sebastianshaw

AOS December 2016 Filers (merged)

2,199 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Just now, dcfilerdec22 said:

yeah! go out and celebrate friend :) and please pray for me :jest:

46 minutes ago, lleaka said:

I definitely don't think it's too early to contact them. Hell, I contacted my congresswoman on March 3rd which was early on ( this said, I knew I should've received a Rfe so I did it bc I realized nobody had touched my case).

Also, keep in mind it may take them a little while to contact Uscis and get an answer back .

And THANK YOU, I still can't believe it. I was at day 113 so I can only hope yours will happen soon .🍀🍀🍀🍀

Also, i only have congresswoman in DC , no senator - so this kind of my only shot haha. want to use it wisely. maybe ill wait until end of day today and if nothing i will send the form to my congresswoman

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, lleaka said:

Yes ! Thank God. 

What is the process after the ead is being produced ? I think it's "mailed" ? How long does that take ???

7-10 days.

mine was approved on the 22nd, mailed on the 29th, and received on the 1st

J1 Waiver Timeline- No-Objection Statement

• Statement Of Reason Received October, 11 2016
  • Passport Data Page Received October, 11 2016
  • Form DS-2019 Received October, 11 2016
  • Form DS-3035 October, 11 2016
  • Fee Received October, 11 2016
  • No Objection Statement Received November 07, 2016
  • Incomplete Information Letter Sent November 08, 2016
  • Change of Address Received November 09, 2016
  • No Objection Statement Received November, 25 2016
  • Department of State Decision: Favorable Recommendation. Date Recommendation Sent November, 30 2016
  • USCIS NOA December 13, 2016 - Dated December 6, 2016
  • USCIS NOA - approval - March 21, 2017 - Dated March 13, 2017 (Waiver Journey Done)
AOS FROM J-1 (Married Jan 04, 2016)
  • Day xx - Dec-10-2016 Package sent
  • Day 00 - Dec-12-2016 - AOS Package Delivered [Chicago Lockbox]
  • Day 09 - Dec-21-2016 - Checks Cashed
  • Day 11 - Dec-23-2016 - electronic NOAs X4!!! (12:30 am) email and text notifications
  • Day 15 - Dec-27-2016 - NOAs in the mail; Dated 12/22/2016
  • Day 26 - Jan-07-2017 - Biometrics letter for 1/18/2017
  • Day 28 - Jan-09-2017 - Successful walk-in for biometrics (Cleveland USCIS)
  • Day 29 - Jan-10-2017 - RFIE (I-864)
  • Day 45 - Jan-26-2017 - RFIE response sent 
  • Day 49 - Jan-30-2017 - RFIE delivered to USCIS @ Lees Summit, MO
  • Day 50 - Jan-31-2017 - RFIE response received by USCIS (case update)
  • Day 100 - March -22-2017 - EAD card being produced (4 text msgs!!)

• Day 105 - March -27-2017 - EAD & AP approval notices in the mail

• Day 107 - March-29-2017 - EAD & AP mailed to me

• Day 110 - April-01-2017 - EAD/AP combo card received

• Day 171 - June-01-2017 - request change address to Pittsburgh, PA

• Day 319 - Oct - 27 - 2017 - Interview notice for November 30

• Day 353 - Nov - 30 - 2017 - Interview date. Approved on the spot.

• Day 361 - Dec - 08 - 2017 - Approval notice in the mail, dated 12/4/2017. USPS update later showing GC picked

• Day 362 - Dec - 09 - 2017 - GC in the mail. 

My EAD was approved on March 30th, got the notice in mail on Monday Apr 3rd. Just an observation I want to share: I noticed that it was mailed from Vermont although all my cases start with MSC. I contacted my congressman a couple of weeks ago and when he called with the update, he said he had been shuffled around 3 offices because my application was scattered all over the place. So I guess they moved some cases to other service centers to address the backlog at NBC?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, BK2017 said:

My EAD was approved on March 30th, got the notice in mail on Monday Apr 3rd. Just an observation I want to share: I noticed that it was mailed from Vermont although all my cases start with MSC. I contacted my congressman a couple of weeks ago and when he called with the update, he said he had been shuffled around 3 offices because my application was scattered all over the place. So I guess they moved some cases to other service centers to address the backlog at NBC?

on which day of your application did you contact congressman ? how soon did uscis get back to him ? also, did you do a SR before you contacted congressman ? i have the same PD as you 12/22 and on Day 105 with no update or no RFE

Timeline
1 minute ago, kuning said:

How can i contact a congressman to do a follow up on my case? Thank u! 

look up who the congressman/congresswoman is based on your zip code on house.gov

2 minutes ago, dcfilerdec22 said:

on which day of your application did you contact congressman ? how soon did uscis get back to him ? also, did you do a SR before you contacted congressman ? i have the same PD as you 12/22 and on Day 105 with no update or no RFE

I contacted him in mid-March, not exactly sure what day it was. It took him around 10 days to get back to me, then again 10 days for USCIS to give him a status report. Yes, I did a SR.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
25 minutes ago, WI_CA said:

7-10 days.

mine was approved on the 22nd, mailed on the 29th, and received on the 1st

Thank you @WI_CA !! It's definitely faster than I thought then.

@dcfilerdec22 Ah I see ! But , like the senators office explained to me, they create a file for you and you can ask them to inquire about your case here and there ( same goes for Congresswomans). Did you already give  them all the forms they need ? 

