Snorlux

I-751 December 2016 Filers

2,136 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Hey guys, asking here since I assume some of you already started filling in your N400 applications. I noticed there's a place where it asks you to write the total number of days spend outside the USA during the last 5 years.

For those of us who have only been in the USA for the last 3 years (naturalization after marriage), writing down the complete dates will make it seem as if we were out of the country for 2 whole years :S Isn't that bad or something? Should we only put down travel dates from the day we became residents onwards?

2 minutes ago, ZeeQ said:

Hey guys, asking here since I assume some of you already started filling in your N400 applications. I noticed there's a place where it asks you to write the total number of days spend outside the USA during the last 5 years.

For those of us who have only been in the USA for the last 3 years (naturalization after marriage), writing down the complete dates will make it seem as if we were out of the country for 2 whole years :S Isn't that bad or something? Should we only put down travel dates from the day we became residents onwards?

Hi, sorry but it's totally out of topic. We discussing ROC in this thread, I think you'll get a better help at n400 threads. 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Scazy said:

Hi, sorry but it's totally out of topic. We discussing ROC in this thread, I think you'll get a better help at n400 threads. 

Hi, I'm sorry but I think the post is relevant. I'm sure most of us waiting to hear back on the I-751 are almost ready to submit N-400 applications and this is one of the items we'll have to fill out. Thought it's more relevant here because we're the only ones who have to wait 3 years to apply unlike the general N-400 pool that has to wait for 5 years.

15 minutes ago, ZeeQ said:

Hi, I'm sorry but I think the post is relevant. I'm sure most of us waiting to hear back on the I-751 are almost ready to submit N-400 applications and this is one of the items we'll have to fill out. Thought it's more relevant here because we're the only ones who have to wait 3 years to apply unlike the general N-400 pool that has to wait for 5 years.

N 400 is not relevant to I 751 because it's 2 different processes. A lot of ppl choose not to file n400 because there has been information from different sources that it might delay the whole process, or other reasons. In this thread we only discussing ROC, but not questions about filling out n400 form. Besides, the questions on form about leaving the country is the same no matter when you file in 3 or 5 years, so please post in appropriate threads. Thank you 

Edited by Scazy

1 hour ago, ZeeQ said:

I actually posted this question on the N400 forum last month.  Check out the replies there.

Timeline
Just now, dburnt said:

I actually posted this question on the N400 forum last month.  Check out the replies there.

Oh great, can you let me know which Month forum did you post it on?

Thanks a lot!!

1 hour ago, ZeeQ said:

Remember that not everyone filing i-751 immigrated by marriage...

1 minute ago, ZeeQ said:

Thanks a lot!!

Posted into Citizenship discussion, Oct. 13 (Help on N-400 Part 9)

9 hours ago, ZeeQ said:

Thanks a lot!!

I just bumped at your messsge At November 2016 fillers thread posted on 7 August saying that you received a notice for I 751 interview however there is no reply from you on questions that other VJ's asked such as which office you filed and what have you submitted originally since you January 2016 filler and that is very interesting timing vise. Would you be able to let us know if you did had your 7-751 interview / how did it went / which office you filled in? Thank you 

Original post: 

Hi everyone,

I am from the January 2017 filers group and I just got a letter in my mail today for the i-751 interview. Doesn't provide much information just gives a date and time for the interview and asks me to bring along my spouse, my conditional green card, the letter, ID, proof of bonafide marriage and 2 passport size photographs. Anyone else gotten the same letter or know what the interview process is like?

Timeline
9 hours ago, Scazy said:

I just bumped at your messsge At November 2016 fillers thread posted on 7 August saying that you received a notice for I 751 interview however there is no reply from you on questions that other VJ's asked such as which office you filed and what have you submitted originally since you January 2016 filler and that is very interesting timing vise. Would you be able to let us know if you did had your 7-751 interview / how did it went / which office you filled in? Thank you 

Original post: 

Hi everyone,

I am from the January 2017 filers group and I just got a letter in my mail today for the i-751 interview. Doesn't provide much information just gives a date and time for the interview and asks me to bring along my spouse, my conditional green card, the letter, ID, proof of bonafide marriage and 2 passport size photographs. Anyone else gotten the same letter or know what the interview process is like?

Hi Scazy,

I actually did post details on how my interview went and what questions I was asked on the forum itself, you may have to scroll through later posts to find it. A summary is that i was a CSC applicant, had my i-751 interview since i got a letter for it and then got approved for my GC after the interview. Don't have a lot of details/speculations on why I was chosen for the interview

On 11/1/2017 at 10:44 PM, Davejj said:

It was easy.. I was out within 15 mins.

Did somebody got the same message while trying to make an appointment for an Infopass

Capture.JPG

I called immigration today and for the ones being related to the california center, just letting you know they are treating the ROC for the 3rd of August 2016. 

it looks like it will take 15 month total if everything is going well. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.