dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2017

1,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
1 minute ago, SMAlexander said:

I called and confirmed that they will need more financial evidence at the interview because we didn't meet the requirement.  I asked them to tell by how much did we miss it that way I can know and the guy was a little rude.  They did tell me that I did not need a sponsor on the 18th and that everything was done!  I think what happened was they looked at my husbands bank statement and must of realized that its a bank in Trinidad and not the US.  That's just a wild guess.  IDK

I think the important thing is knowing if you still need to mail it in or do you need to take the evidence with you to the interview?  The checklist should have instructions saying which one it is.  Do you see 3 N/As on the NVC site?

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Just now, Duncan21 said:

I think the important thing is knowing if you still need to mail it in or do you need to take the evidence with you to the interview?  The checklist should have instructions saying which one it is.  Do you see 3 N/As on the NVC site?

Yes I have 3 N/A's, the checklist says to bring the evidence to the interview.

Timeline
1 minute ago, SMAlexander said:

Yes I have 3 N/A's, the checklist says to bring the evidence to the interview.

Okay, at least you don't have to wait for another 6 weeks at NVC again and you can work on this in the meanwhile.  I'd try calling again to see how much you missed by, and play it safe if they don't tell you.  There are other forums on VJ that talks about co-sponsorship.  Sorry I can't help more on this topic :( but perhaps others here have some experience on co-sponsorship.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hey everyone,

My husband contacted the NVC  and they told him they sent an email two weeks ago. Somehow the email arrived in the spam and I didn't see it until yesterday. Now we have our case number and can pay the first fee of 120.

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, EstelleandJeremy said:

Hey everyone,

My husband contacted the NVC  and they told him they sent an email two weeks ago. Somehow the email arrived in the spam and I didn't see it until yesterday. Now we have our case number and can pay the first fee of 120.

Good.. that's nice.. goodluck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, zach21uk said:

Hello all,

Our case was just recieved by the National Visa Center and we got an email this morning with our NVC welcome letter, case number and invoice ID.  We have just completed DS-261 and it says in the letter to wait 3 weeks before proceeding to Step 2 which is to pay the fees online.

Is this nessesary or can we just go ahead and pay the fees sooner?

Thanks in advance.

You can pay the fees as soon as the fees is invoiced. Pl see my signature for dates when I paid the fees.

Edited by Raag

Our CR-1 Journey:

06/17/2016 : NOA1 date

10/31/2016 : Transferred to Potomac Service Centre

11/30/2016 : Approved!

12/07/2016 : NVC Received

12/12/2016 : Case Number & IIN received (confirmed through phone)

12/12/2016 : Submitted DS-261

12/13/2016 : Welcome Letter from NVC

12/13/2016 : AOS fee invoiced & Paid

12/16/2016 : IV fee invoiced & Paid

12/20/2016 : Submitted DS-260

12/23/2016 : Delivered to NVC

12/28/2016 : Scan date

02/22/2017 : In review dept

03/07/2017 : Case Complete

04/28/2017 : Interview (Approved 🙂)

05/05/2017 : Visa on hand

05/15/2017 : Entered USA

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Sorry guys, can you give some insight? ;) My category is employment based so AOS fee should not be payed. From the first day it's status is EXEMPT (not PAID as family-based visas).

Should this EXEMPT change to N/A when Case is Complete or my only way is to call-call-and-call NVC?....   As I understand Case status will show "At NVC" without any changes even after Case complete..

Timeline
On 1/11/2017 at 7:54 AM, MianGee said:

Well there is light ... Thank God, my wait is finally over. Case completed .... yay! I am so happy. Good luck to all fellow members.

On 1/11/2017 at 8:45 AM, MianGee said:

I found out via phone. As my case is employment based so my AOS Fee always EXEMPT. It never changed.

8 minutes ago, AlexUA said:

Sorry guys, can you give some insight? ;) My category is employment based so AOS fee should not be payed. From the first day it's status is EXEMPT (not PAID as family-based visas).

Should this EXEMPT change to N/A when Case is Complete or my only way is to call-call-and-call NVC?....   As I understand Case status will show "At NVC" without any changes even after Case complete..

I believe you have to call NVC since the AOS fee will not change to N/A.  See our friend above (employment-based case) who recently got his case complete.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, Duncan21 said:

I believe you have to call NVC since the AOS fee will not change to N/A.  See our friend above (employment-based case) who recently got his case complete.

Thanks! That's what I fear... I think every day about this status but it's too much to call each day. I'll call them in a week and hope to get CC but as my Scan Date is only 12/06...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My husband received this letter from NVC just now. We would have called and asked them but they are closed on weekends of course. We don't understand what it means and would like to ask anyone here if they could help us figure it out. 

Fact: I'm the only one that he is petitioning for. We got our case completed on 1/12. 

IMG_1289.JPG

Timeline
19 minutes ago, N & S said:

My husband received this letter from NVC just now. We would have called and asked them but they are closed on weekends of course. We don't understand what it means and would like to ask anyone here if they could help us figure it out. 

Fact: I'm the only one that he is petitioning for. We got our case completed on 1/12. 

IMG_1289.JPG

The letter stated you or your husband sent in an inquiry - did you send in one?  And do you have any children who he is not filing a petition for?  If the answer is no to both of these, then perhaps it could be an error on their end - but yes, call NVC to find out.  Since your case was complete on 1/12, did you receive any email confirming the case complete?  It usually comes in 5-6 business days after the case complete date and states that your case is in queue for an interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Duncan21 said:

The letter stated you or your husband sent in an inquiry - did you send in one?  And do you have any children who he is not filing a petition for?  If the answer is no to both of these, then perhaps it could be an error on their end - but yes, call NVC to find out.  Since your case was complete on 1/12, did you receive any email confirming the case complete?  It usually comes in 5-6 business days after the case complete date and states that your case is in queue for an interview.

Neither of us inquired about anything, we have a child together and she is already a US citizen through CRBA. Yesterday we got a confirmation email about our case complete. It just has to be an error but  we'll definitely call them first thing on Monday. 

On Friday, January 20, 2017 at 2:31 PM, moneyman76542 said:

I got case complete a few days ago.

Scan 11/16

Sup. Review 12/28

CC 1/18

Great news  we are right behind you we hope   

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.