crazysauce

Wife wants to go back to Phil with our baby born in Phil, We're in US now

44 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Get an attorney asap. When my childrens father found out that I was dating someone outside of the US, we went to court and he had it put in the court orders that I can not move my children 50 miles away without going back to court, and having an approval of a judge. Also, I disagree with whoever said it sounds like you're trying to force her to stay. You didn't ask how you can make her stay, you are asking about your child. I get that the child needs her mother, but you are the father and you do have rights to that child as well. But before you jump the gun, make sure this is her plan 100% and that she's not just going through postpartum depression. That this isn't just a threat, or a way of trying to get your attention.

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

what she may attempt to do is a felony and kidnapping (even if she is the mother), you better register the kid in the US under your name. It is not even legal to take your baby out of the state without your consent .

If the baby has a USA passport because of you how does the US not know your the Dad??

I would get a court order banning your child from leaving the US.

Once child's in Philippines you will have a hard time getting child back in US soil.

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

We don't know your whole story but I guess try your best to talk to her.. heart to heart.. ask her what's bothering her or why she is thinking of going back to Philippines. Maybe she feels homesickness! I have been here for 3 months and still battling with homesickness. It takes time to fully adjust with the kind of life you have here.

How old is the baby? When you are at work, is she and the baby left alone in the house? Again, we don't know your whole story but try to talk to her about the custody of the child.. Maybe she just said she will go back home because she can't feel the comfort, understanding, patience in her adjustment period. Back home, her family is there that can give her the warm full support that she might be looking for.

I am a Filipina and NOT all Filipinas are after the financial support. We are warm loving people, the warmness and emotional connection is more important to us. Maybe she can't feel that emotional connection from you in her transition stage so she prefers going back home, leaving everything here just to be with her family where there is love and care especially in raising the kid.

Try to put yourself in her shoes. You are in a strange place, no family here, no friends. Totally different of the simple life she used to. Simple but there is love and warmth.

If two individuals want to be together, stay together and work together, it will happen. They will make it happen.Remember, the two of you are a TEAM!

I love you more today than yesterday (L) .

If you were not married when in the Philippines (and she arrived on a K1 so you were not) the baby is legally illegitimate in the Philippines and Philippine law allows her to do as she pleases with the child, You as the father have no rights even if on the birth certificate.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Best Answer! All the information needed in one place. I wouldn't put it off.. The process on your end. Should already be taking place. Good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sounds like question was written fast for answers from a man wno is upset and just didn't explain all things

and to all

she may have thought along with her family she could come and marry, go back and ask for money to support her and the baby

this may have been planned out in her country when the family found out she was pregnant

family may be more upset as you impregnanted her when she was not married to u

register the birth if you need to here in US

i doubt you do as there is a US passport

and see an attorney

many here have already said a wife can not take a child out of a state without permission of the father

how can she take it out of the country?

where is she getting money to buy the tickets?

let her know there is no way she can force you to send money to her if she leaves and ask her to see a counselor

It's very easy to take a child out of the country. All you show is a passport for you and the child. Airlines are supposed to ask for a letter from the parent who is not their but most do not. I just took my daughter out of the country and no one asked me for the letter which I had. It's not that hard. Which is scary.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you were not married when in the Philippines (and she arrived on a K1 so you were not) the baby is legally illegitimate in the Philippines and Philippine law allows her to do as she pleases with the child, You as the father have no rights even if on the birth certificate.

Doesn't matter once the baby has a USA passport and the baby is on US soil you go by US law not the Philippines.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

My wife (married less than a month ago) and i just got to the USA about a month ago.

we were married in the USA, but had a baby in the Phil. Our baby has her CRBA and USA passport.

My wife is here on a K-1 fiance.

I have learned that she married me and is planning secretly with her family in the Phil to go back to the Phil after our 30 day marriage is sealed (when its final).

she is planning on taking our baby back with her.

i signed the birth certificate in the Phil, but have not done anything here yet to claim paternity in the USA.

Can i stop her from taking my baby?

Pleasse HELP!!!!!!!!

Are you prepared to raise the baby without the mother and why on earth would she want to leave after going through all the trouble to get here.

This makes zero sense unless there is something you are not sharing here.

Jim

10/29/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
10/31/16....Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per USPS

11/02/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/03/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
11/07/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Text and Email

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

It's very easy to take a child out of the country. All you show is a passport for you and the child. Airlines are supposed to ask for a letter from the parent who is not their but most do not. I just took my daughter out of the country and no one asked me for the letter which I had. It's not that hard. Which is scary.

They are not supposed to ask for a letter and usually have no such policy except with travel to Canada and Mexico.

I travel with my daughter internationally quite a bit and only once, about 5 years ago at a land crossing, was I asked for a letter. I always have one, but it hasn't been an issue. Maybe the border guards can see that we travel and always return? I don't know.

Edited by N-o-l-a

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.