1,501 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I received from uscis request for evidence couple days ago for my i-130 case, they want to make sure our marriage is bona fide, so they asked for the attached documents.

My question is if i can send a flash drive or cd with my wedding video and photos on it or they will not accept this kind of evidence?

Or if i send birth certificate of our daughter, some photos and travel tickets with my spouse shouldn't be this enough as an evidence of bone fide marriage?

3E44D54C-AE04-451B-B390-00A6D9DD5455.jpeg

C6FAD88B-5BA9-4835-9C18-005F8E86DB7A.jpeg

3 hours ago, Ahmadk100 said:

I received from uscis request for evidence couple days ago for my i-130 case, they want to make sure our marriage is bona fide, so they asked for the attached documents.

My question is if i can send a flash drive or cd with my wedding video and photos on it or they will not accept this kind of evidence?

Or if i send birth certificate of our daughter, some photos and travel tickets with my spouse shouldn't be this enough as an evidence of bone fide marriage?

3E44D54C-AE04-451B-B390-00A6D9DD5455.jpeg

C6FAD88B-5BA9-4835-9C18-005F8E86DB7A.jpeg

Firstly, I would highly suggest you follow and provide "all" the RFE exactly as they have outlined. Don't assume that what you is going to provide should be sufficient, err on the side of caution and assume you can't send more than what they are asking for. In the Trump immigration era, I would not chance it.

Anyways, for example, they ask to provide proof or documentation how ya'll meet -- do exactly that. If there are no so called "evidence", then provide some type of affidavit from friends or family who can attest to how ya'll meet. For example, if you guys met while you were on a trip to, I dunno, say, Warsaw, Poland, then get a copy of yours and your spouse's passport stamp showing evidence of that trip that demonstrate how ya'll met. You can extrapolate this to just about anything else that provide evidence of the meeting, i.e., if both you guys met in the Eiffel Tower, you want to make copies of the tickets/stubs (for each of you)  and include them in an affidavit letter.

I would highly suggest that you do not send them any media whatsoever (CDs, DVDs, Jumpdrive, etc.). For security purposes, they will just destroy such evidence. Your media might contain "wana cry" viruses, for example, known or unbeknown to you. If there are photos, those, as they say, should be provided as evidence -- videos does not necessarily provide any stronger case of evidence over photos (videos are essentially, simply "moving photos).

Honestly, these RFE's are, for the most part simple to honor -- the hard parts are primiarily just the "time" (and money) required to construct them. When I was the beneficiary on my first I130, I received an RFE. Now I'm the petitioner, my spouse (and indirectly me) has received an RFE likewise. In both cases, the hardest parts of these two RFEs were simply the time required to track down the evidence/documentation requested.

Lastly, try first to get "primary" evidence -- such as civil documents, notarized copies of documents, etc., then in the absence of primary evidence, go for affidavits. Above all else, try and send "more" than what you think they need or require, even if you think it is trivial or inconsequential documents/evidence (for example, if you met your spouse online, some chat transcripts of ya'll conversations (and/or your credit card statements showing the online service's account name). I hope this has been helpful.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Chintan_D said:

Our case was transferred from Cali service center to Texas and we got approval last weekend. :) 

F2A case, PD 20th Feb 2018. 

Did you request your case to be transfered to texas center????

Timeline

IS THERE ANY WAY WE CAN REQUEST USCIS TO TRANSFER OUR CASE FROM CALIFORNIA CENTER TO TEXAS CENTER . MY FRIEND LAWYER TOLD WE CAN REQUEST .IS IT TRUE? PD MAY 2019 CAL CENTER F2A

3 hours ago, CrystalN said:

Does anyone know how long did it take the NVC to review a resubmitted document? They accepted all my other docs, but wanted me to resubmit one. 

As of today NVC reviews documents submitted after July 24th. It doesn't matter you resubmitted just one document. It sends you to the back of the queue again. So you'd better be super diligent the first time.

This is the California service center thread, so we are off topic btw. USCIS and CSC have nothing to do with NVC.

1 minute ago, Weebee said:

As of today NVC reviews documents submitted after July 24th. It doesn't matter you resubmitted just one document. It sends you to the back of the queue again. So you'd better be super diligent the first time.

This is the California service center thread, so we are off topic btw. USCIS and CSC have nothing to do with NVC.

Thank you for responding! Yes I understand it’s the CSC thread, cause my case was from that center too. Just wanted to see if others had any experience on this issue. I did see afterwards there were other threads for this specific topic. 

Timeline

IS THERE ANY WAY WE CAN REQUEST USCIS TO TRANSFER OUR CASE FROM CALIFORNIA CENTER TO TEXAS CENTER . MY FRIEND LAWYER TOLD WE CAN REQUEST .IS IT TRUE? PD MAY 2019 CAL CENTER F2A

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

Hi all! I am new here, I am LPR just filled for my spouse. PD August 2019, CSC. Our wait will be long, if nothing changes. Is it possible for me to transfer in this period outside the country, for e.g. as an inter company transfer and wait with my spouse until we receive an approval, or will be this viewed negatively from USCIS? 

On 9/3/2019 at 10:35 AM, CrystalN said:

Does anyone know how long did it take the NVC to review a resubmitted document? They accepted all my other docs, but wanted me to resubmit one. 

I resubmitted mine on August 14 and am still waiting. I have been tracking their website and the review date was moving at a pace of about a week every week a month or two ago. Now it is moving maybe 4 days every week. :(. I called them before and they said they were very busy and couldn't give a timeline. 

Edited by Simon Long

1 minute ago, Simon Long said:

I resubmitted mine on August 14 and am still waiting. I have been tracking their website and the review date was moving at a pace of about a week every week a month or two ago. Now it is moving maybe 4 days every week. :(. I called them before and they said they were very busy and couldn't give a timeline. 

What I’ve heard from other people is that it takes about 4 weeks after resubmitting. I think you should expect an answer within this week or the next. Please update when you do. The timeline online is good mostly to get an idea, but I don’t really follow it closely. Cause according to that timeline, I shouldn’t have received the first response to the documents that I submitted August 1, lol. 

1 minute ago, CrystalN said:

What I’ve heard from other people is that it takes about 4 weeks after resubmitting. I think you should expect an answer within this week or the next. Please update when you do. The timeline online is good mostly to get an idea, but I don’t really follow it closely. Cause according to that timeline, I shouldn’t have received the first response to the documents that I submitted August 1, lol. 

I hope so! I thought the timeline on the website was a few days behind. My initial submission was on July 12 and I heard back on August 14. In that following Monday (August 19), the review timeline was updated just past July 12. So I have been check the website every week! I hope you hear back from them soon!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
USCIS PROCESSING:
15 Months to 19.5 Months :Permanent resident filing for a spouse or child under 21
        current date at california :February 23, 2018

Looks like it jumped . Is there any one from CALIFORNIA CENTER F2A I-130 LPR who got approvals.My PD is March 2019 when can i expect approval.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.