Snorlux

I-751 December 2016 Filers

2,136 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Linalina said:

Yes, i am actually out of the country right now and will be traveling back with expired GC and letter that was issued more than year ago, but a month before GC extension expiration. Some of my friends have traveled couple times back and forth with exp GC and letter, was no problem.

Wow! Hmm, I am so excited to visit my country. I really missed my Parents and siblings. I haven’t been home since I got here last 2014. I got my ROC filed, with GC expired and NOA. I believed I will need to get a I-551 stamp at USCIS. 

But my main problem is my former spouse.. We got divorced in 2016. Still, I know he’s still trying to get rid of me. Threats of Deportation. I am so scared going out of the country cause he might block me from getting back in. I don’t know! Being with him was traumatic. 😭

1 hour ago, Family👨👩👧👦 said:

Wow! Hmm, I am so excited to visit my country. I really missed my Parents and siblings. I haven’t been home since I got here last 2014. I got my ROC filed, with GC expired and NOA. I believed I will need to get a I-551 stamp at USCIS. 

But my main problem is my former spouse.. We got divorced in 2016. Still, I know he’s still trying to get rid of me. Threats of Deportation. I am so scared going out of the country cause he might block me from getting back in. I don’t know! Being with him was traumatic. 😭

There's no way he can block you, that's a misbelief, he can only withdraw petition if you applied as couple, if you did it by yourself, there's nothing he can do.

41 minutes ago, Linalina said:

There's no way he can block you, that's a misbelief, he can only withdraw petition if you applied as couple, if you did it by yourself, there's nothing he can do.

41 minutes ago, Linalina said:

Linalina, Thank you so much for giving so much time to feed me with your knowlegde. Yes, that’s true, I filed my ROC by myself. Hmm, Wish me luck on Feb, I really wanna see my Parents and Siblings. Hope I’m all setup with my Passport, I-551 stamp, Expired GC and NOA

I want to make sure that I can go back here without a problem. I am the bread winner of my Family, I can’t easily give up! 

Best, 

Family

On 11/12/2017 at 3:59 AM, Nissart said:

Hi All,

just for your info, RFE is not automatic,  unless documentation you provided is not sufficient or your case is suspicious

That's absolutely right. However, some people like myself are concerned about RFE's due to lack of sufficient evidence. I am expecting one due to the fact all the bills, mortgage etc are in my husbands name, for personal reasons. I don't even mind getting an interview, which ever is quicker really.

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

33 minutes ago, Scazy said:

A lot of people here and other threads have "fees were waived"  glitch

What do you mean glitch? Mine too, it says “fees are waived”. 

27 minutes ago, Family👨👩👧👦 said:

What do you mean glitch? Mine too, it says “fees are waived”. 

It's an error at the system, you can't rely on a case status online. I saw some people had their status changed from "fees were waived" when the case got approved, other s never got any update online but did received approval/ RFE at the mail. 

1 hour ago, Scazy said:

It's an error at the system, you can't rely on a case status online. I saw some people had their status changed from "fees were waived" when the case got approved, other s never got any update online but did received approval/ RFE at the mail. 

Thanks for the info, Scazy! Hmm, hope everything will be fine. Its gonna be 1year and 1month on Dec 2 since I filed my ROC. I’m praying for the best. God bless everyone! ☝🏻🙏🏻

4 hours ago, Scazy said:

I never got any update on my case since receiving I-797 form, and as far as i see, not many can check their status online....

14 hours ago, shell20 said:

That's absolutely right. However, some people like myself are concerned about RFE's due to lack of sufficient evidence. I am expecting one due to the fact all the bills, mortgage etc are in my husbands name, for personal reasons. I don't even mind getting an interview, which ever is quicker really.

We have all bills separated as in our area there can be only one name on utilities accounts. We just included mine as second contact name, our cars and house are on leasing contracts on his name as well. we only have insurance together and the CHILD which i hope with be enough not to give me RFE to prove sincere relationship))))

7 hours ago, Linalina said:

We have all bills separated as in our area there can be only one name on utilities accounts. We just included mine as second contact name, our cars and house are on leasing contracts on his name as well. we only have insurance together and the CHILD which i hope with be enough not to give me RFE to prove sincere relationship))))

I wouldn't worry too much. i don't even have that. Don't drive, have no bills in my name whatsoever, hence expecting an RFE although I did explain with a letter.  It is what it is, they can't get blood out of a stone nor can I produce what I just don't have. 

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

17 minutes ago, mamosc said:

I just have spoken to a uscis representative and he said I should have received the biometric appointment within 30 days . Is it true? I never heard before there is a time frame within to be called for the appt

When did you filed your ROC? If its December 2016, you should get your biometrics done by January 2017 and get NOA too. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.