th, 2016

NVC Case Number Assigned: October 19th, 2016

IV and AOS Fees Paid: October 28th, 2016

DS-260 Submitted: November 4th, 2016

Scan Date: November 9th, 2016

Supervisor Review: December 21st, 2016

Medical Exam Complete: January 9th, 2017

Checklist Received: January 10th, 2017

New Scan Date: January 24th, 2017

Contacted Congressman Aid: February 24th, 2017

Expedite Approved; Case sent to Auckland Consulate: March 27th, 2017

Interview Scheduled: 4/3/17 

----------

Interview Date: 4/18/17

Visa in Hand:

Date of US Entry:

3 minutes ago, Andy & Mike said:

Hello all!

Sorry to hear many are still here waiting for their CC after so many weeks.

I got a checklist Jan 10th (original scan date Nov 9th), was able to get the missing document to them again on the 24th so I'm back in the waiting game! (joy....)

Hoping for a case complete mid-March at this point with an April interview.

FYI - Trump ordered a hiring freeze for all federal agencies which I BELIEVE (but don't know) includes the NVC, so looks like there will be no new assistants at NVC helping us any time soon....

Andy

I think it's best to be realistic. Count maybe 8 weeks from the 24th for case complete.

That brings you to March 24. You'll probably get a date assigned in the begining of April since that is usually when interviews are scheduled. Most likely then the actual interview will be early May.

I'd think that way and then be surprised if it's sooner. 

I think the NVC is outsourced so they aren't technically federal employees, but it may still apply. Not sure.

2 minutes ago, bubu1981 said:

Today i completed 11 weeks .Supervisor rewiew Dec 22

I saw 3 N/A    Yesss.....Yes......:jest::P:whistle:

Congratulations!!!!!! :dancing:

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

God Willing, your case is fine. And most likely will not be affected by the ban. The ban has not been enacted and thus you should be fine. Hopefully you will get a CC soon. Have you had the chance to speak to a supervisor in regards to your case? I wish you the best of luck.

Call, call, call, everyday and request to speak with a supervisor each time, until you get a rep who is willing to connect you to one. If not keep reqiesting for a supervisor call back and keep calling. 18 weeks is TOO long. Wish you all the best, prayerfully.

1 hour ago, Essamo said:

Hi Ahmed, and Amy, Just to update you with our new. A while ago my wife called the NVC and requested to talk to a supervisor, well the lady told her that there is no supervisor is available now and you need to call later, and also she told her that; your case has left from the supervisor and it is now in the document review, supervisors cannot do anything to you, she told her that you suppose to wait for 6weeks since the case got to the review department, and later you suppose to hear from them. 

Well I wonder why the case has to stay almost 4months at the supervisor  review, and now atlas 6weeks in the document review! is it because our home regions? or that happens with some cases? I don't know! 

God help us all 

I'm sorry that she was not able to get a hold of a supervisor. I'm not sure why it's taking so long. Hang in there, maybe you'll get CC any moment/day now.

It always doesn't hurt to keep asking for a supervisor anyways.. regardless of what that rep said. I know it may feel like you don't want to bother them, but sometimes the reps don't really know what they are saying, and are saying anything just to get you off the phone, so it might just be best to hang up and then call again. For me, I'd personally keep calling back until I got a hold of a supervisor. There was a case recently where another VJ'er said they would not hang up the phone until he/she spoke to a supervisor; and end then end he/she got to speak with one. So keep trying and keep your head up. You're almost there. :)  

3 minutes ago, TeeA10 said:

Call, call, call, everyday and request to speak with a supervisor each time, until you get a rep who is willing to connect you to one. If not keep reqiesting for a supervisor call back and keep calling. 18 weeks is TOO long. Wish you all the best, prayerfully.

@Essamo 

Timeline
1 hour ago, AlexUA said:

Sorry, anybody just anybody with last dates of November or December Scan Dates ever got CC here? :o

I fear we will never get March interview dates...

a few late Nov has CCs and a couple of Decembers, one ealy dec and starngely someone with a Dec 19th scan date, so really, anything is possible i believe!

Timeline
31 minutes ago, bubu1981 said:

Today i completed 11 weeks .Supervisor rewiew Dec 22

I saw 3 N/A    Yesss.....Yes......:jest::P:whistle:

Congratulations! And the CCs are rolling in. Mine wont be too long now!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.