Crazycatlady

Husband came on visit visa and was denied entry! Help!!!!

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

The immigration visa interview he will have some time next year

It won't cause a problem as long as he's honest about what happened.

Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: Timeline

because coming to the us with the intention of adjusting his status is fraud. the fraud of using a visa for a purpose other than what it was intended for.

to put it very bluntly immigration law is not ment to be nice to the immigrant or the family of the immigrant it is there to protect the people in the US from undesirable people and to protect our way of life. it protects us from undesirable people by doing extensive background checks before they arrive in the US and to protects our way of life by limiting who is allowed to immigrate which protects jobs.

Firstly it's meant*.

Secondly the waving of hands in the air claiming fraud is all too prevalent on this website and it's quite tiresome!

You win no brownie points for it! There's no accolade for the number of times a month you post the word fraud at someone.

Thirdly anyone can see from the OP that it was an error. There was no intent to defraud as the last thing you would do is tell a border patrol officer is that you are planning to circumvent immigration laws!!

Not everyone researches the rules as thoroughly as they should as this denial could have been avoided by realising what the proper route is. That way a visit to be with each other could still have happened at least.

Fourthly the laws are there to ensure people immigrate legally, it doesn't filter out "undesirables" actually, yes criminals would have a hard time to enter but I can tell you I know some rather obnoxious rude GC holders who are here legally. I sure see them as less than desirable!

As for protecting jobs... there are no limits set in spousal visas, the laws are not there for that purpose although there are limits to work visas if that's what you.... meant.

Filed: Timeline

hi , i tried to visit my husband by applying for tourist visa since 5 years ago , the consular officer denied my visa because he believe that i don t have strong ties to reurn to my country and i have intent to change the statut when wish they don t accept , , but i would like just to visit him , people who apply for tourist visa always are asked about the purpose of caming to usa their ansewer must be short stay and they must proof that they will return back such us having good job.and consular must accept that proof , when my visa was refused i was shocked ,because i had great job and salary and my husband had very good income that can support me , i asked the officer why my visa is refused he told me apply for spouse visa lot of people left but didn t came back , i left the consulat with tears because i should wait 4 years my husband didn t have citizenship at that time , i waited 3.5 years i remember that i got appointement letter exactly when i delivered my baby i make follow to join after one month i came to consulat again meeting the same person that denied my tourist visa he gave me visa for me and my daughter he told me u will get 10 years green card for u and your daughter because your marriage is above 3 years ,it s better than caming alone in a stange country , dont worry because u was denied tourist visa , better it was denied apply for spousal visa each visa has special rule if one type of visa was denied its not all visa will not be accepted just because when u apply for tourist visa u have to proof that u dont have intent to stay and u have to give them strong ties that u are going to came back .but immigrant visa u have to give them proof that it s real marriage u have to bring ceremoney pictures texting letters, transfer money receipt, pictures with family , u have to memorize when u met eatchother exactly, and family memebres of the spouse ..i was not asked to show proof because i had marriage certificate and baby , but i saw a lot of people holfing ceremony pic, party pic , good luck .

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So....even though the immigration officer said for us to file and my husband has been to the US twice never over staying and has been compliant those two times. I feel if we were trying to do wrong he could have done it before but we made the error n now we are following as they said why should we be punished for this? What could happen for us?

I mean they may never accept him?

You have to realize the blurred line. Coming on a visitors visa knowing that you plan to file for your green card and remain beyond the 6 months is immigration fraud. It is considered an attempt to circumvent immigration law. I do not believe that you will have any problems with your filing, but this will come up in his interview.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

You have to realize the blurred line. Coming on a visitors visa knowing that you plan to file for your green card and remain beyond the 6 months is immigration fraud. It is considered an attempt to circumvent immigration law. I do not believe that you will have any problems with your filing, but this will come up in his interview.

And when it does come up it won't cause any problems because if OP's husband was planning fraud, the last thing he would have done was to announce this to the CBP officer.

Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.