MikeInMd1967

Filipina K-1 Interview in Hong Kong over, but

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well, the interview (first one?) for my fiancée (in Hong Kong) is over. BTW, my fiancée is a Filipina working in Hong Kong.

From her description of the process, it sounds like they ran her through the ringer.

They are being particular about her birth certification, specifically that she does not have a copy issued post-2004 that uses (I believe) increased copy-security protections. Even though the issuing agency (NSO, Philippines) indicated that they stand by their older issued certificates.

So a few more weeks (hopefully) and we'll see what's next in the process.

I have heard also about "Proof of Singleness" required of beneficiaries, and I'm inclined to have that document requested as well even though my fiancée has never been married. But, it is a terrible hardship to acquire this latter document because it requires her mother or father traveling 10-12 hours to Manila, since the person requesting the document must do so in-person ---- or a satisfactory proxy.

I don't want to delay the visa issuance again, but I'm more inclined to accept additional delay rather than have her parents take a few days from work to travel to Manila. I'm currently reviewing the www.e-census.com.ph website, which indicates that "Proof of Singleness" can be requested through the website. We shall see.

Any ideas/thoughts/etc. people wish to share would be most appreciated.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi!

I'm sorry no one has posted a reply to your questions yet, and I really don't have any answers for you either. But I posted a question on applying for NBI (police) clearance from overseas and someone had suggested this one lawyer. You can probably ask her your questions via email. She answered mine within two days. I have not decided whether to use her or not. Anyway, this is her website:

www.philippinelegalservices.com

And oh by the way, the new birth certificates does look different. They don't look any more impressive than the older ones. I hope you won't have problems acquiring a new copy of that either.

Good luck!

~Cygnet

CR-1

09/16/2005 Mailed I-130 (CSC)

09/21/2005 NOA 1

02/07/2006 NOA 2 (Day 143)

02/25/2006 Petitioner receives AOS Bill in U.S. (Day 161)

02/27/2006 AOS Bill (regular USPS) and DS-3032 (Canada Post regular) are mailed out

03/21/2006 Petitioner receives I-864 package (Day 185)

03/22/2006 Beneficiary receives IV Bill and sends payment - regular mail (Day 186)

03/24/2006 Petitioner sends back I-864 (Day 188)

04/13/2006 Beneficiary receives DS-230 (Day 208)

05/10/2006 Beneficiary sends back DS-230 and docs to NVC via Fedex (Day 235)

05/19/2006 NVC issues RFE on Question # 20 on the DS-230. (Day 244)

05/29/2006 Beneficiary receives RFE and sends it off (Day 254)

06/02/2006 NVC receives RFE (Day 258)

06/16/2006 Case Complete! (Day 272)

07/07/2006 Case forwarded to Consulate in Montreal (Day 293)

08/11/2006 INTERVIEW! VISA APPROVED!

08/14/2006 Picked up visa and crossed the border.

08/25/2006 SS card arrives in the mail

09/07/2006 GC arrives in the mail.

K-3

02/01/2006 Mailed I-129F

02/07/2006 NOA1

04/14/2006 I-129F is approved!

04/24/2006 NVC forwards the application to the consulate in Montreal

05/01/2006 Packet 3 is received from consulate & is sent of 3 days later

07/07/2006 Medical

08/08/2006 INTERVIEW- cancelled bec. of CR-1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm sorry no one has posted a reply to your questions yet, and I really don't have any answers for you either. But I posted a question on applying for NBI (police) clearance from overseas and someone had suggested this one lawyer. You can probably ask her your questions via email. She answered mine within two days. I have not decided whether to use her or not. Anyway, this is her website:

And oh by the way, the new birth certificates does look different. They don't look any more impressive than the older ones. I hope you won't have problems acquiring a new copy of that either.

Thanks. There is a local company in Hong Kong (LBC) and the U.S. Consulate gave my fiancee a website (http://www.e-census.com.ph) that allows for purchasing of BC & CENOMAR online.

• 1 month later...

Thanks. There is a local company in Hong Kong (LBC) and the U.S. Consulate gave my fiancee a website (http://www.e-census.com.ph) that allows for purchasing of BC & CENOMAR online.

I just came across to your post. I am a filipina and I processed my K-1 Visa in Hong Kong. I hope everything's fine through your processing in Hong Kong Consulate. CENOMAR is not required in HK Consulate. She needs to get her birth certificate in a special paper from any NSO branch offices in the Philippines. My brother in-law gets mine in our NSO local office and there's no problem getting it. He got at least 4 copies for me. And for the NBI she can get the form in the Phil. Consulate in HK. One of the Phil Consulate will assist her for doing her fingerprinting on the NBI form. Then she will send that form (NBI) together with an Authorization letter to her parents to get her NBI clearance. Please remember that there's no CFO seminar in Hong Kong prior to the Interview. Your fiancee must to know if there is no complication if is choose Philippines as her departure country. As far as I know from my friends that departed from Phil. when they came to US at the Port of Entry US immigration will look for her CFO stamps on the passport. In my case I went home for 21 days to spend time with my family after I got my K-1 visa then I return to Hong Kong and have one overnight layover. I never had any problems when I enter US last Oct. 2005.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Hope your fiancee will be here soon.

Regards,

Princess

threemonths09.jpg?t=1272087150Princess-Threemonthsold007-2.jpg?t=1271837591threemonths01-1.jpg?t=1272086957

Our Princess have her first tooth at five months of age.

fEdIm5.png?J2iWLNZY

I-130 (IR-5) Petitions for my Mom and Dad

*06-08-2010---Petition will send on this date???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.