LET'S TALK ABOUT YOUR RED FLAGS

593 posts in this topic

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well it's too late to go change the past 5 years, so now what? I'll be lucky if I could afford to go again by next year because it's so much more than a plane ticket, it's a week or two out of work etc etc.

Though if it's a one way ticket, well that's different.

Divorced. To hell with him.

Filed: Timeline
Well it's too late to go change the past 5 years, so now what? I'll be lucky if I could afford to go again by next year because it's so much more than a plane ticket, it's a week or two out of work etc etc.

I want to comment on something. Its not just to benefit USCIS that its beneficial to visit your SO on his own turf. It will enable you to really know and understand where he's coming from. Granted you met on US soil, etc., but he's been back in Egypt these years and its a whole different world. If I had not spent the many months I did in Egypt I would never be able to make it through the transition my husband is going through here now. I understand on so many levels what he is going through emotionally. This way we can work through things together much more easily. I realize the costs is terrifying, as is actually GOING half way around the world. But if you truly want him here with you, its a sacrifice you'll have to make or USCIS won't consider your application, unfortunately, and its also a huge investment in the foundation for your marriage. Money and time off work are an issue, yes, but if you want it bad enough perhaps there are avenues you can explore to make it possible.

According to your timeline, you should have no problems with USCIS approving your petition becuse you have met the guidelines. The large gap between the time you spent together in the US and one trip to Egypt (which was followed quicky by an engagement) MIGHT be a problem for the consulate. Those Vjers going through Egypt will better be able to give you advise there.

How well documented is your relationship in those 5 years before the engagement? Lots of contact via other means like e-mail, phone records? Perhaps you can offset this potenial red flag by having this documentation spelled out in advance of the interview? Nagishkaw is absolutely right in saying immigration does not care about lack of funds as a legitimate excuse, but perhaps there are other ways to present your case as to tone down the red flags?

Good luck.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

According to your timeline, you should have no problems with USCIS approving your petition becuse you have met the guidelines. The large gap between the time you spent together in the US and one trip to Egypt (which was followed quicky by an engagement) MIGHT be a problem for the consulate. Those Vjers going through Egypt will better be able to give you advise there.

How well documented is your relationship in those 5 years before the engagement? Lots of contact via other means like e-mail, phone records? Perhaps you can offset this potenial red flag by having this documentation spelled out in advance of the interview? Nagishkaw is absolutely right in saying immigration does not care about lack of funds as a legitimate excuse, but perhaps there are other ways to present your case as to tone down the red flags?

Good luck.

Thanks--

I have printouts of emails from 2001-2002 but we both changed email accounts in college and neither one of us have records of emails from august 2002-september 2006, and until 2006 my cell phone was in my father's name so as a result I never got the bills and he didn't keep them. (We had some kind of problem with the house phone that's in my mother's name so besides a phone bill from September 2001 I have nothing). We did focus more on studies than each other through college as well, we really had no idea it might hurt us so much until we started looking into this process. After September 11 mail turned into such a problem for a while (he wouldn't get my letters & I wouldn't get his) that we stopped writing until last year as well, besides email is cheaper...and so was voice chatting, when we used it before we had cell phones. I think we're totally screwed. His cell phone has always been prepaid. We have a lot of documentation from September 2006 on though.

Divorced. To hell with him.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Its seems you will be fine, 9 times out of 10 they dont look at everything you take anyway. I do think tho the requirement to see within the last two years will stand. I know how it feels i need to go back this summer, now where to find the money, is the other problem.

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Timeline

yep me to seems you went lately, should be fine.

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Its seems you will be fine, 9 times out of 10 they dont look at everything you take anyway. I do think tho the requirement to see within the last two years will stand. I know how it feels i need to go back this summer, now where to find the money, is the other problem.

Even if they say no thanks or say no try to do whatever you can to get those papers in front of the CO. Insist that they look at them.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
:lol: sooooo funny! Even thou my husband and I speak common language sometimes we still use the hand gestures ... and i use them all the times with the family. Who of course, with my luck...speak no french or german or english :lol: True love is when you do anything for that person. So I applaud you sister for taking the classes! Bravo! :thumbs:

We use them on words which require some sort of "finer" understanding of direction usually.. like one day he told me to be "at ease" and go ahead and "spread my legs." Now we were in the livingroom with his whole family, and of course I started to crack up! I used handmotions later that night to show him the difference between "stretch" and "spread" indicating "spread" in most uses indicates a side-to-side motion (spreading butter, legs, whatever heehee!)

:lol: :lol:

:lol: oh ladies you are too funny. brings back memeories of the words my husband used and still does use by accident. :lol::lol:

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Timeline

Good luck.

Thanks--

I have printouts of emails from 2001-2002 but we both changed email accounts in college and neither one of us have records of emails from august 2002-september 2006, and until 2006 my cell phone was in my father's name so as a result I never got the bills and he didn't keep them. (We had some kind of problem with the house phone that's in my mother's name so besides a phone bill from September 2001 I have nothing). We did focus more on studies than each other through college as well, we really had no idea it might hurt us so much until we started looking into this process. After September 11 mail turned into such a problem for a while (he wouldn't get my letters & I wouldn't get his) that we stopped writing until last year as well, besides email is cheaper...and so was voice chatting, when we used it before we had cell phones. I think we're totally screwed. His cell phone has always been prepaid. We have a lot of documentation from September 2006 on though.

i dont have any experience with Egypt but it sounds like you will do just fine. i wouldnt worry to much.

chi

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Timeline

He did try everytime she asked say, about the phone, he started to pull out the phone bills, she said no, he did this with more than one item, without cramming them down her throat she didnt want to and wasnt going to look, nothing i had sent in a folder she looked at...

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

Timeline
He did try everytime she asked say, about the phone, he started to pull out the phone bills, she said no, he did this with more than one item, without cramming them down her throat she didnt want to and wasnt going to look, nothing i had sent in a folder she looked at...

sounds so familiar. we follow the guidelines and provide so much proof...yet it is ignored.

WHY???????

who they h#ll are these people to not at least try to follow their own guidelines???

i'll tell you.

the CO's refuse to look at our proofs because they KNOW we can establish a VALID relationship.

then they (CO's) take our case to a higher officer (minus the proof our men were given back or never ASKED for) to get the second opinion that this is a sham relationship. (remember it takes 2 officers to AGREE the relationship is not valid) well well, it sure DOES appear this couple is not valid since no proofs were given.

how much can we take of this #######??? how can we get this illegal game against us stopped?? these CO are LIARS!!! i proved it in my case. yet they continue to get away with denying valid couples. i know that a case is decided prior to the interview. it has to be. why else would they refuse to see the proof? think about it.

ok ok i am done. this anger will never go away as long as this ####### keeps happening. it makes me so ashamed to be an American! i love my country but it is being bashed by a few employees who abuse their jobs!

chi

.png

Married in 04

chiqa.jpg

Timeline

brnidokiegurl

thanks for the link! i plan on signing it and passing it on to all my family and friends.

i hope everyone here checks ou the link to. it is way past time for immigration reform. time to look at all the couples who are denied based on prejudge!!

chi

.png

Married in 04

chiqa.jpg

Timeline

Yes, thanks it just started yesterday but i believe in time if enough cases are sited and called attention to hopefully someone will listen. It will just take that one person to draw attention to some of the practices going on now, with the rules and regulations also with the extended times taking so long. Way to many families being caught in the middle of all this paperwork. So everyone interested take time to read and sign. It may help not only your case someday but others to follow us.

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.