crazysauce

Wife wants to go back to Phil with our baby born in Phil, We're in US now

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

They are not supposed to ask for a letter and usually have no such policy except with travel to Canada and Mexico.

I travel with my daughter internationally quite a bit and only once, about 5 years ago at a land crossing, was I asked for a letter. I always have one, but it hasn't been an issue. Maybe the border guards can see that we travel and always return? I don't know.

Yes there is do your research. I did mine because people got stopped and didn't have the letter and missed their flights.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/unitedkingdom/164203/cons-acs/sample_letter_of_consent_to_travel.pdf

Edited by USAMorocco

Yes there is do your research. I did mine because people got stopped and didn't have the letter and missed their flights.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/unitedkingdom/164203/cons-acs/sample_letter_of_consent_to_travel.pdf

I have never needed to supply a letter bringing my child in and out of the U S traveling to DR

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Timeline

They are not supposed to ask for a letter and usually have no such policy except with travel to Canada and Mexico.

I travel with my daughter internationally quite a bit and only once, about 5 years ago at a land crossing, was I asked for a letter. I always have one, but it hasn't been an issue. Maybe the border guards can see that we travel and always return? I don't know.

I meant to add this one too. http://travelwithkids.about.com/od/insurancedocuments/fl/Required-Documents-for-International-Travel-with-Kids.htm

I researched it for a while before we left. Only because my daughter's father is no where to be found and is on the birth certificate. I had to get a letter from the court saying I can leave with her. It was a mess.

Timeline

I have never needed to supply a letter bringing my child in and out of the U S traveling to DR

They just didn't ask you. It is on gov websites. If you google it there is plenty of information on it. But that's great for you. I still followed the guides given by the gov when traveling with a minor. I just thought I would put that out there for him. I am sure many people have traveled and never were asked.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I've done my research and consulted with airlines. For example, IcelandAir had never even heard of such a thing and I have never been asked entering or leaving the EU for any letters, even when moving there.

Canada and Mexico are different beasts, like I said, and individual countries might have their own policies that airlines help enforce so they don't end up having to shuttle people back to America when they are denied entry.

However, there is no such regulation that would require airlines to check such paperwork in America.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

I meant to add this one too. http://travelwithkids.about.com/od/insurancedocuments/fl/Required-Documents-for-International-Travel-with-Kids.htm

I researched it for a while before we left. Only because my daughter's father is no where to be found and is on the birth certificate. I had to get a letter from the court saying I can leave with her. It was a mess.

I think you are referring to getting a passport.

And for renewals

Edited by Anitafeliz

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Timeline

I've done my research and consulted with airlines. For example, IcelandAir had never even heard of such a thing and I have never been asked entering or leaving the EU for any letters, even when moving there.

Canada and Mexico are different beasts, like I said, and individual countries might have their own policies that airlines help enforce so they don't end up having to shuttle people back to America when they are denied entry.

However, there is no such regulation that would require airlines to check such paperwork in America.

Hmm. I am just going by what they told me when I applied for her passport. But okay. I will continue to take letter with me. It was just a bit of information to pass on to him.

I think you are referring to getting a passport.

And for renewals

No I am not. I know what I am reffering too. Because I went to court to get it. They asked me a bunch of questions before they would grant my child permission to travel with me alone. I got the passport then had to go to court to get it. try looking at the links I posted. It has nothing to do with getting a passport.

No I am not. I know what I am reffering too. Because I went to court to get it. They asked me a bunch of questions before they would grant my child permission to travel with me alone. I got the passport then had to go to court to get it. try looking at the links I posted. It has nothing to do with getting a passport.

Well idk I was traveled in 2015 and 3 times this year.....never requested of me.

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Timeline

Hmm. I am just going by what they told me when I applied for her passport.

Those people are often times not very educated. The ones in my county tried to convince me that my son who was born in America was not a US citizen because one of his parents was foreign. :lol::lol:

A letter is always a good idea for travel, but in the case of international child abductions that absolutely should not be counted on because it could be forged and is most often not asked for.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

Those people are often times not very educated. The ones in my county tried to convince me that my son who was born in America was not a US citizen because one of his parents was foreign. :lol::lol:

A letter is always a good idea for travel, but in the case of international child abductions that absolutely should not be counted on because it could be forged and is most often not asked for.

Again, I was just simply stating what I was told and after reading horror stories online and researching it I decided I want the letter with me. I will go to court and get one each time I travel. I go to Morocco so it is not even as if we have an extradition treaty with them. My worry came in because no one can get in touch with my ex. No they don't ask for it most of the time but they may and I didn't want to be stuck out there. I was just stating what I was told. It was just a tip for op...I was trying to pass on. I wasn't trying to get into a debate with anyone. As for being forged. Even when I went to the bank to write a letter for the court that I had made a good faith effort to get in touch with my ex they made me show ID and my daughter's passport to get it certified. So I guess everyone has a different account for what goes on. I am glad everyone is able to travel freely with their children. Because yes it is a hassle...I just don't take chances. That would also be my luck. I don't travel with a letter and they ask for one. I have the luck of the Irish for sure =\

As for someone telling you your son was not an American citizen. Thanks for the laugh. Every country always seems to think they know our immigration rules better than us. My fiance went for his certificate saying he is free to marry. The guy told him he needed 23 signatures saying he was single. Because that is what the USA wants. My fiance came home that day and asked me what he was talking about? I had to laugh I was like ummm no go talk to someone else. MY GOD.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/268/~/children---child-traveling-with-one-parent-or-someone-who-is-not-a-parent-or

I guess this was Instituted in September 2016 i traveled in August with her but I'm the only parent on her birth certificate.

My eldest daughter has dad I haven't traveled with her since2015 but with her I wasn't asked for it either....

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Timeline

As for someone telling you your son was not an American citizen. Thanks for the laugh. Every country always seems to think they know our immigration rules better than us. My fiance went for his certificate saying he is free to marry. The guy told him he needed 23 signatures saying he was single. Because that is what the USA wants. My fiance came home that day and asked me what he was talking about? I had to laugh I was like ummm no go talk to someone else. MY GOD.

I actually said county, not country, as in the passport office in America in the county next to the one he was born in, had no idea what jus soli or jus sanguinis was.

Edited by N-o-l-a

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/268/~/children---child-traveling-with-one-parent-or-someone-who-is-not-a-parent-or

I guess this was Instituted in September 2016 i traveled in August with her but I'm the only parent on her birth certificate.

My eldest daughter has dad I haven't traveled with her since2015 but with her I wasn't asked for it either....

We actually went up to Canada this past weekend and I didn't hand over the letter both ways even though I had it on me. No problems. It is really a variable thing.

3/26/18 Biometrics

We actually went up to Canada this past weekend and I didn't hand over the letter both ways even though I had it on me. No problems. It is really a variable thing.

I went to DR August 19 for my interview and nothing.

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.