sebastianshaw

AOS December 2016 Filers (merged)

2,199 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thank you, @Mthldou and @p-ana  I've been doing research on applying to AP while aos is in process. It seems like I can still file it without a fee. However, it might take an extra 90 days as it is indeed a new application. :blink:  :wacko:

Why don't we live close to a fast processing local office?? 😢

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
3 minutes ago, mrs.felicia said:

Thank you, @Mthldou and @p-ana  I've been doing research on applying to AP while aos is in process. It seems like I can still file it without a fee. However, it might take an extra 90 days as it is indeed a new application. :blink:  :wacko:

Why don't we live close to a fast processing local office?? 😢

The national benefits center in Kansas City area processes the AP and yes they do take on average 90-100 days to process those applications. However, once you file, you can request an expedite process if there's an emergency in your family and you need to go there. They'd ask for proof but it's worth a try 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Mthldou said:

The national benefits center in Kansas City area processes the AP and yes they do take on average 90-100 days to process those applications. However, once you file, you can request an expedite process if there's an emergency in your family and you need to go there. They'd ask for proof but it's worth a try 

Awesome! That's a great piece of information. I could have my mom's doctor writing a letter which would probably suffice their requirements. 

I don't even like to think about my mom going trough a medical procedure and me being here without the proper paperwork to go see her. Thank you @Mthldou !

Timeline
1 hour ago, mrs.felicia said:

Awesome! That's a great piece of information. I could have my mom's doctor writing a letter which would probably suffice their requirements. 

I don't even like to think about my mom going trough a medical procedure and me being here without the proper paperwork to go see her. Thank you @Mthldou !

Yes it would be good proof. Anytime!! Good luck and ask if you need anything else. 

Getting overly anxious with all the waiting recently. 

Status is scheduled for interview right now, but I feel like that's a tease as there's no definitive time frame between that status and when to expect an interview date. I'm not sure if the processing times are accurate for my office or not.

And in the next month my husband has to accept a Grad school position and I don't want to even think about what will happen if we don't get the interview before August, he will probably have to defer an already accepted MA/ student loans and find a new job, and somewhere to live, as far as I know uscis won't consider student loans as income, and he can't lie if they ask if he's still got his job. This is all such a tight squeeze time-wise but we're hoping the processing times are correct. 

Filed AOS and I-795: 12/22/2016

Case received sms: 01/17/2017

NOA for both: 01/21/2017

RFIE: 02/13/2017

Mailed RFIE: 02/15/2017

Biometrics Appointment:02/16/2017

RFIE received by uscis, case reopened: 02/17/2017

Notification that EAD is being produced: 03/24/2017

Notification of EAD mailed: 03/31/2017

EAD received in the mail: 04/04/2017

Notification I-485 Scheduled for interview: 03/29/2017

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

So at long last my Green card and EAD finally arrived together today!!!!!

Did anyone else get the stupid little envelope to protect your card from wireless communication and is anyone using it. Where do people intend to store their cards? I'm assuming we have to carry it at all times?

So so happy!

AOS: (from B1/B2)

12-21-2016 - I-485, I-130, I-765 sent

12-22-2016 - Package Received

01-06-2017 - NOA1 for I-485, I-130 & I-765

01-09-2017 - Checks Cashed

01-21-2017 - Biometrics letter (I-485 & I-765)

02-10-2017 - Biometrics appointment (I-485 & I-765)

02-10-2017 - Biometrics letter (I-485 & I-765)

01-30-2017 - Biometrics appointment, early walk-in (I-485 & I-765)

03-08-2017 - Service Request placed by phone (I-485)

03-13-2017 - Scheduled for Interview (I-485)

03-22-2017 - Service Request placed by phone (I-765)

03-27-2017 - Service Request completed (I-765)

04-12-2017 - EAD card is being produced (I-765)

04-13-2017 - Interview date (I-485 & I-130)

04-13-2017 - Application Approved (verbally) (I-485 & I-130)

04-17-2017 - Approval NOA received (I-130 & I-765)

04-20-2017 - Card was mailed notice online (I-485 & I-765)

04-24-2017 - Cards received (I-485 & I-765)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

@Jabbie yes we all got the envelope and NO don't take it with u everywhere. Ur state or drivers lisence should suffice for regular everyday identification. If lost or stolen ur greencard cost over $600 to replace and it's also a long process. I would put it in the same place I put my passport, marriage n birth certificate n other important dox. Only take it out when necessary. 

