ricky90501

How do I know where my AOS is being processed?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Is there a way of finding out what field office is processing your I-485 for K-1 relative? Should I have received a forwarding notice or am I to assume it is the local field office in my city?

Thanks

Forwarding notice: did you move? If you did, did you file the Change of Address?

We moved from California to Texas to Arkansas while my wife went through her processing. We filed changes of address each time. She did some of her processing in California, some of her interviews in Texas, and some in Arkansas. Her files followed us through the moves...each field office we went to had the updated file.

You can *probably* expect to be in the San Francisco field office. See below. Note that they use counties as divisions for the different field offices, so make sure the county you're in matches the office you're looking at.

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices/california

Regards,

Bill

Edited by Bill and Vicky

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Great, thanks Bill! No, we have not moved from San Francisco. So, I presume our file is with the SF local office.

Thanks,

Richard

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

If you ask for an info pass meeting they will tell you what's your local office by the county u reside in I believe, we are in Sacremento field office but Laguna is handling my husbands file.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.