dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2017

1,509 posts in this topic

Im sitting here trying to figure out why I was told on the phone on Wednesday that I would not need a sponsor and that everything was completed yet I receive this checklist this morning stating that yes I need a sponsor and to submit more financial evidence... so confused :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

This makes me wanna call up the NVC and tell them to hurry the hell up because the plumber is here to clear the clog...

That includes rescinding Obama’s order that allowed more than 700,000 people brought into the United States illegally as children to stay in the country on a two-year authorization to work and attend college, according to several people close to the presidential transition team.

http://www.allenbwest.com/matt-palumbo/heres-first-thing-trump-today

I sat for almost 40 mins on hold today, my entire commute to work, got into the elevator and lost the call :(.  Scandate Nov 25th, in supervisor review since jan 6th, in review since jan 13th... still no 3rd N/A...   Sigh.

Hi everyone! I've been reading this forum for the longest now. Understand everyone's feelings. I was actually sent to NVC on august but due to information missing from my in laws (co-sponsors), I had to wait to send the AOS and the other info until November. It has been over 10 weeks now. Tuesday will be 11th. I swear I'm losing all hope. Do you guys think this is taking this long because I've been there since August (I have kept contacting regarding the case thru emails) with no movement besides the DS form? My husband also has a case pending in court for a misdemeanor, do you think this influences their exaggerated time to process the case? Also, I have my profile from the beginning of this process but I can't comment on any forums cause it says I've been issued a warning!! Do you guys now how I can remove that? I have never had an interaction on the forums at all, ever, I don't understand. Good luck to everyone and hopefully we can all be reunited with our loved ones soon

IMG_0525.PNG

IMG_0523.PNG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
1 hour ago, SMAlexander said:

Im sitting here trying to figure out why I was told on the phone on Wednesday that I would not need a sponsor and that everything was completed yet I receive this checklist this morning stating that yes I need a sponsor and to submit more financial evidence... so confused :(

Did you call today to confirm?  I'd request a supervisor call back (if you can't speak with one) just to be sure.

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Timeline
10 minutes ago, fatima_g said:

Hi everyone! I've been reading this forum for the longest now. Understand everyone's feelings. I was actually sent to NVC on august but due to information missing from my in laws (co-sponsors), I had to wait to send the AOS and the other info until November. It has been over 10 weeks now. Tuesday will be 11th. I swear I'm losing all hope. Do you guys think this is taking this long because I've been there since August (I have kept contacting regarding the case thru emails) with no movement besides the DS form? My husband also has a case pending in court for a misdemeanor, do you think this influences their exaggerated time to process the case? Also, I have my profile from the beginning of this process but I can't comment on any forums cause it says I've been issued a warning!! Do you guys now how I can remove that? I have never had an interaction on the forums at all, ever, I don't understand. Good luck to everyone and hopefully we can all be reunited with our loved ones soon

IMG_0525.PNG

IMG_0523.PNG

@dwheels76 can you help with this warning?

What is your scan date?  A lot of folks who have not yet received case complete have November scan dates.  Perhaps call NVC to find out the status of your case.

5 minutes ago, Duncan21 said:

@dwheels76 can you help with this warning?

What is your scan date?  A lot of folks who have not yet received case complete have November scan dates.  Perhaps call NVC to find out the status of your case.

My husband is the one always calling and he never asks what I tell him to asks so I don't know the specific scan date but according to the tracking number for when our package was mailed it was received on November 8. I'm guessing scan date should be within that same week since 8 was a Tuesday. They shouldn't take long to give a scan date if they get the mail within the first days of the week, right? My husband has been calling twice a week for the past 3 weeks. I'll make him call again today and get the exact scan date but they did agree it has been 9 almost 10 weeks when he called on Tuesday of this week. On Tuesday he got a very rude rep that told him "you calling every week is not going to make your case go faster". People like that really make you feel hopeless about getting a cc soon. ???

2 hours ago, Freedom4evr said:

Scan date 11/29/2016

supervisor review 1/10/2017

review department 1/12/2017

Just saw my 3 n/a. 

Calling NVC to confirm.

Your dates are the same as mine - but no Cc , congrats  

Edited by Joemamma

Timeline
1 minute ago, fatima_g said:

My husband is the one always calling and he never asks what I tell him to asks so I don't know the specific scan date but according to the tracking number for when our package was mailed it was received on November 8. I'm guessing scan date should be within that same week since 8 was a Tuesday. They shouldn't take long to give a scan date if they get the mail within the first days of the week, right? My husband has been calling twice a week for the past 3 weeks. I'll make him call again today and get the exact scan date but they did agree it has been 9 almost 10 weeks when he called on Tuesday of this week. On Tuesday he got a very rude rep that told him "you calling every week is not going to make your case go faster". People like that really make you feel hopeless about getting a cc soon. ???

