sebastianshaw

AOS December 2016 Filers (merged)

2,199 posts in this topic

Just now, sebastianshaw said:

That i will for sure, and you i recon can try to sympathize who are already at 90 day margin with Service Requests, Expedite Requests and Congressmen angles pending. And try to give us ways to solve our problem rather than telling us it will happen when it will happen, as if we don't know already. 

Tell us about your case rather ? Did congressman help ? did expedite help ? did u send them offer letter ?

I phoned up the USCIS and spoke to a tier one officer. I expedited on the grounds of financial loss to me and a company. They gave me a request number. 

I then went to my congressman's website and got the disclosure form signed, printed out my job offer letter, and wrote a cover letter based on another thread on here. In this letter I gave my MSC number and the request number from USCIS. I also gave a copy of NOA1 for EAD and AOS

I don't know the link off top of my head, but I think i said thanks in it so view my past posts to find it quicker.

I visited the congressman's office myself and spoke to someone there. I hand delivered it all and they said they'd get in touch with USCIS. 

USCIS then sent me an email asking for another copy of the job offer to be faxed. Luckily the complex I live in has a fax machine so I could use that.

Things went quiet for a few days and then I had message that my card went into production.  

Around a week later I had the card. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, Tom169 said:

I phoned up the USCIS and spoke to a tier one officer. I expedited on the grounds of financial loss to me and a company. They gave me a request number. 

I then went to my congressman's website and got the disclosure form signed, printed out my job offer letter, and wrote a cover letter based on another thread on here. In this letter I gave my MSC number and the request number from USCIS. I also gave a copy of NOA1 for EAD and AOS

I don't know the link off top of my head, but I think i said thanks in it so view my past posts to find it quicker.

I visited the congressman's office myself and spoke to someone there. I hand delivered it all and they said they'd get in touch with USCIS. 

USCIS then sent me an email asking for another copy of the job offer to be faxed. Luckily the complex I live in has a fax machine so I could use that.

Things went quiet for a few days and then I had message that my card went into production.  

Around a week later I had the card. 

Now that's more like it, thanks for sharing your journey. 

Looks like they accepted your expedite request before the congressman could intervene, did you ever hear back from the congressman's office ?

ROC Timeline

June 15, 2020: Sent package through USPS

June 18, 2020: Delivered to Arizona PO box

June 23, 2020: Credit Card Debited

June 24, 2020: E notification for case (LIN-Receipt) 

July  15, 2020: Case was updated to show that fingerprints were taken

July 16, 2020 : Official NOA letter dated July 1 was received  

July 20, 2020 : Official fingerprint taken notice dated July 15 was received

March 05, 2021: Status updated to "Card in Production"

March 06, 2021: Status updated to I-751 Approved

Just now, sebastianshaw said:

Now that's more like it, thanks for sharing your journey. 

Looks like they accepted your expedite request before the congressman could intervene, did you ever hear back from the congressman's office ?

I had an email that evening from the office saying they'd spoken to USCIS and will look into it. However, I knew of my expedite being approved before they did, so I think that it was my request that did it rather than there's.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Day 87 and nothing. Still saying case received. I was hoping to get my stuff so that my husband can put me on his taxes. Well I have until the end of April so I hope I get something before that 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, Bronxnyc said:

Day 87 and nothing. Still saying case received. I was hoping to get my stuff so that my husband can put me on his taxes. Well I have until the end of April so I hope I get something before that 

Bronxnyc,

You can always apply for an Itin and file jointly.You just print out an application from the IRS website and send it with required documents.

Edited by lleaka

Adjustement of Status Pending ( Chicago Lockbox)

Received on 12/12/2016

Checks Cashed 12/22/2016

Noas letters received 12/30

Biometrics Letter received 01/07 

Biometrics appt done ✅ 01/18

Service Request sent 02/25

RFIE sent 03/07 received 03/11

Response delivered 03/16

Uscis case updated 03/21 ( case received 03/20)

Ead/Ap in production 04/05

Ead/Ap mailed 04/11

Ead/Ap received 04/14

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Mthldou said:

Got an email from USCIS :) my case is under review! So happy :) hope they approve my EAD. Been waiting too long already!!

