sebastianshaw

AOS December 2016 Filers (merged)

2,199 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, dcfilerdec22 said:

So i am more traditional. i went to her office and met with the case worker . Explained my situation and told them that i needed their help. then i asked lots of questions about uscis because they know stuff. and then asked them how long it'll take to know. he told me a week or so to get a reply from uscis. then they sent me a release form, i signed it and sent copies of my reciepts. they then contacted uscis

Care to share some USCIS gossip?;) I think we all want to know how USCIS works... because I'm clueless lol

4 minutes ago, BK2017 said:

My EAD arrived in a priority mail envelope. Impressive lol.

Lol great news! I always check to see your progress, congrats

AOS/EAD&AP Timeline

▪12/19/2016: AOS & EAD/AP mailed. (Day 00)

▪12/21/2016: Package signed for at Chicago Lockbox. (Day 02)

▪01/06/2017: Text/Email notification of acceptance confirmation from USCIS. (Day 18)

▪01/10/2017: Physical mail NOA received. (Day 22)

▪01/21/2017: Received Biometrics Appointment via mail (Bio. Appointment 01/30/2017). (Day 33)

▪03/01/2017: EAD/AP approved/sent for production. (Day 70)

▪03/06/2017: Received approval receipts by mail for both EAD & AP. (Day 75)

▪03/08/2017: Received EAD/AP combo card. (Day 77)

▪11/25/2017: Received Green card in mail. (Day 339)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Just now, BK2017 said:

Care to share some USCIS gossip?;) I think we all want to know how USCIS works... because I'm clueless lol

just that there is a congressional unit in every office whose jobs is to attend to congreswoman/men's queries. papers get processed from a storage in uscis and each IO will scan a few files to themselves and they get judged on how many cases they process. sometimes your file might be with someone who checked it in and then went on vacation but forgot to chekc it out. so basically it;s sitting on their desk waiting to get approved. which is what i was worried about! and that's when it helps to get help. Also when you expedite it , it will get removed from the pile go through expedite and put back into the expedite processing. so when your congressman/woman investigates it helps to first just enquire on the case because if it is processng normally then why expedite it. now if there are bumps after they hear back , you can expedite it if you have a valid reason

1 minute ago, BK2017 said:

Thanks! You're the best moral support;)

Haha you're welcome! I really love to see progress for others as I would for myself. #MakesMyDay :dancing::dance:

AOS/EAD&AP Timeline

▪01/06/2017: Text/Email notification of acceptance confirmation from USCIS. (Day 18)

▪01/21/2017: Received Biometrics Appointment via mail (Bio. Appointment 01/30/2017). (Day 33)

2 minutes ago, J-boogie said:

Update!!! 

Had my interview today it went well took us less than 10 mins only question she asked questions about who brought my son into the us and who he was living with when He was still in a Jamaica. She said she is going to order the greencard to expect it in 10 business days. My status hasn't been updated online yet. 

All the best for the rest of your journey. 

Awesomeness!!! Thanks for the update and congratulations!!! #LetThePartyBegin :dancing:

AOS/EAD&AP Timeline

5 minutes ago, J-boogie said:

Update!!! 

Had my interview today it went well took us less than 10 mins only question she asked questions about who brought my son into the us and who he was living with when He was still in a Jamaica. She said she is going to order the greencard to expect it in 10 business days. My status hasn't been updated online yet. 

Yaaay! Congrats... time to throw yourself on the floor and scream and kick around out of happiness :))) That's what I'm planning to do...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

So my attorney just sent me this note about our interview on Thursday. We were planning on bringing my job offer letter so we could get a stamp on the day and go straight to SSA and apply for my SSN so my wife can file our tax return on Monday next week.

Unfortunately, USCIS will likely not grant you an I-551 at the interview, and I would recommend against mentioning the job offer at the interview.  It could just rub some adjudicators the wrong way.

We are not very impressed with him anyway and I have heard of other people getting the stamp. Has anyone on here that got approved at the interview recently been given the stamp or the option to make an infopass to obtain the stamp?

We just want to get to the end of this and I have a start date of April 17th for my new job.

