Snorlux

I-751 December 2016 Filers

2,136 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, dburnt said:

Immigration is a complex topic, from all sides, as is DACA.  The problem is not necessarily with the DACA kids at all...but there are issues with blank citizenship for these kids.  Firstly, as they are undocumented (by nature of their entry) it is difficult to prove that they truly qualify as DACA.  Secondly, children continue to be in the same situation as DACA kids because parents will continue to bring over young children illegally hoping that the US will not send them back if/when they are discovered.  Where does it stop? What makes children arriving in 2007 or less more deserving?  It is the peripheral issues that will always bog down the processes.

In any case, I do not begrudge those going through DACA currently, the process they have now been given, any more than any other applicant.   There are plenty of other "legal" applicants trying to scam the system (paying for green card marriages, etc.) that bog down the process for everyone.   Our opinions are our own, and part of the beauty of this country is our right to express them.  That does not excuse name-calling and bullying of those that don't agree with them.  A little kindness goes a long way.

Could not have summed it up better myself. Love this post!=

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
16 minutes ago, shell20 said:

I agree, everyone has the right to their opinion.

However, i don't agree with naming or shaming or swearing or such.  If you have a valid point then there are ways to broach the subject, rather than calling people clowns or inferring about ones' English. (At this point,  one could become  a tad pedantic when challenging the poster). 

To be honest, I can see why the poster was upset, however i can see the other side of the coin. too  At the end of the day, no-one has a God given right to anything.  it's not our country, our land it all belongs to God.

I absolutely agree with you Shell and that was so bad to talk like that, I mean how can you make fun of someone's English. Anyway, how's is your vacation? since you file at VSC I think you would hear from them in a month or two. 

2 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

I absolutely agree with you Shell and that was so bad to talk like that, I mean how can you make fun of someone's English. Anyway, how's is your vacation? since you file at VSC I think you would hear from them in a month or two. 

It's busy Sweetheart, so busy. Hoping to hear from VSC, perhaps Jan. Still think i will get the dreaded RFE, or even more dreadful a Stokes Interview!  At least i will be slightly refreshed for whatever lands at my doorstep, until the N400! :(

Timeline
6 minutes ago, shell20 said:

It's busy Sweetheart, so busy. Hoping to hear from VSC, perhaps Jan. Still think i will get the dreaded RFE, or even more dreadful a Stokes Interview!  At least i will be slightly refreshed for whatever lands at my doorstep, until the N400! :(

Don't you worry Dear Shell, I am pretty positive you would not face any issue. I can understand your anxiety and I feel the same way sometimes but there are a thousand reasons to smile and feel good. Just enjoy the vacation :)

1 minute ago, Name O Boy said:

Don't you worry Dear Shell, I am pretty positive you would not face any issue. I can understand your anxiety and I feel the same way sometimes but there are a thousand reasons to smile and feel good. Just enjoy the vacation :)

Oh trust me, I intend to enjoy this holiday, out for NYE, going to see one of my best friends tomorrow. The NY should be a bright, postive start for all of us on VJ, as i am having no other way!! :):):)

16 hours ago, shell20 said:

I agree, everyone has the right to their opinion.

However, i don't agree with naming or shaming or swearing or such.  If you have a valid point then there are ways to broach the subject, rather than calling people clowns or inferring about ones' English. (At this point,  one could become  a tad pedantic when challenging the poster). 

To be honest, I can see why the poster was upset, however i can see the other side of the coin. too  At the end of the day, no-one has a God given right to anything.  it's not our country, our land it all belongs to God.

Many of us choose this country for freedom of religion too, as many of us dont believe in god and love being free from the idea of a man in the sky owning everything which serves us no purpose in our life, but I respect people's right of religion completely, hence why I dont go around feeling superior or inferior to a group of people, asking for religion tests or the deportation of a whole group.

Hi all 

Im a december filler and having the same troubles that everybody else .

Today I went fo second time to the uscis office and the lady that was there didnt stamp my passport. she said al least need to be 2 weeks before expiration date on the green card. 

I said all in this forums are having their passports stamped with one month on anticipation and she challenge me to show were in the uscis page say so. Please if someone saw that one month regulation let me know.

tomorrow is 3 weeks for an expiration of my green card. I told her to stamp she said NO I travel on saturday and she said ..well maybe you shouldnt travel.????.

Other thing she worries me about was she said It can not be in my italian passport stamped because I was born in other country so only will be stamped in my original passport country??????I was whatttt? I dont even have that other country passport .

she said I need to show her probe of citizenship and I said ..well you have my passport in your hand....she said its not probe of citizenship only the born certificate...I was whattttt?

She said all my papers were done were done with the born country ...that really astonish me because the copy of my passport and all the papers were done with my italian citizenship.

I showed her the copy of the forms I fill for USCIS with the dual citizenship and she said ..well those are only copies no facts

what to do ..please someone have had this kind of problems before ..help and advise.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, FEODORA said:

Hi all 

Today I went fo second time to the uscis office and the lady that was there didnt stamp my passport. she said al least need to be 2 weeks before expiration date on the green card. 

I said all in this forums are having their passports stamped with one month on anticipation and she challenge me to show were in the uscis page say so. Please if someone saw that one month regulation let me know.

tomorrow is 3 weeks for an expiration of my green card. I told her to stamp she said NO I travel on saturday and she said ..well maybe you shouldnt travel.????.

Other thing she worries me about was she said It can not be in my italian passport stamped because I was born in other country so only will be stamped in my original passport country??????I was whatttt? I dont even have that other country passport .

she said I need to show her probe of citizenship and I said ..well you have my passport in your hand....she said its not probe of citizenship only the born certificate...I was whattttt?

