Snorlux

I-751 December 2016 Filers

2,136 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Norway
Timeline
On 12/7/2017 at 5:54 PM, Scazy said:

This is clearly wrong. Some of December fillers at VSC getting approvals already 

You guys do know this whole delay is because our beloved president and his extreme vetting policies right? If not for Trump we would have been approved at least 6 months ago. just saying.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Green card received yesterday!!    Now to get through citizenship and we are done with this whole process.   Good luck to everyone waiting

N-400

02/23/2019 - Filed N-400

02/23/2019 - NOA

03/18/2019 - Biometrics Appointment

12 hours ago, coolgchat said:

You guys do know this whole delay is because our beloved president and his extreme vetting policies right? If not for Trump we would have been approved at least 6 months ago. just saying.

I'm sorry, but I have absolutely zero problem with the proper (i.e. thorough) vetting of applicants.  The problem is not the policy, but the fact that insufficient staff were hired and trained to pick up the slack.  Just my two cents

Filed: Other Country: Norway
Timeline
41 minutes ago, dburnt said:

I'm sorry, but I have absolutely zero problem with the proper (i.e. thorough) vetting of applicants.  The problem is not the policy, but the fact that insufficient staff were hired and trained to pick up the slack.  Just my two cents

I'm sorry, and who's in charge of hiring sufficient staff? Who's in charge of training them so they can "pick up the slack"?

Do you think our beloved President really cares for us more than he cares for the Muslims? He's anti-immigration period. It doesn't matter if you're legal or not. It looks like some people still hold fantasies about him. good luck. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
15 hours ago, coolgchat said:

If that's the case then why VSC is approving applicants under a year. The problem lies with CSC. GOD knows what is going on at CSC

20 hours ago, coolgchat said:

I'm sorry, and who's in charge of hiring sufficient staff? Who's in charge of training them so they can "pick up the slack"?

Do you think our beloved President really cares for us more than he cares for the Muslims? He's anti-immigration period. It doesn't matter if you're legal or not. It looks like some people still hold fantasies about him. good luck. 

What I think of the President is irrelevant.  He is not in charge of training or hiring.  In fact, the law he signed in May provided DHS with $1.8 B more than their budget request for the year, so you can't even say that it was his lack of funding for his policies that are the issue...pure and simple, it is how the centers are run that is the problem - how they allocate staff, and how they prioritize (or not) different applications.  <shrug> If the VSC can manage, the CSC should also be able to.  Personally, each step in the process has taken longer than I hoped, but not really longer than I expected.  Federal bureaucracy  takes time because they haven't automated what they should (in this day and age, background checks with an American law enforcement agency could be fully automated).  While it's inconvenient, all it is costing me is time.

The whole process from K1 to AOS went quickly for me, pretty much met the processing goals for all of it. K1 was actually quicker than I expected. It's just ROC that's been painfully slow so far. I miss when the Vermont service center was the slow lane and CA was the place to be lol.

I'm glad this hasn't affected my job or anything, plus I was able to leave/re-enter the country with no issues. Just looking forward to that feeling of my place in the US (which has very much become my home) being more cemented..

Only thing I'm unsure of is getting my license renewed. They have only ever renewed it for a year at a time going by the expiry date of whatever document I had at the time. But this time I'm going to have an expired green card and my extension letter will be expired.

Must be specific to your state.  My first license was only one year as I only had AOS, but after the year, mine is now good to 2023.  I'm guessing you would need the passport stamp, and you'll get another one year license?

Has anybody had any issues with maintaining your employment because your green card is about to expire?

I'm about to apply for a new job and I am afraid they would not be able to hire me since my green card is end dated to Jan 13, 2018.

33 minutes ago, poopypants said:

Has anybody had any issues with maintaining your employment because your green card is about to expire?

I'm about to apply for a new job and I am afraid they would not be able to hire me since my green card is end dated to Jan 13, 2018.

You can still apply. Just show them your extension letter. They will honor that without any further questions. 😃

5 hours ago, dburnt said:

Must be specific to your state.  My first license was only one year as I only had AOS, but after the year, mine is now good to 2023.  I'm guessing you would need the passport stamp, and you'll get another one year license?

hmm maybe, that's kinda the only way I can see this working. the idaho DMV still considers me "temporary" it's super annoying. I've had to go back in every year since I got my license..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, jeffkadrliktorr said:

hmm maybe, that's kinda the only way I can see this working. the idaho DMV still considers me "temporary" it's super annoying. I've had to go back in every year since I got my license..

The same is in Ohio.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cyprus
Timeline
2 minutes ago, jeffkadrliktorr said:

I've lived in NY and FL and both states gave me an unconditional driver's license with my 2 year greencard.. Now I live in NJ and they gave me a temporary immigrant driver's license which of course I have to renew every 1 year.. terrible.

AOS Journey:

9/19/2014: AOS Package (i130, i485, i765 and i131) sent to Chicago lockbox using USPS Certified mail

12/3/2014: EAD and Advanced Parole in Production :dancing:

12/12/2014: EAD/AP Card received

1/23/2015: Interview is Scheduled for February 27!

1/28/2015: Interview Letter Received

3/10/2015: Greencard Received

12/3/2016: Filed i751 at California Service Center

12/4/2016: Filed N400 - Dallas TX

2/18/2018: i751 Case transferred to Local Office

2/26/2018: i751 Case received at Local Office

1/5/2018: i751 Case Transferred And New Office Has Jurisdiction

3/5/2018: Another update saying i751 Case Transferred And New Office Has Jurisdiction

5/7/2018: Received Letter stating i751 Case transferred to National Benefits Center, Lee's Summit, MO 64064

5/30/2018: Interview scheduled for N400

7/11/2018: Attended interview and was informed it will be a combo N400/I751 interview

8/6/2018: N400 Approved

8/7/2018: I751 Approved

9/5/2018: Oath Ceremony missed due to travel abroad and letter sent to USCIS to reschedule ceremony

10/2/2018: Officially a US Citizen! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.