1,501 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, usmantariq88 said:
USCIS PROCESSING:
15 Months to 19.5 Months :Permanent resident filing for a spouse or child under 21
        current date at california :February 23, 2018

Looks like it jumped . Is there any one from CALIFORNIA CENTER F2A I-130 LPR who got approvals.My PD is March 2019 when can i expect approval.

My petition was forwarded to the CSC with a PD of Nov 11, 2017 as a LPR. I got approved on Aug 8, 2019 (but after about 3 week delay for an RFE). So it took appx. 608 days (or 20 months) for my petition to be approved. (In the past two years, the processing times has mostly been  "18 Months to 23 Months".)

However, it is my estimation and opinion that the process is moving along a bit faster than it has been in the last 2 years -- I would say, it's probably moving along 2-3 months ahead of where it's been over the last 2 yrs. 

Therefore, in summary, if the current rate sustains, and your PD being Mar 2019, you can "possibly" expect adjudication of your petition as early as May 2020 and as late as Oct 2020. It's a wide variance, but in truth, nobody can truly predict such matters with absolute accuracy.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Timeline update

Priority date: June 27/2017

Form I130 approval: April 18/2019

Welcome Letter: June 1/2019

Documentarily qualified: July 2/2019

Appointment Letter: August 22/2019

Interview Date: September 17/2019 

Visa approved 

Good luck everyone

14 hours ago, Wede and Hode said:

Timeline update

Priority date: June 27/2017

Form I130 approval: April 18/2019

Welcome Letter: June 1/2019

Documentarily qualified: July 2/2019

Appointment Letter: August 22/2019

Interview Date: September 17/2019 

Visa approved 

Good luck everyone

Hi. Thank you for the timeline, may i ask what category was your case spouse, husband or child under 21. 

wow the NVC stage took 1 month , thats really impressive , but how i remember in the welcome letter it says for every stage 

a person has to wait 3 to 4 weeks to complete ? well congrats, wish you all the best. hope our approves  soon.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 9/24/2019 at 9:10 PM, vincentlina said:

My petition was forwarded to the CSC with a PD of Nov 11, 2017 as a LPR. I got approved on Aug 8, 2019 (but after about 3 week delay for an RFE). So it took appx. 608 days (or 20 months) for my petition to be approved. (In the past two years, the processing times has mostly been  "18 Months to 23 Months".)

However, it is my estimation and opinion that the process is moving along a bit faster than it has been in the last 2 years -- I would say, it's probably moving along 2-3 months ahead of where it's been over the last 2 yrs. 

Therefore, in summary, if the current rate sustains, and your PD being Mar 2019, you can "possibly" expect adjudication of your petition as early as May 2020 and as late as Oct 2020. It's a wide variance, but in truth, nobody can truly predict such matters with absolute accuracy.

Hi, pls has CSC sent ur approved case to NVC yet? My f2a got approved at CSC on aug 12. My PD was Jan 16, 2018. It's been 47days after the approval and CSC is yet to send my case to NVC. The long wait for anything to get done in CSC is just so exhausting. I really will appreciate a reply. Thanks

Timeline
On 8/10/2019 at 12:14 AM, Jarin12345 said:

PD October 27 2017.......I-130 approved On August 9, 2019, Finally. Now its another long wait to get the welcome from NVC, But I am happy its on its way

Any news about ur welcome letter yet? My approval was aug 12. Nvc told me CSC is yet to send my case. Do you know if they have sent yours? My case status is still "case approved" as of today. Anyone else in my shoes???

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
37 minutes ago, FPope said:

Any news about ur welcome letter yet? My approval was aug 12. Nvc told me CSC is yet to send my case. Do you know if they have sent yours? My case status is still "case approved" as of today. Anyone else in my shoes???

I called them too and was told the same so I called USCIS and they told be that it can take up to 90 before they send it off to NVC....which is so crazy why would you hold the file so long after approval when others that have been approved long after mine  was sent off and they received welcome letters. 

I have been though the process before and it was never like this. USCIS was always one of procedure and it wasn't at random . You were processed according to you priority date. Now its so chaotic ppl in 2008 getting approval and interviews and 2017 still waiting on I 130 approvals.

Anyways all I can do is wait..... but as soon as I hear from them I will update you.