She said all my papers were done were done with the born country ...that really astonish me because the copy of my passport and all the papers were done with my italian citizenship.

I showed her the copy of the forms I fill for USCIS with the dual citizenship and she said ..well those are only copies no facts

what to do ..please someone have had this kind of problems before ..help and advise.

That's weird and very unprofessional from the officer. Did you show her your tickets? you can definitely get an I55-1 stamp if you are within few weeks of your GC expiration. Everything else the officer said does not make any sense to me you should have complained that to her supervisor. Keep in mind even your GC is about to expire you are a U.S resident and won't have any issue traveling outside of the country because the online systems at the airports will show your status as pending. I will advise you to schedule an appointment again if you don't find any slot just show up at the local USCIS office and tell them you are about to travel soon and need proof of your residency. People have done that in past. They do entertain people if they have an urgent need, I believe you are leaving on Saturday as you have mentioned in your post. Don't you worry.  

6 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

That's weird and very unprofessional from the officer. Did you show her your tickets? you can definitely get an I55-1 stamp if you are within few weeks of your GC expiration. Everything else the officer said does not make any sense to me you should have complained that to her supervisor. Keep in mind even your GC is about to expire you are a U.S resident and won't have any issue traveling outside of the country because the online systems at the airports will show your status as pending. I will advise you to schedule an appointment again if you don't find any slot just show up at the local USCIS office and tell them you are about to travel soon and need proof of your residency. People have done that in past. They do entertain people if they have an urgent need, I believe you are leaving on Saturday as you have mentioned in your post. Don't you worry.  

tI travel saturday morning and tomorrow the office is closed I mention this to her and showed her my tickets ... she call someone in the phone and she challenge me to show her in her screen were it said I can have my stamp 20 days before expiration. she said was only in her hands to decide when. she said make another appoinmr=ent when you came back ...(I already have one) but the first time I went to the office one week ago another officer told me ,,came next week and you will get the stamp.#######! 

57 minutes ago, FEODORA said:

Hi all 

Damn sorry to hear you found one of those, thats literally a career monkey who doesnt give a ####### about their 9-5 career and just has a general idea of what to do in autopilot and as soon as something out of the ordinary comes up they dont know what to do and try to ignore it until its someone elses problem

People do not be afraid to correct these clowns and demand to speak to higher ups until a real human speaks to you. If you are sure about what YOU are talking about you will be fine and worst come to shov a judge will certify you based on actual law. 

Edited by ApplyingforN400

Timeline
27 minutes ago, FEODORA said:

tI travel saturday morning and tomorrow the office is closed I mention this to her and showed her my tickets ... she call someone in the phone and she challenge me to show her in her screen were it said I can have my stamp 20 days before expiration. she said was only in her hands to decide when. she said make another appoinmr=ent when you came back ...(I already have one) but the first time I went to the office one week ago another officer told me ,,came next week and you will get the stamp.#######! 

You don't need to worry you are a permanent resident regardless of not having an I55-1 stamp. Everything is computerized these days and the have your resident status. 

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 1:35 PM, Name O Boy said:

Same here, I 751 process caused too much stress for us this year. Not to think about it is not practical, all we can do is focus on the bright side of our lives. Never let it steal the smiles. We have to hang in there elegantly !

On 12/27/2017 at 3:00 PM, dburnt said:

Immigration is a complex topic, from all sides, as is DACA.  The problem is not necessarily with the DACA kids at all...but there are issues with blank citizenship for these kids.  Firstly, as they are undocumented (by nature of their entry) it is difficult to prove that they truly qualify as DACA.  Secondly, children continue to be in the same situation as DACA kids because parents will continue to bring over young children illegally hoping that the US will not send them back if/when they are discovered.  Where does it stop? What makes children arriving in 2007 or later, less deserving?  It is the peripheral issues that will always bog down the processes.

In any case, I do not begrudge those going through DACA currently, the process they have now been given, any more than any other applicant.   There are plenty of other "legal" applicants trying to scam the system (paying for green card marriages, etc.) that bog down the process for everyone.   Our opinions are our own, and part of the beauty of this country is our right to express them.  That does not excuse name-calling and bullying of those that don't agree with them.  A little kindness goes a long way.

Thats not how bullying works. You bully a person whether face to face or online, you cant bully an annonymous poster online you know nothing about. As for name calling, it is protected as an opinion under freedom of speech. 

As such my opinion stands that anyone who says "so much for trump deporting everyone to speed up my process" is an inhuman pig and a moron 

Edited by ApplyingforN400

Applications by the numbers..  I think its information that all of us need to have in mind as we wait for our applications to be reviewing and approved.

ROC

5/31/17 mailed packet to CSC priority mail

6/05/17 NOA1 received.  (Dated 6/1/2017)

6/17/17 NOA2 received.  Biometrics Appt. on 6/27

6/27/17 Biometrics completed

Hi All,

Quick question.. my wife is a December filer and we just went to Los Angeles USCIS office by infopass to get her I-551 stamp (Her extension letter extends her residency until 02/05/2018, so we went about a month before expiration date).

She did get her I-551 stamp on her Passport (Extending it to Jan 1st 2019) but they made a hole in her expired 2 yr conditional physical card and took it away. I re-asked if they are suppose to take the card and the officer said yes.

Is this normal? Just double checking..

Also the officer informed that they are expecting I751 cases to be approved within 1yr 3 months to 1yr 6months.

Thanks all

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.