AOS: (from B1/B2)

12-21-2016 - I-485, I-130, I-765 sent

12-22-2016 - Package Received

01-06-2017 - NOA1 for I-485, I-130 & I-765

01-09-2017 - Checks Cashed

01-21-2017 - Biometrics letter (I-485 & I-765)

02-10-2017 - Biometrics appointment (I-485 & I-765)

02-10-2017 - Biometrics letter (I-485 & I-765)

01-30-2017 - Biometrics appointment, early walk-in (I-485 & I-765)

03-08-2017 - Service Request placed by phone (I-485)

03-13-2017 - Scheduled for Interview (I-485)

03-22-2017 - Service Request placed by phone (I-765)

03-27-2017 - Service Request completed (I-765)

04-12-2017 - EAD card is being produced (I-765)

04-13-2017 - Interview date (I-485 & I-130)

04-13-2017 - Application Approved (verbally) (I-485 & I-130)

04-17-2017 - Approval NOA received (I-130 & I-765)

04-20-2017 - Card was mailed notice online (I-485 & I-765)

04-24-2017 - Cards received (I-485 & I-765)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, J-boogie said:

Update!!! 

💃💃💃💃💃 congrats to you hun. Your new journey has began.

question did you put your son on the filing?

Timeline

Thanks everyone. @Bronxnyc the AOS was for my 5 yr old. I already have a greencard which I'll apply to remove conditions for later this year. My son was never put on my petition as he was still living in Jamaica at the time so we did consular processing to Start his petition. Sometime last year my husband and I didn't bother sending him back home after the summer. We enrolled him into school and started to gather our papers to file AOS on his behalf because he had an approved i130. Today as we were leaving the immigration officer advised me that I might have to put my son on my petition to remove conditions. Idk how that's gonna go but I'll figure it out. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, J-boogie said:

Update!!! 

Awesome. Congrats.

Timeline

logged in to VJ after a few weeks. Happy to see that many people got their EAD's approved. Congratulations. 

Some of you have also started getting the interview scheduled, that's awesome, coz AOS is the main point of contention here and EAD is just a minor milestone. Congratulations to those who have already given or have their interviews soon. 

For me, i checked the latest status on my AoS (i-485) by calling USCIS, they told me that it seems my file has been forwarded to my local office. The problem is my local office St. Paul Minnesota, is severely backed up and is one of the slowest in the country due to being the only office processing 3 and a half states. 

ROC Timeline

June 15, 2020: Sent package through USPS

June 18, 2020: Delivered to Arizona PO box

June 23, 2020: Credit Card Debited

June 24, 2020: E notification for case (LIN-Receipt) 

July  15, 2020: Case was updated to show that fingerprints were taken

July 16, 2020 : Official NOA letter dated July 1 was received  

July 20, 2020 : Official fingerprint taken notice dated July 15 was received

March 05, 2021: Status updated to "Card in Production"

March 06, 2021: Status updated to I-751 Approved

Timeline
1 hour ago, J-boogie said:

Thanks everyone. @Bronxnyc the AOS was for my 5 yr old. I already have a greencard which I'll apply to remove conditions for later this year. My son was never put on my petition as he was still living in Jamaica at the time so we did consular processing to Start his petition. Sometime last year my husband and I didn't bother sending him back home after the summer. We enrolled him into school and started to gather our papers to file AOS on his behalf because he had an approved i130. Today as we were leaving the immigration officer advised me that I might have to put my son on my petition to remove conditions. Idk how that's gonna go but I'll figure it out. 

Ok. Why I asked because when my daughter comes in the summer my husband and I decided not to send her back to Jamaica as well. She is six years old. What I'm wondering if he can file a petition and aos for her when she comes while mine is pending. 

5 minutes ago, Bronxnyc said:

Ok. Why I asked because when my daughter comes in the summer my husband and I decided not to send her back to Jamaica as well. She is six years old. What I'm wondering if he can file a petition and aos for her when she comes while mine is pending. 

Does she have an immigrant visa? Having her come and have her stay and do aos is fraud. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.