thkcmp

Need to learn english and arabic

145 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks again for the listings, without being to personal wondering if some that have had some of these problems would say a little something about them, which areas etc. and the outcomes.

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
There's a great group on yahoo Learning Moroccan Arabic

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/learn-moroccan-arabic/

There you can download for free the Peace Corps manual (I think it's great). The group owner has put in a lot of effort and there are MP3 files. There's also a separate group for people using the book MBP referenced above, with MP3 files.

I am a big fan of the Moroccan Arabic phrasebook (Lonely Planet). If you're used to learning languages it has a lot of the linguistic rules and you can actually get pretty far with it. You'd have to have someone help you with pronunciation though.

Another option is Rosetta Stone. It's a computer program. It's not Moroccan arabic but they will understand you since TV has so many shows in Egyptian and standard arabic. It will help you a LOT with pronunciation and basic vocabulary (not the best for spontaneous conversation, though).

Esalaam they need to make a group for learning DZ dardje too!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
So you are saying that the consulates just randomly decided what they were going to consider red-flags and that it has nothing to do with an increased chance of fraud?

consulates have a list of 'potential' red flags. per attorney Ellis he listed these and by far are not the only ones:

1. A very brief courtship followed by a plunge into matrimony;

2. A marriage ceremony arranged only a short time after petitioner arrives in the beneficiary’s country and they meet for the first time;

3. No common language;

4. Petitioner resides with family members of the beneficiary in the US;

5. Petitioner is employed by or has a business relationship with a relative of beneficiary;

6. Petitioner submits phone records that show he uses a residential phone number that is listed in the name of another person.

7. US divorce followed very quickly by an engagement to foreign beneficiary is often a red flag for consular officers.

8. There is little or no documentary evidence of the relationship prior to the actual engagement.

9. Long gaps of time between the petitioner & beneficiary being together in person.

10. Failure to disclose previous marriages;

11. Failure to disclose previous petitions filed on behalf of other beneficiaries.

well I "flagged" 3/4 of these.. looks like I'm up shits Creek ! :thumbs:

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Answer the questions given, dont try to out guess someone elses situation and if someone cant say something politely then dont say anything, and im (as is most) far past being any kind of kid. Sorry Green this time i have to agree to disagree a few on here are not just interested in the good of their fellow traveler it becomes more intresting to validate how "they" just dont understand someone elses business. How many that have filed dont have some issues to overcome?? Again Connie, glad your here and i hope you got some good suggestions about the tools to learn for both you and him. :thumbs:

Thank you. And yes I did get some really good suggestions on tools to use to learn arabic and english.

Filed: Other Timeline
Answer the questions given, dont try to out guess someone elses situation and if someone cant say something politely then dont say anything, and im (as is most) far past being any kind of kid. Sorry Green this time i have to agree to disagree a few on here are not just interested in the good of their fellow traveler it becomes more intresting to validate how "they" just dont understand someone elses business. How many that have filed dont have some issues to overcome?? Again Connie, glad your here and i hope you got some good suggestions about the tools to learn for both you and him. :thumbs:

Sorrry to say you aren't the diviner of people's intentions, there has been nothing impolite said here and if you read through the thread, the majority are reminding everyone how hard this process is, not determining why it is people make the choices they do. If we were trying to do that, we'd get nowhere, because it's clear a lot of us to don't get a lot of things.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

well I "flagged" 3/4 of these.. looks like I'm up shits Creek ! :thumbs:

sorry to hear that. we had none yet our case was returned to USCIS for 'further review dud to the validity of the relationship' with a request to revoke the petition.

from your timeline it appears you have not yey had the interview. there is still time to prepare. i personally know nothing about the consulate you are going through though. maybe someone can offer you some helpful advice on how they have handled these 'red flag' issues.

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Timeline

No one is the "diviner of people intentions" the OP choose to thank me....in the end alot was learned. I ordered a book and im sure others got suggestions (the end)

I do or would think it interesting if those that could/ would tell some of the problems they faced and how they handled them and the outcome, without being to personal into their business, as one has already said they see themselves in 3/4 of the issues, now what??

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

Timeline

7. US divorce followed very quickly by an engagement to foreign beneficiary is often a red flag for consular officers.

Ah-ha! So this would be ours :) We married 6 months after we met, and umm I divorced (finally, it dragged on for about 8 months) 3 weeks before getting remarried.

Thanks for the list Chiquita. We actually would have waited to get married until the summer but we realized he wasn't coming any time soon and were told marriage would help solidify our case.

We talked about it and decided that since we were getting amrried anyway.. we'd just do it in November and have our party later rather than wait for eternity to pass and possibly still not be together.

welcome. i just posted them here, attorney Ellis wrote them.

you can overcome the flags by addressing them early on when you file your petition with USCIS. it is said that once that is done the CO cannot make an issue of it at the time of the interview or deny for that reason since USCIS approved the petition. said to say this concept is not TRUE. so be sure to address the flags at the time of the interview too.

a good way is to get letters from those who know you as a couple. to tell the truth, for any couple going through the immigration process it is good have letters from family and friends. i thought i read somewhere that letters are now required for the I-130 petition. if the applicant can get some from his family and friends he can translate them and/or have it certified in his country as accurate. be sure the person writing the letter include name, full address and phone number if the immigration has any questions.

this is one of the best proofs that i know of at this time for couples to prove that they indeed have a valid relationship, along with all the other proofs. if there are anykind of red flags or there is some sort of doubt in the mind of the CO, letters verifying a couples relationship can be a good indicator that it is indeed valid since the person took the time to do this for you and included their address and phone number so as to be contacted.

chi

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Timeline
No one is the "diviner of people intentions" the OP choose to thank me....in the end alot was learned. I ordered a book and im sure others got suggestions (the end)