I- 130 .... sent USCIS August 4, 2010 - Approved at NVC Jan 2011 received approval letter with case number and Id number

Welcome Letter..... Received Feb 23, 2016

Selected agent...Feb 25, 2016

Paid AOS and Visa Application fees.......Feb 26, 2016 

Submitted supporting doc......Mar 20, 2016 ( would have done sooner but had to wait on petitioners tax docs)

Case completed.....April 22, 2016 Received case complete letter April 27,2016

Received Interview Letter... Feb 3, 2017

Medical..... Feb 27,2017

Interview...Mar 20, 2017

Visa Issued....Mar 21, 2017

POE.............June 4, 2017

SSN............June 12,2017

Green Card: August 2017

Petition for hubby: Oct 2017

i-130....... Approved.Aug 9 2019

NVC ......Wecome letter Nov 4 2019

Submitted all docs and paid fees- Nov 29th 2019

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Jarin12345 said:

I called them too and was told the same so I called USCIS and they told be that it can take up to 90 before they send it off to NVC....which is so crazy why would you hold the file so long after approval when others that have been approved long after mine  was sent off and they received welcome letters. 

I have been though the process before and it was never like this. USCIS was always one of procedure and it wasn't at random . You were processed according to you priority date. Now its so chaotic ppl in 2008 getting approval and interviews and 2017 still waiting on I 130 approvals.

Anyways all I can do is wait..... but as soon as I hear from them I will update you.

Honestly i can't understand why they are keeping the files for this long after finally getting approved. Well, now i know i'm not alone. I just hope we get sorted soon. I will keep in touch. Thanks.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: France
Timeline

My petition was approved on Jul 24th and I'm still waiting for a sign from NVC.

I checked f2a visa timelines, ordered by recent NVC received dates and recent entries show a little over 2 months wait after NOA2 for petitions that have been processed in CSChttps://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=0&op1=b&op2=&op3=8&op4=1&op6=California Service Center&op7=All&dfile=No&adv=1

Of course every case can be very different, but if the recent trend holds, I should expect something next week.

Yeah, seems like it people say from 3 weeks to 3 months sadly.  Also after you get approved and then visa site doesn't say current anymore after waiting so long for the center to send welcome letter could make the wait even longer. I also was reading "after i130 is approved" seems more waiting, but couldn't seem to find the average? Some sites say couple months, other says 5 years which is like really long. I didn't know this thing could be so long of a wait, to the point that ill be us citizen already if its a 7 plus year wait.  We can't do anything though, just wait and follow the rules. At least we have each other for support.

Filed: Timeline
15 hours ago, Jarin12345 said:

Hello, I am in the same situation, the Application was approved on 12 Aug and still waiting USCIS to send it to NVC,I called them many times, unfortunately, there is no clear reason for holding it .

20 hours ago, FPope said:

Hi, pls has CSC sent ur approved case to NVC yet? My f2a got approved at CSC on aug 12. My PD was Jan 16, 2018. It's been 47days after the approval and CSC is yet to send my case to NVC. The long wait for anything to get done in CSC is just so exhausting. I really will appreciate a reply. Thanks

As of today (9/28/2019) they have not yet sent my approved petition to NVC. I had called USCIS and asked them if my petition had physically been sent as yet, and the person said they had not and that it can take up to 90 days for USCIS to send approved petitions to NVC. So, I've just resigned to the fact I'll have to wait the 90 days.

20 hours ago, FPope said:

My PD is 10/17/2019 and I got approved Aug 9, 2019, so my approval was on the same day as yours, and just like you I'm still awaiting for CSC to send my petition to NVC. So, if you get any updates, it's more than likely I should not be very far behind. Please update me if you get any status changes.

19 hours ago, Jarin12345 said:

"... it was never like this" -- thank your good old president for this state of affairs. As far as he's concerned, just about most of us here in this forum should never be here waiting (and petitioning others) for green cards.

21 hours ago, FPope said:

It took the NVC exactly 2 months to receive my case from USCIS after approval. Once they receive the case, it takes the NVC 3-4 weeks to send Welcome Letter. You can find out when they receive the case by calling them. Once you know that info, you can track what cases they are currently creating at travel.state.gov/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.