enxhi96

AOS November 2016 Filers

3,547 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just now received NOA letters in mail ??

I've noticed that several of you got RFEs. It's making me paranoid, I feel like they'll send me one too ?

May I ask what did yours ask for?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

It does not tell you online. All it says is that they have mailed me with a request for more evidence and once I receive it I must send the required documents. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about :)

Timeline

It does not tell you online. All it says is that they have mailed me with a request for more evidence and once I receive it I must send the required documents. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about :)

Ohh ok. Hopefully it all goes smoothly.

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone!

We filed on November 2, and on December 5th we got an RFI. It was something simple, we forgot to sign the affidavit of support. On December 13th, we mailed the response using priority mail, (takes 2-3 days), and according to the USPS tracking system, it arrived at Lee's Summit today and it is out for delivery.

Now, I decided to check the status at myUSCIS, (don't ask me why, I wasn't really expecting a change since they haven't received it yet). Today it says "Request for Evidence Received"

"On December 14, 2016, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status."

Now evidently this is a mistake, should we do something? Should we inform them or wait?

Thank you and good luck to everyone!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone!

We filed on November 2, and on December 5th we got an RFI. It was something simple, we forgot to sign the affidavit of support. On December 13th, we mailed the response using priority mail, (takes 2-3 days), and according to the USPS tracking system, it arrived at Lee's Summit today and it is out for delivery.

Now, I decided to check the status at myUSCIS, (don't ask me why, I wasn't really expecting a change since they haven't received it yet). Today it says "Request for Evidence Received"

"On December 14, 2016, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status."

Now evidently this is a mistake, should we do something? Should we inform them or wait?

Thank you and good luck to everyone!

It makes no sense informing them. Usually they would correct there mistakes. Usps delivery time frame is sometimes different from what is reported when tracking. My package was delivered at 10am but when tracking it said delivered at 1pm. It was later updated in usps system for 10am.

PD:10/21/2016

NOA1:11/7/2016

Hardcopy NOA:11/10/2016

Biometrics Notice:11/12/2016

Biometrics App:11/22/2016

I485 Status update: As of December 5 we are ready to schedule your I485 for interview....

I130:Case Received

I765: 1/17/2017, New card is being produced

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

NOA1s received yesterday in mail!!! I got 2 letters, one was the NOA1 for the I-485 and the other one for the EAD. I regret so much not applying for the Advance Parole :'( But oh well! I can't wait to get the appointment letter for Biometrics :D

Just for the record, I got the NOA text on dec 9th.

AOS

Date Event
11-16-2016 AOS package sent (i-485, 1-765, 1-864, g-325a)
11-21-2016 AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox. *Day 0*
12-08-2016 NOA1's by text (@ 11:59 pm ET) *Day 17*
12-15-2016 NOA1 hard copies in mail *Day 24*
12-23-2016 Biometrics appointment in mail *Day 32*
01-06-2017 Biometrics done *Day 46*
03-02-2017 EAD is now being produced! yay!! *Day 101*
03-010-2017 EAD in mail! *Day 109*

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Uruguay
Timeline

NOA1s received yesterday in mail!!! I got 2 letters, one was the NOA1 for the I-485 and the other one for the EAD. I regret so much not applying for the Advance Parole :'( But oh well! I can't wait to get the appointment letter for Biometrics :D

woohoo! I've been watching your vlogs and felt very identified when you went to the mailbox and the letters hadn't arrived yet :P

AOS:

2016-11-21 Filed AOS, AP, EAD

2016-12-19 NOA1 Hardcopy received

2017-03-09 EAD and AP approved

2017-09-15 Green card approved, interview waived

ROC:

2019-08-12 Filed ROC (one day shipping)

2019-08-13 Application received at Lewisville, TX

2019-08-16 Received case number

2019-11-13 Biometrics appointment (Lubbock, TX)

2020-05-14 Case approved, interview waived

Timeline

Yay congrats!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I regret so much not applying for the Advance Parole :'( But oh well! I can't wait to get the appointment letter for Biometrics :D

Same with me! I regret it big time!! I don't know what I was thinking...worst mistake. I wish we would be able to still send it. But yeah, oh well. Now we're stuck here lol

Edited by Lena95

I feel your pain :( ! I'm sure everything will be fine!

Hopefully we both have something simple!

I-129F Sent: 4th May 2016                                                             AOS Sent: 23rd November 2016                                 1-751 Mailed: 18th May 2019

NOA1: 10th May 2016                                                                     NOA1: 2nd December 2016                                         1-751 Received: 20th May 2019

NOA2: 14th July 2016                                                                     Biometrics: 19th December 2016                                NOA1: 23rd May 2019

Case sent to embassy: 3rd August 2016                                     I-485 RFIE: 12th December 2016                                 Biometrics: 24th October 2019

Medical: 11th August 2016                                                             EAD/AP Approved: 9th March 2017                           Approved: 21st April 2020

Interview: 12th September 2016 - Approved! :dancing:                     Green Card Approved: 8th August, 2017

Visa in Hand: 24th September 2016

POE Denver: 10th October 2016.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Case status site states an RFE has been sent out. We have not received anything about biometrics yet....so this is before biometrics appointment.

I have a feeling it's either about the I-693 or my husbands 1-601waiver. Well we shall see. ?

My wife was covered under her parent's insurance, but when I looked at health insurance for just me it was more expensive than getting one for both of us through her work! So we just ended up doing it through them.

Yeah it's crazy! In the UK healthcare is free because of the NHS, it's weird to go from never thinking about it to the prices they charge here.

Same here, though have travelled a lot since 2008 so have been used to paying...but not THIS much!

Got my biometrics today for 12/29 :-) Faster than I expected! I filed under married name but as yet I haven't changed it on my SSN or any other documentation. Will my passport (with maiden name) and our marriage certificate suffice? Surely they can see from K-1 applications that it's the same person?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.