sebastianshaw

AOS December 2016 Filers (merged)

2,199 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Mthldou said:

Okay guys I need advice!!

Okay so I had an RFE back in January asking for 2015 tax, income and correct a mistake on 864. Did it and sent it all back. Now they're sending me another RFE
My husband income wasn't enough in 2015 as he was a student. However 2016 was and he got a new job which provides plenty over the guidelines. 
I sent the 2015 tax return (not enough income), pay stubs for 8 months, employment letter, corrected the pages I needed. 
I also sent 2016 w2 without the completed return because we hadn't filed yet. 
So what could they want next?! I'm so confused. 

I also request my EAD to be expedited on 3/8. Case is currently under review and a couple of hours later they sent me the RFE notification. 

Any idea? 
Thanks.

I would file the 2016 taxes right away and send the whole thing their way . They might not accept the W2s as it doesn't prove you have paid all your taxes for the year. 

Edited by mrs.felicia

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mthldou said:

I did forget a form g325a (biographical form). 

They wouldn't ask for it the first time ?? I don't understand this.

Btw, was your Rfe for Initial Evidence then ? Do you know if it resets the case ? I read contradictory information about it.

Adjustement of Status Pending ( Chicago Lockbox)

Received on 12/12/2016

Checks Cashed 12/22/2016

Noas letters received 12/30

Biometrics Letter received 01/07 

Biometrics appt done ✅ 01/18

Service Request sent 02/25

RFIE sent 03/07 received 03/11

Response delivered 03/16

Uscis case updated 03/21 ( case received 03/20)

Ead/Ap in production 04/05

Ead/Ap mailed 04/11

Ead/Ap received 04/14

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
3 minutes ago, mrs.felicia said:

I would file the 2016 taxes right away and send the whole thing their way . They might not accept the W2s as it doesn't prove you have paid all your taxes for the year. 

I have them all filed and ready to be sent. 2016 shows plenty enough of AGI. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, lleaka said:

Btw, was your Rfe for Initial Evidence then ? Do you know if it resets the case ? I read contradictory information about it.

I've called USCIS twice and got... 2 different answers. So there's no way to know for sure. I believe it delays it but from the timelines I've seen it doesn't reset. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, lleaka said:

5 minutes ago, mrs.felicia said:

Will probably be required to send more tax/income info. 

Will send 2016 and 2015 complete tax returns with W2s, pay stubs again for the 3rd time and another employment letter for the 3rd times or find a joint sponsor. Don't know why they do this. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Mthldou said:

Will send 2016 and 2015 complete tax returns with W2s, pay stubs again for the 3rd time and another employment letter for the 3rd times or find a joint sponsor. Don't know why they do this. 

My experience with government agencies in general is that one should try to send them exactly what's been asked for. Don't be creative, don't think an alternative makes sense, just be straight to the point. My .2 cents here. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, mrs.felicia said:

My experience with government agencies in general is that one should try to send them exactly what's been asked for. Don't be creative, don't think an alternative makes sense, just be straight to the point. My .2 cents here. 

Will do. Will post the letter when I get it so you can give your opinion. Thank you so much for the help :)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, mrs.felicia said:

Will do. Will post the letter when I get it so you can give your opinion. Thank you so much for the help :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Mthldou said:

I never sent w2s I sent tax transcripts instead. Was told by a immigration lawyer they prefer tax transcript than w2

Timeline
1 hour ago, mrs.felicia said:

Would they even consider 2016 tax returns if I filed in 2016 (2015 tax year)?

2 minutes ago, BK2017 said:

Got this update on Jan 25th, still waiting for a response lol The rep told me to wait 30-45 days for an answer and then call again...been 42 days...

Wow that's a long wait I'd say, hopefully you'll get a response soon.

AOS/EAD&AP Timeline

▪12/19/2016: AOS & EAD/AP mailed. (Day 00)

▪12/21/2016: Package signed for at Chicago Lockbox. (Day 02)

▪01/06/2017: Text/Email notification of acceptance confirmation from USCIS. (Day 18)

▪01/10/2017: Physical mail NOA received. (Day 22)

▪01/21/2017: Received Biometrics Appointment via mail (Bio. Appointment 01/30/2017). (Day 33)

▪03/01/2017: EAD/AP approved/sent for production. (Day 70)

▪03/06/2017: Received approval receipts by mail for both EAD & AP. (Day 75)

▪03/08/2017: Received EAD/AP combo card. (Day 77)

▪11/25/2017: Received Green card in mail. (Day 339)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Called USCIS today 92nd day from PD. Also enquired about the Service request that i had raised on Feb 27. The officer told me as of March 8 they are still processing Nov 29 ?? 

Also regarding my service request, literally in 10 mins of me calling them the online status went from Service request is unassigned to assigned to an officer. ]

Now here comes the bombshell, the representative told me a letter has been sent to me on March 10 (snail mail) ####### is that about ? I am scared that it might be a RFE

ROC Timeline

June 15, 2020: Sent package through USPS

June 18, 2020: Delivered to Arizona PO box

June 23, 2020: Credit Card Debited

June 24, 2020: E notification for case (LIN-Receipt) 

July  15, 2020: Case was updated to show that fingerprints were taken

July 16, 2020 : Official NOA letter dated July 1 was received  

July 20, 2020 : Official fingerprint taken notice dated July 15 was received

March 05, 2021: Status updated to "Card in Production"

March 06, 2021: Status updated to I-751 Approved

Timeline
22 hours ago, sausa said:

Hi Guys hope all is well. I got my EAD in the mail today with the AP combo. 

Looks like some some of you are moving along and finally getting updates too. Now comes the long wait for the interview. @sebastianshaw Do you know of any other Minnesotans who have recently applied for AOS with a complete timeline? The processing times on USCIS seem to have slowed even more for us in St. Paul. The most recent I could find was a forum with some people indicating a 6-7 month wait till they got the interview.

I really want to travel home I haven't seen family in over two years, but I'm terrified to do so on AP incase of any issues when I come back in:/

Not that i know of. I am assuming it will take atleast 10-11 months. 

ROC Timeline

Timeline
4 hours ago, Mthldou said:

Would they even consider 2016 tax returns if I filed in 2016 (2015 tax year)?

Did you finally get the snail mail and did you figure out what is the RFE exactly about ?

ROC Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.