sebastianshaw

AOS December 2016 Filers (merged)

2,199 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Mthldou said:

Same here! Yay!

Yes , finally. Back in the game !!

How long did you wait last time to get an update after Uscis got your response ??

Adjustement of Status Pending ( Chicago Lockbox)

Received on 12/12/2016

Checks Cashed 12/22/2016

Noas letters received 12/30

Biometrics Letter received 01/07 

Biometrics appt done ✅ 01/18

Service Request sent 02/25

RFIE sent 03/07 received 03/11

Response delivered 03/16

Uscis case updated 03/21 ( case received 03/20)

Ead/Ap in production 04/05

Ead/Ap mailed 04/11

Ead/Ap received 04/14

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So today I got a update saying that my EAD was mailed yesterday. ????? so happy. So I'm assuming by Friday I should have it in hand

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, lleaka said:

How long did you wait last time to get an update after Uscis got your response ??

Congrats and let the count down begin again

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Bronxnyc said:

So today I got a update saying that my EAD was mailed yesterday. ????? so happy. So I'm assuming by Friday I should have it in hand

Yeah !! Congrats ! ? 

Remember you can track it via myusps so you know exactly where it is.

Received on 12/12/2016

Checks Cashed 12/22/2016

Response delivered 03/16

Ead/Ap mailed 04/11

Ead/Ap received 04/14

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, lleaka said:

Over a month. Like 5 weeks 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mthldou said:

Kinda unrelated. But I applied for my ITIN over 6 weeks ago and I still don't have anything back from the IRS. Is that normal?

It's tax season so yes , it's normal. Expect a wait of 6-9 weeks at this time of the year.I would call Irs by week 8.

Received on 12/12/2016

Checks Cashed 12/22/2016

Response delivered 03/16

Ead/Ap mailed 04/11

Ead/Ap received 04/14

Timeline

1 hour ago, Mthldou said:

Over a month. Like 5 weeks 

@Mthldou Did your first Rfe change status ? My case said " response received ", now I received an email from Uscis saying " request for evidence response review "

Received on 12/12/2016

Checks Cashed 12/22/2016

Response delivered 03/16

Ead/Ap mailed 04/11

Ead/Ap received 04/14

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
50 minutes ago, lleaka said:

@Mthldou Did your first Rfe change status ? My case said " response received ", now I received an email from Uscis saying " request for evidence response review "

Yes same as you and same as last time 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, sebastianshaw said:

So in typical weird things which happen with USCIS, my case status changed from "New Card is being produced" to "Case Approved" today, also it updated the i131 also to approved, which was earlier not updated. 

I think it is usually the other way round Case approved to New Card is being produced, i dont think it matters much but just thought would bring it to others notice

Mine changed from new card produced to "mailed to me" just now. But my i131 is still the same, it still says file is received. I thought it supposed to be a combo card??

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
13 minutes ago, PinoyInUS said:

Mine changed from new card produced to "mailed to me" just now. But my i131 is still the same, it still says file is received. I thought it supposed to be a combo card??

Where did i say its not a combo card ?

For the i-131 status update has always been funky for most people, some people dont get any update but get the approval letter and combo card. Some people like me will get an update on i131 and still recieve the approval letter and combo card. 

USCIS started issuing combo cards which include I-512 (Advance Parole) since 4/5 years back. Till the point you had applied for I-131 and they have not rejected the same, you can be rest assured you would get a combo card. 

ROC Timeline

June 15, 2020: Sent package through USPS

June 18, 2020: Delivered to Arizona PO box

June 23, 2020: Credit Card Debited

June 24, 2020: E notification for case (LIN-Receipt) 

July  15, 2020: Case was updated to show that fingerprints were taken

July 16, 2020 : Official NOA letter dated July 1 was received  

July 20, 2020 : Official fingerprint taken notice dated July 15 was received

March 05, 2021: Status updated to "Card in Production"

March 06, 2021: Status updated to I-751 Approved

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
49 minutes ago, sebastianshaw said:

Where did i say its not a combo card ?