I do or would think it interesting if those that could/ would tell some of the problems they faced and how they handled them and the outcome, without being to personal into their business, as one has already said they see themselves in 3/4 of the issues, now what??

a good start (if you have not done so) is to read the PINNED topic>>

Returning Petitions to the United States via 221g

that is at the beginning of the the ME/NA forum. Kiyah has done an excellent job on this subject.

then maybe explain what you may think are red flags for you. how have you addressed them in your petition. do you have an attorny?

oh and maybe we can go over to the topic jen just created! see ya there! :):)

chi

.png

Married in 04

chiqa.jpg

Timeline

Yep everyone move... and yea i have read and also actually talked with Kiyah :thumbs:

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Ah-ha! So this would be ours :) We married 6 months after we met, and umm I divorced (finally, it dragged on for about 8 months) 3 weeks before getting remarried.

Thanks for the list Chiquita. We actually would have waited to get married until the summer but we realized he wasn't coming any time soon and were told marriage would help solidify our case.

We talked about it and decided that since we were getting amrried anyway.. we'd just do it in November and have our party later rather than wait for eternity to pass and possibly still not be together.

welcome. i just posted them here, attorney Ellis wrote them.

you can overcome the flags by addressing them early on when you file your petition with USCIS. it is said that once that is done the CO cannot make an issue of it at the time of the interview or deny for that reason since USCIS approved the petition. said to say this concept is not TRUE. so be sure to address the flags at the time of the interview too.

a good way is to get letters from those who know you as a couple. to tell the truth, for any couple going through the immigration process it is good have letters from family and friends. i thought i read somewhere that letters are now required for the I-130 petition. if the applicant can get some from his family and friends he can translate them and/or have it certified in his country as accurate. be sure the person writing the letter include name, full address and phone number if the immigration has any questions.

this is one of the best proofs that i know of at this time for couples to prove that they indeed have a valid relationship, along with all the other proofs. if there are anykind of red flags or there is some sort of doubt in the mind of the CO, letters verifying a couples relationship can be a good indicator that it is indeed valid since the person took the time to do this for you and included their address and phone number so as to be contacted.

chi

We;re up against the interview now.. so maybe I can get some together before the interview? Will be hard... but... I did mention it before in my file with the initial applications but maybe I can scrounge some letters!

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline

We;re up against the interview now.. so maybe I can get some together before the interview? Will be hard... but... I did mention it before in my file with the initial applications but maybe I can scrounge some letters!

i wish you the best!!!!

when is your interview?

chi

.png

Married in 04

chiqa.jpg

Timeline

i see you are going through Jordan.

what is it like going through that consulate? is it tough? it would be good to hear from those who went through there to fill you in on the situation there.

chi

we went through Morocco which is considered as high fraud country.

.png

Married in 04

chiqa.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hi everyone,

I just found and joined VJ a couple of weeks ago. I am in the process of gathering all the information and filling out the forms to petition for a k-1 visa for my fiance, Tarek, in Morocco. We have a problem I'm hoping someone here might be able to help us with.

I went to Morocco to meet Tarek in person in February. He knows a little english and i know a little arabic. Between the combination and some charades we did much better than I thought but there were still times that we needed someone to translate for us.

I have purchased several audios and software that teaches arabic but haven't been able to find the moroccan dialect so a lot of what i'm learning from this software turns out to be incorrect. Does anyone know of something out there that teaches the correct dialect?

Also, I've searched for something to help Tarek to learn more english but he doesn't read very much english alphabet so he would need something that is also in arabic writing. Can anyone help me there?

I know we have some time but I'm very concerned about the interview. Tarek feels he will be more comfortable doing the interview in arabic but I know we would have to prove that we are able to communicate with each other. Right now I don't feel confident that we can do that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated especially if you've been in the same situation.

Thanks everyone. This website has already been a great help!!

Connie

I'd like to thank everyone for their input and replies to my post. Do I know about the "red flags"? Yes. Do I know that this is a really serious problem? Yes. Do I think that Tarek will be denied a visa because of it? Yes Do I already know all the things that everyone has said in reply? Yes

That is why I am asking for information on software, tapes, audios, books, etc. for an American to learn Moroccan Arabic and for a Moroccan to learn English. As I said, I haven't filed yet so we have time to correct this situation.

As for the charades....I should have put that in different words. I do know one other language besides English and some Arabic......sign language. It is alot like playing charages when talking to the deaf and a lot of the signs are obvisous and it works beautifully though I know that Tarek knowing some sign language is not going to help the problem at hand.

I have been checking into the sites of those who replied about learning Arabic and English. I have been given some good sources. Thanks to all of you who answered the question being asked.

Connie

Hi to all that have replied. I've read every single one. Some of you have said maybe I've been scared away. Quite the contrary....I've been enjoying every reply that has been made. I've been in groups about other topics before so I know how some people can be. And I have to say that I've never been this entertained ever. For you men who have replied or have just been reading....I'm sure you're probably saying the same thing I've been saying...."just look at all the hens coming out of the wood work....cackle cackle cluck cluck"

To those of you who were intelligent enough to understsand my post and have actually replied to my requests of learning sources, I say truly and sincerely, between laughs and giggles, thank you. I've checked out all the learning aids mentioned. I think some of them will be very helpful.

Thanks again to all of you and please keep the replies coming. Laughter is the best medicine and right now I've never been more healthy.

Connie

P.S. Can't wait to share this with Tarek.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
And I have to say that I've never been this entertained ever.

Oh just wait a day or two.....roflmaoooo!!!!

Now that you've officially passed the initiation here on MENA, welcome again!!! :energetic:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.