ashp

VSC lose my petition, now I have to refile.

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well,

As I talked about in my other thread, VSC 'lost' my petition when attempting to mail it to the NVC, back in November. We escalated this to our local senator and they eventually admitted it was lost, but they had an electronic record and they would reissue and expedite it.

They just called us back today to inform us this won't happen and we will have to refile. My fiancee was too upset to make sense of the whole thing but they are apparently emailing us some special instructions.

THIS IS SO UNFAIR, because of their screwup I now have to refile my entire petition, regather all the paperwork etc. I have a duplicate of it all in my house in the UK, but I now have to send this over, she has to get some stuff re-signed and so forth.

This is the most upsetting day ever and I have lost ALL faith in their ability to do a damn thing for us.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UGH. That's a bad break.

The positive news is that you're doing it through Vermont, and not California.

Best wishes!

AOS:

02/29/2008 - Wedding Day!

03/29/2008 - Mailed AOS packet to Chicago registered mail

04/04/2008 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

04-10-2008 - Check cashed!

04-12-2008 - NOA1s arrive for AP & AOS

04-18-2008 - Biometrics appt letter arrives

04-29-2008 - Biometrics appointment!

04-30-2008 - AOS status shows up online

05-16-2008 - AP status shows up online - both AP & AOS are touched!

06-05-2008 - AP touched and email sent saying AP has been approved

06-12-2008 - AP arrives in the mail

07-10-2008 - Interview letter arrives - interview scheduled for 09/05/08

09-05-2008 - Interview in SF (don't bring your cellphone!) -- approved! Email sent saying card has been ordered!

09-13-2008 - Welcome to the United States letter arrives

09-15-2008 - Green card arrives in the mail! YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hang in there. I know it sucks. All I've ever heard is how fast VSC is compared to CSC. This is the first bad thing I've read about VSC. Makes you wonder if they're going so fast, how many people is this happening to that we don't know about? :o

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

I am VERY surprised - that is such a crock!!!! :angry: They damn well better not make you pay the $170 again!

Yes - you're lucky it is Vermont, but they still ought to expedite it through.

And chain it around someone's neck when it goes from VSC to NVC... :whistle:

SA4userbar.jpg

Well,

As I talked about in my other thread, VSC 'lost' my petition when attempting to mail it to the NVC, back in November. We escalated this to our local senator and they eventually admitted it was lost, but they had an electronic record and they would reissue and expedite it.

They just called us back today to inform us this won't happen and we will have to refile. My fiancee was too upset to make sense of the whole thing but they are apparently emailing us some special instructions.

THIS IS SO UNFAIR, because of their screwup I now have to refile my entire petition, regather all the paperwork etc. I have a duplicate of it all in my house in the UK, but I now have to send this over, she has to get some stuff re-signed and so forth.

This is the most upsetting day ever and I have lost ALL faith in their ability to do a damn thing for us.

I am so so sorry :((( This is so unfair

Removal of conditions...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sometimes the question is raised about why the guides suggest that you make two copies of your petition. This is one of those rare occurences where it would be needed...

I hope the "special" instructions you recieve means "IMMEDIATE EXPEDITE"... good luck...

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Don't dwell on it, I really hope you don't have to pay the $170 fee again. BUT like the others said, be glad you're going through Vermont, so it could only take 2-4 weeks to be approved.

Best of luck.

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I am VERY surprised - that is such a crock!!!! :angry: They damn well better not make you pay the $170 again!

Yes - you're lucky it is Vermont, but they still ought to expedite it through.

And chain it around someone's neck when it goes from VSC to NVC... :whistle:

Apparently they said we won't have to repay and she mentioned a 'special address' so it may not be awful, it may be a case of I send all the paperwork to one person somewhere who immediately does it. However, as they have an EAC approval number recorded for us, it's unfair for us to have to do it at all. :(

Apparently they said we won't have to repay and she mentioned a 'special address' so it may not be awful, it may be a case of I send all the paperwork to one person somewhere who immediately does it. However, as they have an EAC approval number recorded for us, it's unfair for us to have to do it at all. :(

I hear you - but I suppose if they have no 'physical' file to send to the consulate, there is nothing the consulate can do to process it. I wonder if they won't somehow 'connect' your new physical file with your old case number and subsequent approval.

You will have to let us know what these special instructions are; and hopefully it will include immediate expediting.

SA4userbar.jpg

I hope you get a speedy approval!, what a pain in the ###, I'd be hysterical as well. I went through Vermont and they seemed pretty thorough, you'll get there! we all wish you the greatest of luck! :star:

.png

.png

2/5/07 - 2 Year Green Card arrives!!! YAY!!!!

5/10/08 - Received RI Driver's License!

11/10/08 - Removing Conditions - Sent package out!

11/19/08 - Received Notice of Action - 1 year extension on my current green card - now waiting for biometrics letter.

11/28/08 - Received biometrics letter.

12/12/08 - Biometrics appointment - 10am.

01/13/09 - Still waiting............

06/08/09 - Card in production and on it's way!

06/22/09 - Received 10 Year Green Card! YAY!!

happy13.gif thforevertogether.gif

thNevergiveup.gif love9.gif

blinkie18.gif

Made_in_England.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

im sorry to hear that...

but i dont think that you will have to start all over again...

blackribbonsmall.png

Walk with the angels

let them keep you safe

we'll join you one day

in that wonderful place

stand on the clouds and never forget

we're holding on to you

in our memories and thoughts

until one day we'll meet again

Truly missed but never forgotten:

Diana

RIP 1982-08/2008

Verena

RIP 1983-03/2008

Daddy

RIP

"IMMIGRATION" PROCESS (TIMELINE):CLICK HERE

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

This sort of thing makes me shake my head and sigh in utter disgust ! What the mess is wrong with this system?? Anyway, I wish you all the best in getting this straightened around. I am sorry this had to happen and all of your wait time was in vane. (F)

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Follow the instructions on the VSC website to request an expedite due to "USCIS error" which is one of the acceptable reasons for expedite. VSC seems to be more lenient on these requirements than CSC and likely will approve the expedite. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.