I'm sorry that your husband got that response; honestly, you can call as many times as you like.  He can just call back again, although the wait times are long.  In terms of scan date, when you send your documents they enter it in the system a few days after they received it so yes, my best guess it would be the same week.  FedEx tracking showed that they received my package on October 31, but my scan date was November 2.  He should ask if they received your documents, and if it was put on supervisor review.  Are you also checking the NVC website for the N/A's?

7 hours ago, brittany.mciver said:

Just saw the 3 N/A's Called NVC to confirm.

1st Scan Date 11/14 - Saw that we sent in the wrong form birth certificate

2nd Scan Date 11/28 - Sent in the Birth certificate before they asked for it

Was never put on supervisor review

Case complete 01/20  

2 hours ago, Freedom4evr said:

Scan date 11/29/2016

supervisor review 1/10/2017

review department 1/12/2017

Just saw my 3 n/a. 

Calling NVC to confirm.

57 minutes ago, moneyman76542 said:

I got case complete a few days ago.

Scan 11/16

Sup. Review 12/28

CC 1/18

Congratulations to you all on your CC's. :)

1 minute ago, Duncan21 said:

I'm sorry that your husband got that response; honestly, you can call as many times as you like.  He can just call back again, although the wait times are long.  In terms of scan date, when you send your documents they enter it in the system a few days after they received it so yes, my best guess it would be the same week.  FedEx tracking showed that they received my package on October 31, but my scan date was November 2.  He should ask if they received your documents, and if it was put on supervisor review.  Are you also checking the NVC website for the N/A's?

It was placed on supervisor review but he wasn't given a date either (he does what his wife tells him, I thought getting a date was implied but I guess he didn't take it like that ?). He only calls to ask the progress of the case and to get a supervisor call back. It has been 3 weeks and still no call back. It has been really hard. We were so excited for this new year and it's starting just like 2016 was. Disappointing. We were really hopeful for a case complete on the first week of the month. It's our 6th year anniversary on March 4th. Even if I get an appointment for early march I doubt we will be able to celebrate the day together since we have to wait for the passport. ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Hello all,

Our case was just recieved by the National Visa Center and we got an email this morning with our NVC welcome letter, case number and invoice ID.  We have just completed DS-261 and it says in the letter to wait 3 weeks before proceeding to Step 2 which is to pay the fees online.

Is this nessesary or can we just go ahead and pay the fees sooner?

Thanks in advance.

January 15th 2012: Met my future wife online.

November 12th 2014: Married in Paphos, Cyprus.

April 25th 2016: I-130 mailed to Chicago Lockbox.

May 20th 2016: I-130 returned due to problems with check.

May 23rd 2016: I-130 mailed to relative in California to insert check.

May 25th 2016: I-130 received by relative and forwarded to Chicago lockbox with check.

May 31st 2016: I-130 signed for at Chicago Lockbox via USPS.

June 4th 2016: NOA1 received by Email with May 31st acceptance date.

June 18th 2016: NOA1 hard copy received in mail - case sent to the Nebraska Service Center.

October 18th 2016: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

November 23rd 2016: Contacted State Senator (Marco Rubio) to ask for assistance.

December 19th 2016: Marco Rubios' office replied.

December 30th 2016: NOA2 Received by Email. Case Approved.

January 8th 2017: Case sent to Department of State (NVC)

January 19th 2017: Case Received by NVCNVC case number assigned. Invoice ID number received.

January 20th 2017: DS-261 completed online and AOS fees of $120.00 paid.

January 31st 2017: IV fee of $320.00 paid.

February 22nd 2017: Documents recieved by NVC (FedEx confirmation).

April 28th 2017: NVC case approved. Awaiting Interview Scheduling at US Embassy in Nicosia, Cyprus (9 weeks, 2 days after documents received).

May 3rd 2017: Interview scheduled at US Embassy in Nicosia, Cyprus for June 9th 2017  (5 days after NVC case approved).

June 9th 2017: Embassy Interview. APPROVED! Passport ready for collection in 5 working days! Flights booked! (on flexible tickets).

June 16th 2017: Passport back from US Embassy.  Flying to JFK on June 20th!

1 hour ago, Duncan21 said:

Did you call today to confirm?  I'd request a supervisor call back (if you can't speak with one) just to be sure.

I called and confirmed that they will need more financial evidence at the interview because we didn't meet the requirement.  I asked them to tell by how much did we miss it that way I can know and the guy was a little rude.  They did tell me that I did not need a sponsor on the 18th and that everything was done!  I think what happened was they looked at my husbands bank statement and must of realized that its a bank in Trinidad and not the US.  That's just a wild guess.  IDK

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.