Mine contacted them a few hours after I gave them all they needed. My case was updated on the same day (March 9th) to a rfie.

You can always contact them to cancel your request if your status change in between.

Adjustement of Status Pending ( Chicago Lockbox)

Received on 12/12/2016

Checks Cashed 12/22/2016

Noas letters received 12/30

Biometrics Letter received 01/07 

Biometrics appt done ✅ 01/18

Service Request sent 02/25

RFIE sent 03/07 received 03/11

Response delivered 03/16

Uscis case updated 03/21 ( case received 03/20)

Ead/Ap in production 04/05

Ead/Ap mailed 04/11

Ead/Ap received 04/14

Timeline
1 minute ago, BK2017 said:

I contacted him in mid-March, not exactly sure what day it was. It took him around 10 days to get back to me, then again 10 days for USCIS to give him a status report. Yes, I did a SR.

Okay great. i am going to wait until end of today to see if there is any update and then sign the waiver tomorrow. I REALLY hope they will get back to me with positive news. i just noticed that we literally have the same timeline with NOA, Biometric etc, so maybe mine too is distributed among different processing centers. Phew!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
14 minutes ago, BK2017 said:

My notices came from Vermont as well. I believe The official notices are printed in Vermont maybe? I've heard that the card gets shipped from Kentucky. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, lleaka said:

Thank you @WI_CA !! It's definitely faster than I thought then.

@dcfilerdec22 Ah I see ! But , like the senators office explained to me, they create a file for you and you can ask them to inquire about your case here and there ( same goes for Congresswomans). Did you already give  them all the forms they need ? 

Mine contacted them a few hours after I gave them all they needed. My case was updated on the same day (March 9th) to a rfie.

You can always contact them to cancel your request if your status change in between.

@lleaka Thanks a lot for your encouragement :) i am going to do it tomorrow. my husband keeps telling me to wait until day 110 but he doesn't know the pain although he is very understanding and supportive! hehe

curious to know what your RFIE was for? 

8 minutes ago, Mthldou said:

My notices came from Vermont as well. I believe The official notices are printed in Vermont maybe? I've heard that the card gets shipped from Kentucky. 

All of my previous notices were from Missouri (and NOA 1 from Chicago), that's why I was surprised that this one came from Vermont Service Center. Yes, the cards are distributed from the card center. But what struck me is that the congressman office said they had to gather parts of my application from 3 different offices and supposedly none of them was at my field office at that time. So who knows what they're doing lol

Edited by BK2017

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Mthldou said:

Mine was picked from Lee SUmmit, MO "USCIS Production Facility"

Not sure where the NOA was sent from though.

It is really interesting to know that some applications go to other offices!!

J1 Waiver Timeline- No-Objection Statement

• Statement Of Reason Received October, 11 2016
  • Passport Data Page Received October, 11 2016
  • Form DS-2019 Received October, 11 2016
  • Form DS-3035 October, 11 2016
  • Fee Received October, 11 2016
  • No Objection Statement Received November 07, 2016
  • Incomplete Information Letter Sent November 08, 2016
  • Change of Address Received November 09, 2016
  • No Objection Statement Received November, 25 2016
  • Department of State Decision: Favorable Recommendation. Date Recommendation Sent November, 30 2016
  • USCIS NOA December 13, 2016 - Dated December 6, 2016
  • USCIS NOA - approval - March 21, 2017 - Dated March 13, 2017 (Waiver Journey Done)
AOS FROM J-1 (Married Jan 04, 2016)
  • Day xx - Dec-10-2016 Package sent
  • Day 00 - Dec-12-2016 - AOS Package Delivered [Chicago Lockbox]
  • Day 09 - Dec-21-2016 - Checks Cashed
  • Day 11 - Dec-23-2016 - electronic NOAs X4!!! (12:30 am) email and text notifications
  • Day 15 - Dec-27-2016 - NOAs in the mail; Dated 12/22/2016
  • Day 26 - Jan-07-2017 - Biometrics letter for 1/18/2017
  • Day 28 - Jan-09-2017 - Successful walk-in for biometrics (Cleveland USCIS)
  • Day 29 - Jan-10-2017 - RFIE (I-864)
  • Day 45 - Jan-26-2017 - RFIE response sent 
  • Day 49 - Jan-30-2017 - RFIE delivered to USCIS @ Lees Summit, MO
  • Day 50 - Jan-31-2017 - RFIE response received by USCIS (case update)
  • Day 100 - March -22-2017 - EAD card being produced (4 text msgs!!)

• Day 105 - March -27-2017 - EAD & AP approval notices in the mail

• Day 107 - March-29-2017 - EAD & AP mailed to me

• Day 110 - April-01-2017 - EAD/AP combo card received

• Day 171 - June-01-2017 - request change address to Pittsburgh, PA

• Day 319 - Oct - 27 - 2017 - Interview notice for November 30

• Day 353 - Nov - 30 - 2017 - Interview date. Approved on the spot.

• Day 361 - Dec - 08 - 2017 - Approval notice in the mail, dated 12/4/2017. USPS update later showing GC picked

• Day 362 - Dec - 09 - 2017 - GC in the mail. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, WI_CA said:

Mine was picked from Lee SUmmit, MO "USCIS Production Facility"

Not sure where the NOA was sent from though.

It is really interesting to know that some applications go to other offices!!

Awesome!! How are you able to check? Mine still says "card being produced" since last Tuesday. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.