dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2017

1,509 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

@bking am bit worried cos my wife is the petitioner and she did not sent her own birth certificate along with what she sent to NVC,she only sent mine own birth cert.pls kindly list what you sent along with your AOS and Ds 260.thanks

3 minutes ago, Saheed said:

@bking am bit worried cos my wife is the petitioner and she did not sent her own birth certificate along with what she sent to NVC,she only sent mine own birth cert.pls kindly list what you sent along with your AOS and Ds 260.thanks

Sorry to be clear:

I am the petitioner. I sent a copy of my passport. It said to send some form of ID so that was easiest. I had sent a copy of my birth certificate to USCIS if I remember correctly. It's been so long (our original scan date was sometime in early September).

My wife is the beneficiary. We sent a birth certificate but then had to send a second.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Saheed said:

U should be good, 

petetioner: tax transcript, pay stab, us status proof , 864 form ..

beneficiary: birth certificate,  court and police report , copy of papsport dara page ,  and of course mariage certificate for both of you guys.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

i am the petitioner. I submitted my own birth certificate, my wife's birth certificate, copies of my passport and airline tickets, copies of my wife's passport, copy of my naturalization certificate, original  Affidavit of support form, signed and dated, pictures, money transfer, marriage certificate. I used the checklist and submitted everything. But they emailed me that my wife's birth certificate is missing and I submitted it but in August, they then emailed me again, about her birth certificate and I submitted it in November, and the scan date was November 15th. 

Just now, Fegyamfi85 said:

i am the petitioner. I submitted my own birth certificate, my wife's birth certificate, copies of my passport and airline tickets, copies of my wife's passport, copy of my naturalization certificate, original  Affidavit of support form, signed and dated, pictures, money transfer, marriage certificate. I used the checklist and submitted everything. But they emailed me that my wife's birth certificate is missing and I submitted it but in August, they then emailed me again, about her birth certificate and I submitted it in November, and the scan date was November 15th. 

That sounds frustrating.

While I can't blame them in my case to keep us in line, whenever a document is LOST by them they should skip the line.

Perhaps people should start cateloging and keeping a record of everything sent (maybe even take photographs). Then when they say "oh it's not here" you can say here is photographic proof.

i just received the check list stating missing info on the I864, sent it out today....so basically i have to wait for them to review this again i have been waiting for my documents to be reviewed since 11/15/16...i was in supervisor review since 12/28/16...and now 01/25/17...i sent my missing info on the i864....anyone familiar with this situation? 

14 hours ago, revdwyles81 said:

Second Scan Date November 21

Supervisor Review January 6

3 N/A January 26

Trying to call the NVC to confirm but the are so busy I just get " Due to high call volume...then they hang up. 

Congratulations on your CC. :)

14 minutes ago, CSG said:

i just received the check list stating missing info on the I864, sent it out today....so basically i have to wait for them to review this again i have been waiting for my documents to be reviewed since 11/15/16...i was in supervisor review since 12/28/16...and now 01/25/17...i sent my missing info on the i864....anyone familiar with this situation? 

You'll get a new scan date when they receive the new information. Then you start over from there. Another 6+ weeks.

Can someone explain to me what is done with a Supervisor review and why it would go back to the review department if the Supervisor already reviewed it?  Mines is in Supervisor review right now but I have seen it happen to some individuals here.

Original Scan Date: Oct 3, 2016

Checklist: Nov 25, 2016

2nd Scan date: Dec 19, 2016

Supervisor Review : Jan 24, 2017

CC (phone call): Jan 27, 2017

CC e-mail : Feb 3, 2017

Interview: March 13, 2017 @ 10:30 AM

Interview E-mail: February 6, 2017

Visa Packet Received: March 17, 2017

Entry to US: March 21, 2017

1 minute ago, Favlies said:

Can someone explain to me what is done with a Supervisor review and why it would go back to the review department if the Supervisor already reviewed it?  Mines is in Supervisor review right now but I have seen it happen to some individuals here.

It isnt 100% transparent but from my questions on the phone it seems that "supervisor review" is really just "supervisor notification". They tell the supervisor of the specific department that the documents are waiting longer than 6 weeks. I don't believe the supervisor reviews every single case that goes longer, because right now that is practically everyone.

So even after supervisor review you still need to wait for your case to be sent to the right department. If the supervisor gets notified, but his department is still filled with older cases, nothing really changes. They just keep working through the queue.

The only time the queue completely starts over is when you get a checklist. Unless you can bring the documents to the embassy, anything you sent extra "resets" your scan date, starting at the beginning again.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Im going crazy waiting for this process to be over. My scan date is 11/22, my case was put on supervisor review on the 3rd of January.  I spoke to a supervisor who put my case in the review department on the 20th of January.  According to rep i spoke with on the 23rd my case is currently being actively reviewed. Anyone know how long it will take to complete the review?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Duncan21 said:

It certainly doesn't look like it goes in any sort of logical order except maybe by month.  The other factor is by country...some countries (Canada, UK, Philippines for example) are processed faster. 

Japan certainly isn't processed faster.. .given the strategic importance that Japan has for the US in Asia, you'd think they would be.... oh well..... I feel like I'm banging my head against the wall with this.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 24. Januar 2017 at 6:03 PM, candg2016 said:

I wanted to share good news!

Scan date December 13th and 15th due to two separate packages (birth certificate and then the translations two days later)

Our 6 weeks is up on the 26th, (for the 13th, today 1/24) and I decided to call just for haha's, and the sweet lady on the phone pulled my file and sent it to supervisor review two days early!! She said the supervisor is very good and should have it done no later than next Wednesday!! She said it could be done as early as tomorrow, but give him a week just in case. 

Oh this brings my husband and I such sweet joy!! 

Our original scan date was 10/21, but we got an RFE because my husbands birth certificate was expired. 

This is such an answer to prayer.

May God bless us with a CC by next week.

Good luck everyone!!

Hey! We are in sent out our RFE the same time and we have the same scan date. My six week is also up and she put me on supervisor review yesterday. Keep me posted on your -hopefully soon- CC :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.