For the i-131 status update has always been funky for most people, some people dont get any update but get the approval letter and combo card. Some people like me will get an update on i131 and still recieve the approval letter and combo card. 

USCIS started issuing combo cards which include I-512 (Advance Parole) since 4/5 years back. Till the point you had applied for I-131 and they have not rejected the same, you can be rest assured you would get a combo card. 

Thanks! Just got the letter from uscis, it does say approved 1765 and i131 (or i512). And you are correct again, even though i received the letter already, the status online still says the same for the i131. Hoping that the ead combo card will arrive soon! Will update you guys.

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys,

I've been following this thread since late December. Thank you all for supporting each other in this group and today I'd like to share my own update with you. I have received a status change from the "case tracker" app on iPhone this morning that my EAD is currently under "New Card is Being Produced". 

My filling date: Dec 10th

PD date: Dec 13th

Bio date: Jan 13th

I-485 changed to "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" on Jan 27th

just like any of you, it is a long waiting game and I get no pleasure of it. However, the best we can do is being patient and try not to think too much of the situation. Please be patient and it will be your turn soon. Btw, I did not call for service request and I did not receive any RFE during this time period. So, case might varies from person to person. If you are like me, then in my opinion that all you can do is wait and check on this site once a while to see how everybody is doing.

All dates above is also available in my timeline. Please feel free to check it out if that will help. I will try to update asap once I received more information. Again, thanks for all of you and please keep your good spirits. Good Luck!

-Z

5 hours ago, Mthldou said:

Kinda unrelated. But I applied for my ITIN over 6 weeks ago and I still don't have anything back from the IRS. Is that normal?

Yes, I was told the other day it can take up to 9 weeks. 

Personal side note, I am going to apply for an ITIN on April 4th. We already filed our taxes, our h&r block tax preparer said how he filed our taxes was fine, and someone with 30 years tax eperiemve didnt know I needed an ITIN, wish we hadn't trusted him and researched it ourselves. So now we have to amend our taxes once I have an ITIN, the IRS penalized my husband by over $1000 because of it. 

However, I have no visa right now, only the Alien number and pending AOS, Im worried they wont give me an ITIN as thats not one of their categories. Eeek. 

Filed AOS and I-795: 12/22/2016

Case received sms: 01/17/2017

NOA for both: 01/21/2017

RFIE: 02/13/2017

Mailed RFIE: 02/15/2017

Biometrics Appointment:02/16/2017

RFIE received by uscis, case reopened: 02/17/2017

Notification that EAD is being produced: 03/24/2017

Notification of EAD mailed: 03/31/2017

EAD received in the mail: 04/04/2017

Notification I-485 Scheduled for interview: 03/29/2017

Timeline
47 minutes ago, TJSEE said:

Yes, I was told the other day it can take up to 9 weeks. 

Personal side note, I am going to apply for an ITIN on April 4th. We already filed our taxes, our h&r block tax preparer said how he filed our taxes was fine, and someone with 30 years tax eperiemve didnt know I needed an ITIN, wish we hadn't trusted him and researched it ourselves. So now we have to amend our taxes once I have an ITIN, the IRS penalized my husband by over $1000 because of it. 

However, I have no visa right now, only the Alien number and pending AOS, Im worried they wont give me an ITIN as thats not one of their categories. Eeek. 

You can apply for an Itin as long as your spouse is a us citizen and you have some form of id .There are other categories but can't remember them all. It's free and all  you need is to print out a w7 form from the IRS website and fill it out and send it with your tax returns.

Note : Itin is linked to current tax return , they need to be sent together. Itin is issued in 6-9 weeks and then the tax return is processed ( additional 4-8 weeks to get a refund).I would call IRS and talk about your particular situation, taxes are serious business.You need to have a clear understanding of what to do.

Edited by lleaka

Received on 12/12/2016

Checks Cashed 12/22/2016

Response delivered 03/16

Ead/Ap mailed 04/11

Ead/Ap received 04/14

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.