Snorlux

I-751 December 2016 Filers

2,136 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, meandmine said:

If I were you, I will wait the approval of my case before traveling abroad because it will be extremely critical with all kind of difficulties  to handle that situation if the denial letter will be issued and I m not here in USA.

I don’t want to put my life on hold just because of fears. That being said, after reviewing of LPR rights ( I created another thread ) it came to my knowledge that you entitled to a hearing with a judge in things go that way. I also think if something is not in proper order with petition then you at least get RFE or interview as a chance to prove your marriage. There is people still waiting for months AND for years like being stuck at background check etc. “Sit and wait” is not an option for everyone. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:19 AM, Val2014 said:

Are you going to get a will or poa created for this request?

I'm not sure, some people said I don't have to do or get a will, but it defiantly helps.  

Timeline
On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:32 AM, NeyNey876 said:

I got basically the same RFE. But the lawyer that I spoke with told me that they want to see ALL details of years from 2015-2017 or up until you submitted. I’m talking line by line bank statements, all 3 years tax returns with w2s. Time line of pictures from 2015 tll now. 

He said most people don’t have POA or Will so it’s an option not a necessity. 

actually that's what I'm going to do and thank you for mentioning the pictures because we can add some pics from our vacations.

I'm going to post everything I'm going to send before mailing the envelope. 

Timeline
On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:24 PM, clgee said:

You can add your wife"s name to the deed of the house. This is what my husband did. We just had to fill out a form, get it witnessed and send it in. There may be tax implications though. https://www.wikihow.com/Add-a-Spouse-to-a-Deed

thanks for reply, I'll Try that next on Monday hopefully it goes smoothly. 

Timeline
On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:35 PM, Scazy said:

@Oaltawel get TAX Transcripts and account summaries for past 2 years at IRS. More bank statements, bills ( After the day you filed  for roc), you don’t have to add your spouse to deed- unless you would do this regardless of RFE. A cover letter with explanation that you purchased house before you even met would serve the purpose. Does she order online? Like amazon with her name and your address, letters, correspondence.  Check with doctors office is your have each other as emergency contact, get a copy of patient record. Moral of the story: send whatever you can, and explain whatever you don’t in cover letter and I’m sure you’ll be approved. 

you gave some more things to add which's great ideas, my wife buys a lot online and I still have some of the shipping label having her name. plus she receive mails from doctors, insurance. etc... 

thanks for these ideas.

Timeline
22 hours ago, meandmine said:

Hi, please post the third page of the letter you received so we can post our complete remarks, until then, just focus on the letter of REF  VERY SERIOUSLY as this IS THE LAST CHANCE TO SUBMIT THE  documents they want,, like your all marriage documents, birth certificate of your baby born in USA and the financial ties with your spouse in USA. TILL  THAT TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOUR PAPER WORK AND post THE LAST PAGE OF YOUR REF you received. GOOD LUCK.

that's what scares us, that's the last chance to submit documents. the third page has nothing but the address I should mail the docs. to

thanks everybody for answers, they helped me a lot. will keep you posted

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
23 hours ago, Marloon said:

I don’t want to put my life on hold just because of fears. That being said, after reviewing of LPR rights ( I created another thread ) it came to my knowledge that you entitled to a hearing with a judge in things go that way. I also think if something is not in proper order with petition then you at least get RFE or interview as a chance to prove your marriage. There is people still waiting for months AND for years like being stuck at background check etc. “Sit and wait” is not an option for everyone. 

You are absolutely right. May you proceed what you feel more important is for your .With all best wishes good luck.

On 7/2/2018 at 6:02 AM, Mareshalu said:

Is anyone else around this range case from Vermont still waiting here? EAC17066##### (66th work day)

I didn't know Vermont still have pending case, I thought VSC is way ahead of Dec.2016. 

It's is so very sad that I've been waiting 19 months, not even have a time frame for the rest of wait.

17 hours ago, frigatebird said:

I didn't know Vermont still have pending case, I thought VSC is way ahead of Dec.2016. 

It's is so very sad that I've been waiting 19 months, not even have a time frame for the rest of wait.

Yup. Waiting for pending security checks. That's all they're telling me for now. Too long...

2 hours ago, Mareshalu said:

Yup. Waiting for pending security checks. That's all they're telling me for now. Too long...

What they did is just ridiculous, it's so unfortunate that we have to endure all of this. Sadly, there is no way for our customers to file complaint. They can push out the normal process time however they want, 18 ~ 20 months can be called as normal processing time.

We're going to be out of the country on holiday for 3 weeks in August... was really hoping to have my new card by then but it's looking unlikely. I'm starting to get worried I'll hear from them with some kind of RFE or interview notice or something while we're away and miss a deadline. Has anyone contacted USCIS to tell them you're away and you will be unavailable during particular dates? Maybe I'm over-thinking it, but missing an interview notice because we were on holiday is my worst fear! My last letter for biometrics gave me less than a week's notice by the time it was delivered :\

2 hours ago, Cielle.Cielle said:

We're going to be out of the country on holiday for 3 weeks in August... was really hoping to have my new card by then but it's looking unlikely. I'm starting to get worried I'll hear from them with some kind of RFE or interview notice or something while we're away and miss a deadline. Has anyone contacted USCIS to tell them you're away and you will be unavailable during particular dates? Maybe I'm over-thinking it, but missing an interview notice because we were on holiday is my worst fear! My last letter for biometrics gave me less than a week's notice by the time it was delivered :\

Keep an eye on your mail with informed delivery. And I think if they ask for RFE then it's due date is like ~45 days if I'm not mistaken. I'm in the same boat, leaving soon for 3 weeks. 

11 hours ago, Cielle.Cielle said:

RFE is 89 days to respond 

interview usually a month in advance 

Have someone to check your mail and sign up for informed delivery, worse case you’ll have to return earlier but that’s very unlikely. No you can’t put “travel notice” with USICS. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.