Congratulations. Please update your signature/timeline that way people wont end up asking you the same questions again and again. 

I remember you had an RFE, did you have an SR/Expedite/Congressperson angle too ?

ROC Timeline

June 15, 2020: Sent package through USPS

June 18, 2020: Delivered to Arizona PO box

June 23, 2020: Credit Card Debited

June 24, 2020: E notification for case (LIN-Receipt) 

July  15, 2020: Case was updated to show that fingerprints were taken

July 16, 2020 : Official NOA letter dated July 1 was received  

July 20, 2020 : Official fingerprint taken notice dated July 15 was received

March 05, 2021: Status updated to "Card in Production"

March 06, 2021: Status updated to I-751 Approved

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mthldou said:

Got an email from USCIS :) my case is under review! So happy :) hope they approve my EAD. Been waiting too long already!!

About time ??! Keep us updated.

Bonne chance a toi !

Received on 12/12/2016

Checks Cashed 12/22/2016

Response delivered 03/16

Ead/Ap mailed 04/11

Ead/Ap received 04/14

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Bronxnyc said:

My husband spent an hour on the phone with IRS the other day, in order to determine if he could file as married and claim me as a dependent. The answer is yes, since I do not have a SSN yet he can put in NRA (non resident alien). The only problem is he has to file by mail, since the tax software he was using wouldn't accept the NRA as valid.

AOS Package sent: 12/20/2016

AOS Package received: 12/22/2016

Fees accepted: 01/05/2017

NOA email received: 01/09/2017

NOA letter received: 01/13/2017 (dated 01/06/2017)

Biometrics appointment letter received: 01/21/2017 (dated 01/14/2017)

Biometrics appointment date: 01/30/2017

Case status changed to ready to schedule interview: 02/10/2017

EAD card status changed to being produced: 03/24/2017

EAD card sent in the mail 04/03/2017

Interview scheduled for: 05/10/2017 (Case status changed on 04/04/2017)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mthldou said:

Not to burst your bubble, but USCIS usually provides a generic message on SR. Most people that put in SR often get this same response " Your case is currently under review.  You should receive a decision or notice of other action shortly."

You guys be patient, I feel your pains but y'all will receive your EAD at least by month end. Mine took 104 days.:D 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, freshgreengrass said:

My husband spent an hour on the phone with IRS the other day, in order to determine if he could file as married and claim me as a dependent. The answer is yes, since I do not have a SSN yet he can put in NRA (non resident alien). The only problem is he has to file by mail, since the tax software he was using wouldn't accept the NRA as valid.

I did my taxes jointly with my husband ( the us citizen) last year. Not sure about mailing your return by mail  and putting NRA but otherwise, you need an ITIN ( international tax number). It's free and takes up to 7 weeks if I remember right ( got mine way earlier than that ). Our tax preparer could NOT do our return nor send it without that ITIN number.

Received on 12/12/2016

Checks Cashed 12/22/2016

Response delivered 03/16

Ead/Ap mailed 04/11

Ead/Ap received 04/14

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, lleaka said:

I did my taxes jointly with my husband ( the us citizen) last year. Not sure about mailing your return by mail  and putting NRA but otherwise, you need an ITIN ( international tax number). It's free and takes up to 7 weeks if I remember right ( got mine way earlier than that ). Our tax preparer could NOT do our return nor send it without that ITIN number.

How do I apply for the itin. Other places I tried are charging me 150 or 200

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, lleaka said:

I wish we had known about the ITIN earlier, but he wants to get his tax return in ASAP. The IRS representative he spoke to on the phone said that NRA was an option, if we don't have an ITIN. Hopefully it works out!

AOS Package sent: 12/20/2016

AOS Package received: 12/22/2016

Fees accepted: 01/05/2017

NOA email received: 01/09/2017

NOA letter received: 01/13/2017 (dated 01/06/2017)

Biometrics appointment letter received: 01/21/2017 (dated 01/14/2017)

Biometrics appointment date: 01/30/2017

Case status changed to ready to schedule interview: 02/10/2017

EAD card status changed to being produced: 03/24/2017

EAD card sent in the mail 04/03/2017

Interview scheduled for: 05/10/2017 (Case status changed on 04/04/2017)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.