sebastianshaw

AOS December 2016 Filers (merged)

2,199 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Bronxnyc said:

Are you kidding, omg.... 

I wish I was. I've just cried a little bc I'm so frustrated. I was sure I would get a rfe , when I called a few times 2-3 weeks ago, they all confirmed there was none, even the tier 2 officer . I assumed i had been paranoid about rfe.

I wouldn't care so much if my Ead was still being processed, BUT NOPE .????

The worst is that it takes so long to get their mail, another week lost.

Edited by lleaka

Adjustement of Status Pending ( Chicago Lockbox)

Received on 12/12/2016

Checks Cashed 12/22/2016

Noas letters received 12/30

Biometrics Letter received 01/07 

Biometrics appt done ✅ 01/18

Service Request sent 02/25

RFIE sent 03/07 received 03/11

Response delivered 03/16

Uscis case updated 03/21 ( case received 03/20)

Ead/Ap in production 04/05

Ead/Ap mailed 04/11

Ead/Ap received 04/14

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
12 minutes ago, lleaka said:

??? I'm at day 87 and thanks to my congresswoman and/or my service request from 2 weeks ago, USCIS has just realized they needed to send me a RFE !!!! 

I can't believe this, I've asked 2 weeks ago and there was no rfe , all smooth and now they suddenly realize 3 days before the 90 day mark that I do have one for my I-485 application, meaning none of my other applications can be processed until this is resolved .

My service request was saying "has been processed", I call and learn they've actually sent me a RFE, which I was expecting at first and then was told there would be none 3 times.

End of my rant !! ???

Why were you expecting a rfe 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, lleaka said:

I wish I was. I've just cried a little bc I'm so frustrated. I was sure I would get a rfe , when I called a few times 2-3 weeks ago, they all confirmed there was none, even the tier 2 officer . I assumed i had been paranoid about rfe.

I am so sorry hun... uscis is damn messy

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
36 minutes ago, lleaka said:

Omg!! I'm so sorry ! Our timeline is similar expect they sent me the RFE 3 weeks after applying and not 3 months!!! They are not easy to work with. I'm so sorry :( 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
47 minutes ago, lleaka said:

??? I'm at day 87 and thanks to my congresswoman and/or my service request from 2 weeks ago, USCIS has just realized they needed to send me a RFE !!!! 

I can't believe this, I've asked 2 weeks ago and there was no rfe , all smooth and now they suddenly realize 3 days before the 90 day mark that I do have one for my I-485 application, meaning none of my other applications can be processed until this is resolved .

My service request was saying "has been processed", I call and learn they've actually sent me a RFE, which I was expecting at first and then was told there would be none 3 times.

End of my rant !! ???

omg, sorry, that means they had not seen your file till now.....wow RFE on 87th day. Did your status also update to RFE one, or that is still pending ?

ROC Timeline

June 15, 2020: Sent package through USPS

June 18, 2020: Delivered to Arizona PO box

June 23, 2020: Credit Card Debited

June 24, 2020: E notification for case (LIN-Receipt) 

July  15, 2020: Case was updated to show that fingerprints were taken

July 16, 2020 : Official NOA letter dated July 1 was received  

July 20, 2020 : Official fingerprint taken notice dated July 15 was received

March 05, 2021: Status updated to "Card in Production"

March 06, 2021: Status updated to I-751 Approved

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 minutes ago, sebastianshaw said:

omg, sorry, that means they had not seen your file till now.....wow RFE on 87th day. Did your status also update to RFE one, or that is still pending ?

This is such a horror story. Can't believe this!!! And we have the same timeline pretty much. Makes no damn sense

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
40 minutes ago, lleaka said:

it seems as if they were trying to find a reason to delay it further. feed so bad for you. What was the RFE which you were expecting ?

ROC Timeline

June 15, 2020: Sent package through USPS

June 18, 2020: Delivered to Arizona PO box

June 23, 2020: Credit Card Debited

June 24, 2020: E notification for case (LIN-Receipt) 

July  15, 2020: Case was updated to show that fingerprints were taken

July 16, 2020 : Official NOA letter dated July 1 was received  

July 20, 2020 : Official fingerprint taken notice dated July 15 was received

March 05, 2021: Status updated to "Card in Production"

March 06, 2021: Status updated to I-751 Approved

Timeline
1 minute ago, sebastianshaw said:

it seems as if they were trying to find a reason to delay it further. feed so bad for you. What was the RFE which you were expecting ?

That's so messy. I'm literally afraid to call them about my case ????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Bronxnyc said:

When they normally ask for rfe what are some of the things they ask for?

The absolute most common reason for an RFE on your AOS application is about the i-864. Could be anything from not meeting the poverty guideline to wrong household size to missing signatures etc.

The second most common is the medical.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Scandi said:

The absolute most common reason for an RFE on your AOS application is about the i-864. Could be anything from not meeting the poverty guideline to wrong household size to missing signatures etc.

The second most common is the medical.

Well I think I did everything right and I hope I don't get one

Timeline
27 minutes ago, sebastianshaw said:

All my cases are still at " fee received / case received " last update December 28th. Only difference is it says " service request completed" under I-765 .

I called uscis to know what it meant since i hadn't received an email, the nice lady was so concerned she decided to investigate . She then found out it was a Rfe sent.She also put a request for a tier 2 to call me since she believes my case has been pending for a while. ( not sure about that).

To answer the other questions: I forgot to mail my MIL ( our co-sponsor)  latest tax return. So , yes I was expecting a rfe until tier 2 told me it was all fine, all smooth.

I do remember reading about someone getting theirs past the 90 days , I believe it was on VisaJourney too. Hence why I have been pushing to have my case looked at, I had a feeling I would be next !! 

Received on 12/12/2016

Checks Cashed 12/22/2016

Response delivered 03/16

Ead/Ap mailed 04/11

Ead/Ap received 04/14

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mthldou said:

what does this mean??

IMG_1791.PNG

This is what I have under my i765 .

Basically an officer looked at your case and you should get some info soon ( email/ letter) . At least, that's what I was told by customer service.

Received on 12/12/2016

Checks Cashed 12/22/2016

Response delivered 03/16

Ead/Ap mailed 04/11

Ead/Ap received 04/14

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.