sebastianshaw

AOS December 2016 Filers (merged)

2,199 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just now, p-ana said:

Does she have an immigrant visa? Having her come and have her stay and do aos is fraud. 

Just now, p-ana said:

Does she have an immigrant visa? Having her come and have her stay and do aos is fraud. 

Yes she has a immigrant visa. So if she comes you saying that I can't adjust her status while she is here 

1 minute ago, Bronxnyc said:

Yes she has a immigrant visa. So if she comes you saying that I can't adjust her status while she is here 

If she has an immigrant visa she doesn't need to aos. Does she have an IR2/cr2 in her passport?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, p-ana said:

If she has an immigrant visa she doesn't need to aos. Does she have an IR2/cr2 in her passport?

No she just have a regular visiting visa.

3 minutes ago, Bronxnyc said:

No she just have a regular visiting visa.

So she doesn't have an immigrant visa.

entering on a non immigrant visa with intent to stay and aos is fraud. You already did that, right? By now you should know it's  the wrong path, even if you got away with it before

Edited by p-ana

Timeline
Just now, p-ana said:

entering on a non immigrant visa with intent to stay and aos is fraud. You already did it twice, right? By now you should know it's  the wrong path, even if you got away with it before

It was never my intent to stay I met my husband years ago but we got married over a year ago. He filed a i130 and the i485. So your saying I did immigration fraud?

1 minute ago, Bronxnyc said:

It was never my intent to stay I met my husband years ago but we got married over a year ago. He filed a i130 and the i485. So your saying I did immigration fraud?

Technically, when you say there was no intent to stay when you got in, there wasn't any fraud. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, p-ana said:

entering on a non immigrant visa with intent to stay and aos is fraud. You already did that, right? By now you should know it's  the wrong path, even if you got away with it before

When you say by now it's a wrong pAth what Are you talking about. What wrong path did I follow

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Plenty of people enter the us with non immigrants visas, get married and file for AOS. I'm one of them, so are thousands right along with me. It isn't fraud if the relationship is genuine and if the person didn't enter the USA with an intent to stay. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mthldou said:

Plenty of people enter the us with non immigrants visas, get married and file for AOS. I'm one of them, so are thousands right along with me. It isn't fraud if the relationship is genuine and if the person didn't enter the USA with an intent to stay. 

Exactly I don't see where he was going with that statement saying I committed fraud. My marriage is genuine so I'm lost with what he is saying 

13 minutes ago, Bronxnyc said:

Exactly I don't see where he was going with that statement saying I committed fraud. My marriage is genuine so I'm lost with what he is saying 

15 minutes ago, Mthldou said:

If there was no intent when entering, yes, that's not fraud. Not the best path to go through, in my opinion, but it's within the current laws, so ok. But having someone enter with a non immigrant visa planning to enter and aos, it's fraud

this is a discussion that goes on and on and I understand because both of you gone through this, you're all for it... not going to argue about that

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Look what I found. Finally my EAD got processed. Hopefully it would be a combo card so that I need not worry about the AP as well. Thanks everyone. :jest:

Capture.JPG

Timeline
1 hour ago, Bronxnyc said:

Ok. Why I asked because when my daughter comes in the summer my husband and I decided not to send her back to Jamaica as well. She is six years old. What I'm wondering if he can file a petition and aos for her when she comes while mine is pending. 

@Bronxnyc I started his petition a couple month before he came in the summer. By the time he came they had already approved his immigrant visa and we were planning on moving fwd with consular processing but we realized by the time his interview @ the U.S Embassy in Kingston would come he would've been in the states. So instead of sending him back we just kept him in the states and changed the nature of the petition from consular to AOS within the U.S. You could have her stay for the summer but as soon as she arrives send in her paperwork so that when she gets to her 6 month she doesn't incur any unlawful presence. Do what u need to do "mi nuh kno a who him, a chat a bag a fawt bout fraud!!! KMT". The odds are in your favor.

Timeline

They updated my status online!!!!

New Card Is Being Produced

On April 11, 2017, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSC179XXXXXXX, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschan.ge to give us your new mailing address.

Timeline
2 hours ago, J-boogie said:

@Bronxnyc I started his petition a couple month before he came in the summer. By the time he came they had already approved his immigrant visa and we were planning on moving fwd with consular processing but we realized by the time his interview @ the U.S Embassy in Kingston would come he would've been in the states. So instead of sending him back we just kept him in the states and changed the nature of the petition from consular to AOS within the U.S. You could have her stay for the summer but as soon as she arrives send in her paperwork so that when she gets to her 6 month she doesn't incur any unlawful presence. Do what u need to do "mi nuh kno a who him, a chat a bag a fawt bout fraud!!! KMT". The odds are in your favor.

Thanks a lot he pissed the out of me.

So when she gets here i should submit a i130 and i485?

Timeline
2 hours ago, J-boogie said:

They updated my status online!!!!

New Card Is Being Produced

On April 11, 2017, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSC179XXXXXXX, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschan.ge to give us your new mailing address.

💃💃💃💃💃💃 congrats 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.