enxhi96

AOS November 2016 Filers

3,547 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
42 minutes ago, MiaTher said:

I don't know if any of you have seen that tv show 90 Day Fiancé on TLC, but I'm in a discussion group about it on Facebook and there is an actual immigration officer on there who told us that K1s are able to work as soon as they arrive in the US (because you are given a SSN, right?) so she said you just have to go to a local office and apply for the EAD. However it still takes 90 days to get to you and by then it would be wedding time and then time to file for AOS, so I guess it wouldn't make sense to apply and pay for an EAD twice. Though this probably would work for people who can't file AOS immediately after wedding.  

I'm not a K1 though so I don't know if this is entirely true. ??‍♀️

Yes, it has been discussed on VJ several times.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3ead

1. Immediately, before filing for AOS. As a K-1 visa holder you are technically eligible to file for an EAD immediately when you arrive. However, this EAD will expire when you K-1 expires (90 days) and because of this and the wait time (>90 days) it is a waste of both time and money to bother applying. You will file as category (a)(6), "Nonimmigrant Fiance(e) of U.S. Citizen". 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

FINALLY some movement. How is everyone else doing? My I-485 changed today to "Ready to be scheduled for an interview". So glad we got the right stuff sent back for our RFE! This waiting is hell! Not long until we can all get our freedom to work, drive and leave and re enter the country if we would like to back! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jimbob89 said:

FINALLY some movement. How is everyone else doing? My I-485 changed today to "Ready to be scheduled for an interview". So glad we got the right stuff sent back for our RFE! This waiting is hell! Not long until we can all get our freedom to work, drive and leave and re enter the country if we would like to back! 

Congratulations and thanks for posting.  It gives the rest of us hope! :)  

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Jimbob89 said:

Wow. That's great!  Your dates are very close to ours and we have the same local field office.  Hopefully, we will hear something soon too!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I know this does not really mean much other than the fact that they have accepted our RFE documents but its raised my spirits a bit with at least seeing some progress. Hopefully everyone else will see some progress soon. I just wish the EAD would hurry so I can start contributing in this country and not feel like a prisoner. All in good time, or so people keep telling me!!! :P 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Today my wife's status changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview."

She had her biometrics the 10th of January in Nashville, TN.

2-24-16 Petition Sent

2-29-16 Petition Received, Lewisville, TX

3-03-16 NOA1

6-03-16 RFE

6-22-16 NOA2

7-15-16 NVC Received

7-19-16 NVC Case Number Received

7-20-16 NVC Status changed to in route

7-21-16 NVC Status changed to Ready

8-07-16 Packet 3 Received

8-07-16 Packet 3 Sent

8-12-16 Packet 4 Received

8-15-16 Medical Interview

9-06-16 Interview

9-06-16 Additional Documents request

9-29-16 CEAC Status Issued - Approved!

10-9-16 Visa in hand

10-11-16 POE Detroit

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey guys just got EAD update.

On January 17, 2017, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSCXXXXXX, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing addres....

PD:10/21/2016

NOA1:11/7/2016

Hardcopy NOA:11/10/2016

Biometrics Notice:11/12/2016

Biometrics App:11/22/2016

I485 Status update: As of December 5 we are ready to schedule your I485 for interview....

I130:Case Received

I765: 1/17/2017, New card is being produced

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lithuania
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jimbob89 said:

Hi Jimbo

Congrats.

As I see on your timeline, I am in the same boat as you.

Where you can see current USCIS processing times for I-485 and I-785?  (Detroit office or NBC)

How long I will expect to change my status, do you mean?

My AOS package was filed and sent to Chicago on 15th November 2016

There  is progress of my case:

Fingerprint Fee Was Received

On November 30, 2016, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxx. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case

Case Was Received

On November 15, 2016, we received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization , Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxx, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. 

It seems, NBC is proceeding on my case, right?

But I can't find I-485 chart on USCIS website for NBC. Anybody knows how to check this?

Thanks in advance.

K

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Venice1012 said:

Hey guys just got EAD update.

On January 17, 2017, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSCXXXXXX, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing addres....

Oh Wow! congratulations so they are sending your combo card. When is your interview? 

Filed: Timeline
3 hours ago, gwapa-loves-gwapo said:

I've been here for 6 months too. I'm just glad that my husband's work allows him to have 3 days off in a week. We get to spend more time together. When I'm home alone I usually keep myself busy doing chores. I also love to cook so I go online and search for different recipes. Also my husband's colleagues are kind enough to help me out as well. When they go for vacation they usually ask me to watch their dogs for a week and when they get back they pay me. When my husband is at home then we go shopping together,watch movies, go to library and get books to read at home, and cuddles alot. So that helps me get my mind off things. Currently I'm on day 60. I had a job interview last week and I explain them my situation. They reassure me that I have nothing to worry about since they are willing to wait for me. It's a university job so I guess they are willing to wait if you are the right candidate for them. Anyway I hope we don't have to wait for too long so we can actually start living our lives. 

Do you have your EAD or Green card? Technically you're not supposed to get paid for any work. Even just watching the dogs for free could be considered "working" because someone else would get paid to do it.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ani89 said:

Oh Wow! congratulations so they are sending your combo card. When is your interview? 

I didn't filed for combo card. I just filed I765( Lawyer advice that is very risking traveling with AP). Yes my EAD is in production. I don't have a set date for interview as yet. 

Edited by Venice1012

I485 Status update: As of December 5 we are ready to schedule your I485 for interview....

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Kestutis said:

Hi Jimbo

Congrats.

Where you can see current USCIS processing times for I-485 and I-785?  (Detroit office or NBC)

On November 30, 2016, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxx. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case

Case Was Received

On November 15, 2016, we received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization , Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxx, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. 

But I can't find I-485 chart on USCIS website for NBC. Anybody knows how to check this?

Thanks in advance.

K

Hi, check your local field office for I485 processing time...

NBC doesn't have such chart

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Kestutis said:

Hi Jimbo

Congrats.

Case Was Received

Thanks in advance.

K

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do;jsessionid=abc6_ZOmQ7viNalGzW3Mv

Detroit office for  I-485 is 11/30/15     NBC works faster.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/times/

I-765 is 10/24/16

Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Hi Lyoness

I saw it.

You are right, but I can't believe that AOS wiil take so long time.

Maybe there is some disturbances in USCIS website?

Field Office Processing Dates for Detroit MI as of: November 30, 2016
Form Form Name Processing Cases As Of Date:
I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status November 30, 2015
N-400 Application for Naturalization June 24, 2016
N-600 Application for Certification of Citizenship July 3, 2016

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kestutis said:

Hi Lyoness

I saw it.

You are right, but I can't believe that AOS wiil take so long time.

Maybe there is some disturbances in USCIS website?

Field Office Processing Dates for Detroit MI as of: November 30, 2016
Form Form Name Processing Cases As Of Date:
I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status November 30, 2015
N-400 Application for Naturalization June 24, 2016
N-600 Application for Certification of Citizenship July 3, 2016

I don't believe these information are accurate so I wouldn't advice that you totally rely on it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.