Edited by Leebeans

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
6 hours ago, Mthldou said:

@lleaka is your case ready to be scheduled for an interview ? Mine still says RFE response received since march 20th. 

Nope . My status hasn't updated since they received my rfe response.

For now , I'm busy getting ready for the learners permit ( going tomorrow 😰) but I' ll update you when I contact them in a few to inquire about it.Curious to see what's happening to it .

Adjustement of Status Pending ( Chicago Lockbox)

Received on 12/12/2016

Checks Cashed 12/22/2016

Noas letters received 12/30

Biometrics Letter received 01/07 

Biometrics appt done ✅ 01/18

Service Request sent 02/25

RFIE sent 03/07 received 03/11

Response delivered 03/16

Uscis case updated 03/21 ( case received 03/20)

Ead/Ap in production 04/05

Ead/Ap mailed 04/11

Ead/Ap received 04/14

Timeline
30 minutes ago, lleaka said:

Nope . My status hasn't updated since they received my rfe response.

For now , I'm busy getting ready for the learners permit ( going tomorrow 😰) but I' ll update you when I contact them in a few to inquire about it.Curious to see what's happening to it .

Okay sounds good! Good luck! It's way easier than the french drivers exam. I've been driving in the US for a couple of years now and it's not too bad. And since we have received our EAD, it means that the processing resumed for the485. 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Mthldou said:

Okay sounds good! Good luck! It's way easier than the french drivers exam. I've been driving in the US for a couple of years now and it's not too bad. And since we have received our EAD, it means that the processing resumed for the485. 

Thank you @Mthldou !! Waiting in line right now, im so excited !!

I sure hope they have made progress on our cases. I'll call them in a few days .

Received on 12/12/2016

Checks Cashed 12/22/2016

Response delivered 03/16

Ead/Ap mailed 04/11

Ead/Ap received 04/14

Timeline
2 hours ago, lleaka said:

Thank you @Mthldou !! Waiting in line right now, im so excited !!

I sure hope they have made progress on our cases. I'll call them in a few days .

Oh well, permit PASSED !!! Thank you again @Mthldou , i was so stressed 😩.

Received on 12/12/2016

Checks Cashed 12/22/2016

Response delivered 03/16

Ead/Ap mailed 04/11

Ead/Ap received 04/14

17 hours ago, Leebeans said:

@Jabbie yes we all got the envelope and NO don't take it with u everywhere. Ur state or drivers lisence should suffice for regular everyday identification. If lost or stolen ur greencard cost over $600 to replace and it's also a long process. I would put it in the same place I put my passport, marriage n birth certificate n other important dox. Only take it out when necessary. 

As a non-US citizen, you are legally required to carry your immigration documents with you. This day and age it's rare to absolutely have to carry the original, but at the very least make a copy and keep it in your wallet or digital copy and have it stored somewhere you can easily access if asked to by officials. Don't get caught up and have to spend hours while they clarify your status. But a driver license is not enough to prove immigration status. Now, how it plays out in the real world is different. But better safe than sorry considering you just became a permanent resident and all. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

On April 20th my status changed to card was mailed (EAD). But I didn't get it and my USPS shows no mail/packages to my address. Should I call costumer service or wait until next week? 

My AOS journey

12/22/2016: AOS and I-130 sent

01/10/2017: Checks cashed

01/11/2017: Acceptance confirmation thru e-mails and texts  

01/17/2017: Noa in the mail

01/24/2017: Biometrics appointment letter for 02/02/2017 

02/02/2017: Biometrics taken (I've removed my piercing :(  )

01/30/2017: Got a letter saying I forgot the medical form I-693

1 hour ago, Lilith90 said:

On April 20th my status changed to card was mailed (EAD). But I didn't get it and my USPS shows no mail/packages to my address. Should I call costumer service or wait until next week? 

I say wait till Thursday, at least. It usually 3-4 business days. Heck you might even get it today. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.