Never lived together.

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Annunment in Texas is discribed 2 ways

this is one you need to look into

VOIDABLE MARRIAGES

Forced Consent

If one of the spouses was forced or threatened into marriage and only entered into it under duress, the marriage is voidable and you can claim for an annulment in the court.

Fraud

If one of the spouses agreed to the marriage based on the lies or misrepresentation of the other, the marriage is voidable. A Texas court won’t grant annulment for fraud, duress or force if the spouses continued to live together after the fraud was discovered or the duress or force was no longer present.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Several off-topic or noncontributory posts, and quotes thereof, have been removed. Please restrict your comments to the OP's issue.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Op, I empathize with you but am curious.

There should have been some red flags re her not coming to live with you and the excuse of her son and school. What about school breaks?

Also with regards to USCIS, what address did you use on your application, could u be implicated in fraudulently using your address for her as well knowing she never lived with you.

It's unfortunate she used in this way and we all know love is blind.

I would suggest seeking a divorce and try to move on with your life.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Op, I empathize with you but am curious.

There should have been some red flags re her not coming to live with you and the excuse of her son and school. What about school breaks?

Also with regards to USCIS, what address did you use on your application, could u be implicated in fraudulently using your address for her as well knowing she never lived with you.

It's unfortunate she used in this way and we all know love is blind.

I would suggest seeking a divorce and try to move on with your life.

Plus 1. I am very curious about how she got the 10 year green card.

Good luck to you in this. You have received a lot of good advice.

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you everyone for the advice.

There were plenty of red flags after we got married. I thought we would be able to work through our problems when she moved here.

She always had a reason not to move. Her son was in school or her permiso/Visa expired.

When we filed out the papers we did put her as living in Mexico.

When i signed the I-864 I was only given the page to sign. I did not know anything about it until she said she wants a divorce and I will have to support her.

It was then I found out about the form and this forum.

I met with USCIS friday to let them know several things I think she is doing in violation of her green card.

I do want to thank you all.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you both for your replies. Her son was born in El Paso so he is a citizen. Early in the marriage I wanted to put them both on my insurance. My insurance wanted her sons socal security number and she would never give it to me. Always had a reason for not giving it and I finally gave up. I thought of lot of our problems would be resolved when she moved here.

A lot have people have been rough on me for being duped so I can take it.

I do Thank you for the kind words.

At the end of the day it speaks more to her character than it does yours. I'm sorry things didn't work out.

Presumably the reason she wanted the GC first was to enter the US.

Ding! Ding! Ding! She's probably moving to the US as we speak. She always wanted to come here but needed to marry somebody (and not live with him because son is in school-doesn't look suspicious) to get one so she could then move to the US by herself.

She married the OP for the GC only and the day he mailed it to her, she asked for divorce. If this isn't the clearest case of fraud, I don't know what is. But like we know, immigration won't do a thing.

OP,

Sorry you got used like this. Like has been said, divorce and move on. Looking to get her deported won't help.

Have you looked into filing for an annulment based on fraud or maybe even abandonment? You should speak to a divorce lawyer. It may be hard or expensive but if it works, I think her GC become null and void since it mean that the marriage never happened. She would have to leave or become illegal.

she said she wants a divorce and I will have to support her.

Looks like she either read it or somebody told her than if she gets you to sign the I-864, you will have to support her. Just so you know, you don't have to support her. Tell her to get a job like everybody else. No more freebies.

As for being sued by the Gov't for the I-864, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Edited by Eric-Pris

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.