Chucky

Kiev interview questions

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My fiancee contacted me about scheduling her interview and exams in Kiev.is this information that she sent me correct? Do you guys recommend a hotel for her?

Also they wrote how I should send a requirement for interview. I understand that I could send the requirement for the day of interview only when I will have all your documents. After that during 2 weeks they will have to answer on what day they could receive me in Kiev.

I’ll have to go to Kiev for 2-3 days. I don’t know yet where I could stay there. I will spend 1 day for medical inspection, 1 day for interview. I’ll have to wait for answer during 1 day more. After that I’ll have to wait for courier with my visa.

I need your packet of documents with your certificates:

Letters from employer (I – 864)

Income certificates

Tax declarations for last 3 years (form N-2)

Bank checks

Telephone checks with list of numbers

Remittance receipts

Copy of your passport (pages with photos, pages with each visa to Ukraine, pages with stamps of departure from Ukraine)

Copies of your tickets to Ukraine and from it

Letter from you that you call me. It must be certified by notary.

Agency says that it would be better if you will be at interview and assure that you invite me.

I can’t go to Kiev till I will have your documents.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
My fiancee contacted me about scheduling her interview and exams in Kiev.is this information that she sent me correct? Do you guys recommend a hotel for her?

First of all you need to go to the Embassy website and download and read Packet 3 & Packet 4

http://kiev.usembassy.gov/visa_K1K2_eng.html

Also they wrote how I should send a requirement for interview. I understand that I could send the requirement for the day of interview only when I will have all your documents. After that during 2 weeks they will have to answer on what day they could receive me in Kiev. She is referring to the KEV-1 Form which is in Packet 3

I’ll have to go to Kiev for 2-3 days. I don’t know yet where I could stay there. I will spend 1 day for medical inspection, 1 day for interview. I’ll have to wait for answer during 1 day more. After that I’ll have to wait for courier with my visa. Medical does take all day results are available after 4pm. The following day she can have the interview. Upon completion she pays for courier and can go home and the courier can deliver to her house

I need your packet of documents with your certificates:

Letters from employer (I – 864) (Not I-864 but I-134)

Income certificates (W-2's)

Tax declarations for last 3 years (form N-2) (Actually your form 1040)

Telephone checks with list of numbers (Phone logs)

Copy of your passport (pages with photos, pages with each visa to Ukraine, pages with stamps of departure from Ukraine) & Copies of your tickets to Ukraine and from it (If you made a trip after you filed your petition)

Letter from you that you call me. It must be certified by notary. Sounds like a restatement of your intent to marry, I am not aware this is required

Agency says that it would be better if you will be at interview and assure that you invite me. (optional but not a bad idea if you can)

I can’t go to Kiev till I will have your documents. (This is TRUE)

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

When your fiancee goes to the medical exam try to get a copy of all her shots. The embassy will keep the original record and you may need to have this record later.

Try to give yourself a extra day or 2 for your trip because:

* The courier service is unreliable

* I have found that my luggage took a extra day to get to me twice

Have original copies of birth certificates and such because you will need them later and will have a hard time getting them.

Good Luck

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

I-130 Sent: 07/30/06

I-130 NOA-1 (Notice Date): 08/10/06

I-130 Touched or just entered into system 8/12/2006

I-130 NOA-1 Received by Mail: 08/14/06

I-130 Check Clears Bank: 08/14/2006

I-130 TOUCHED!!! 10/20/2006 DAUGHTERS APPLICATION

I-130 Touched again 10/21/2006 on a Saturday:) DAUGHTERS APPLICATION

I-130 RFE waiting to find out what the problem is 10/31/2006 DAUGHTERS APPLICATION

I-130 sent in the missing document 11/3/2006 DAUGHTERS APPLICATION

I-130 Daughters application touched 11/8/06

I-130 Daughters application touched again 11/9/06

I-130 Daughters application touched again 11/28/2006

I-130 Wifes application touched for the first time daughters application touched 11/29/2006

I-130 NOA-2 Approval 11/30 for wife and Child!

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : December 21st

Pay I-864 Bill January 11, 2007

Receive I-864 Package : Febuary 1 for wife only

Return Completed DS-3032 (Agent Choice) : January 11, 2007

Receive IV Bill : Febuary 1 for wife and daughter

Pay IV Bill : Febuary 12 for wife and daughter

Sent in I-864: Febuary 12 for wife and daughter

Sent Visa Application (DS 230) for wife and daughter: March 9, 2007

Case Completed at NVC : May 1st 2007 for both wife and daughter!

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Timeline

Good luck

When your fiancee goes to the medical exam try to get a copy of all her shots. The embassy will keep the original record and you may need to have this record later.

Try to give yourself a extra day or 2 for your trip because:

* The courier service is unreliable

* I have found that my luggage took a extra day to get to me twice

Have original copies of birth certificates and such because you will need them later and will have a hard time getting them.

Good Luck

2004:

Oct 19 - Overnight 129F to USCIS Nebraska

Oct 20 - NOA1

2005:

Jan 7 - NOA2

Feb 4 - Dept of State approval

Feb 14 - Fiance received P3 in mail

Mar 3 - Interview date at Kiev embassy (rescheduled due to heavy snow)

Mar 14 - New interview at Kiev embassy (fingerprinted and put in AR)

Apr12 - Fiance called back to Kiev embassy after AR, must return for 2nd K1 interview

Apr20 - 2nd interview at Kiev embassy (looked at her for 1 minute and said she was approved)

Apr28 - Got visa/passport via Fedex

May4 - Arrived in USA

Jun17 - Married

July11 - Filed for AOS, EAD

Sept18- RFE (Civil Surgeon paperwork sent to USCIS)

Sept21 - Biometrics appt

Oct28 - EAD received

Dec22 - Passed AOS interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.