enxhi96

AOS November 2016 Filers

3,547 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Looked at the Atlanta field office processing times as I do about once per week.  

Last week it was updated as of Jan 31st and was processing cases as of May 31, 2016.

Now updated as of Feb 28th and processing cases as of June 14th. 

So, this means that for one month of processing they processed 1/2 month of applicants.  That is a backlog that is going to be growing pretty quickly.

Assuming consistent numbers of applications and that the processing rate is also consistent they will be processing November 2016 applications in February of 2018.

Am I being:

A) Overly analytical

B) Overly pessimistic

C) Overly optimistic

Edited by lmcatl

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 minutes ago, lmcatl said:

Looked at the Atlanta field office processing times as I do about once per week.  

Last week it was updated as of Jan 31st and was processing cases as of May 31, 2016.

Now updated as of Feb 28th and processing cases as of June 14th. 

So, this means that for one month of processing they processed 1/2 month of applicants.  That is a backlog that is going to be growing pretty quickly.

Assuming consistent numbers of applications and that the processing rate is also consistent they will be processing November 2016 applications in February of 2018.

Am I being:

A) Overly analytical

B) Overly pessimistic

C) Overly optimistic

B)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just heard back from our congressman's representative (I had emailed again because, even though I knew it was a holiday weekend, my anxiety is overriding my patience) and she said that NBC told her our joint sponsorship had been accepted and the EAD is now awaiting adjudication, which can take 30 days. It's still a waiting game, but knowing that they accepted the joint sponsorship at least lets me relax a little. I felt incredibly tense every time my husband checked the mail or I checked my phone because I was terrified that we were about to find out that we needed something else or that the whole thing was rejected. She said to get in contact again in two weeks if we haven't heard anything, but I'm really hoping it won't even come to that. 

(I got the email while at the grocery store and immediately began second-guessing and overanalyzing the words while I stood in the cereal aisle. "Accepted and awaiting adjudication...wait, does that just mean that they got it? Because I KNEW that already!" For the sake of my own well-being I'm choosing to believe that it really does mean that everything's fine and it just needs to be rubber stamped.)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, samack said:

I just heard back from our congressman's representative (I had emailed again because, even though I knew it was a holiday weekend, my anxiety is overriding my patience) and she said that NBC told her our joint sponsorship had been accepted and the EAD is now awaiting adjudication, which can take 30 days. It's still a waiting game, but knowing that they accepted the joint sponsorship at least lets me relax a little. I felt incredibly tense every time my husband checked the mail or I checked my phone because I was terrified that we were about to find out that we needed something else or that the whole thing was rejected. She said to get in contact again in two weeks if we haven't heard anything, but I'm really hoping it won't even come to that. 

(I got the email while at the grocery store and immediately began second-guessing and overanalyzing the words while I stood in the cereal aisle. "Accepted and awaiting adjudication...wait, does that just mean that they got it? Because I KNEW that already!" For the sake of my own well-being I'm choosing to believe that it really does mean that everything's fine and it just needs to be rubber stamped.)

Try and relax bc I'm sure it's fine.  I put the wrong eligibility code and was approved, so it's just in queue to get a stamp of approval.  It's coming!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Cryssiekins said:

Try and relax bc I'm sure it's fine.  I put the wrong eligibility code and was approved, so it's just in queue to get a stamp of approval.  It's coming!!

I've already promised to take my husband out for dinner when we get that notification, both to celebrate and as a thank you for putting up with how crazy I've been about it, haha. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, samack said:

I've already promised to take my husband out for dinner when we get that notification, both to celebrate and as a thank you for putting up with how crazy I've been about it, haha. 

I felt SO bad for my husband this whole last year really where all I've whined about is various immigration things.  

Haha now I'm working on getting us in a position to buy a house :-)  

You're Canadian right?  How are you adjusting to life on this side?  I thought I knew what I was prepared for having weekly visits to Buffalo for so long before I got the K1 visa, but I keep noticing so many little things that are different.  Like the complete and total lack of street lights.  If it wasn't for individual houses having porch lights, my street would be pitch black at night. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Uruguay
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cryssiekins said:

I felt SO bad for my husband this whole last year really where all I've whined about is various immigration things.  

You're Canadian right?  How are you adjusting to life on this side?  I thought I knew what I was prepared for having weekly visits to Buffalo for so long before I got the K1 visa, but I keep noticing so many little things that are different.  Like the complete and total lack of street lights.  If it wasn't for individual houses having porch lights, my street would be pitch black at night. 

I'm not from Canada but I thought the same thing! It's so dark at night compared to my country. Also the gaps in the doors in public bathrooms stalls, always feel like someone could peek in.

AOS:

2016-11-21 Filed AOS, AP, EAD

2016-12-19 NOA1 Hardcopy received

2017-03-09 EAD and AP approved

2017-09-15 Green card approved, interview waived

ROC:

2019-08-12 Filed ROC (one day shipping)

2019-08-13 Application received at Lewisville, TX

2019-08-16 Received case number

2019-11-13 Biometrics appointment (Lubbock, TX)

2020-05-14 Case approved, interview waived

Timeline
13 minutes ago, sabellic said:

I'm not from Canada but I thought the same thing! It's so dark at night compared to my country. Also the gaps in the doors in public bathrooms stalls, always feel like someone could peek in.

That too. Some are very big gaps.  Oh the small things. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/11/2017 at 2:00 AM, mnm0908 said:

Hello!

I received EAD 3/18. Went to apply for SS  3/20 which I already had it was just expired so I thought it would be quick. However the lady said they had to send it to Immigration to approve it idk for what reason. It's now 4/11 I called a few days ago asking for status and they said it takes 4-8 weeks max. I still cannot get my DL 😠 Which is priority for me. Did anyone else have this issue? I don't understand what has to be checked or approved?! Everyone else here said it was 2 weeks. I'm in Dallas TX by the way. TIA!

I had a similar issue trying to get my name changed on the SSN (and also when I tried to get a state ID card) in Texas when I got my work permit. Apparently the electronic immigration records that outside agencies like SSA and DMV use to validate immigration status takes a few weeks to be updated. I waited about 4 weeks I think, then went back and tried again and it worked.

09/12/2015 - Married my sweetheart of 10 years in Canada (he's a dual citizen)

02/04/2016 - Got TN for 9 month contract and moved to Texas

10/16/2016 - Renewed TN for 12 month contract extension

03/29/2017 - Mailed AOS package (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131)

03/31/2017 - AOS package delivered to USCIS (Chicago Lockbox)

04/11/2017 - Cheques cashed

04/12/2017 - NOA1 (4) received by sms and email (11:30 PM CT)

04/17/2017 - NOA1 (4) received by mail (dated 04/12/17)

04/28/2017 - Biometrics letter received in the mail (dated 04/22/17)

05/09/2017 - Biometrics appointment

07/22/2017 - Text & Email of EAD approval (I-765)

07/25/2017 - Written notice by mail of EAD/AP combo card approval (I-765 & I-131)

07/26/2017 - Text & Email saying "On July 26, 2017, we mailed your new card"

07/29/2017 - Received EAD/AP combo card by mail

12/06/2017 - Received interview notice by mail (dated 11/27/2017)

01/11/2018 - GC Interview (San Antonio). Approved!

01/19/2018 - 10-year GC received in the mail.

Timeline
13 hours ago, Cryssiekins said:

It's tough because he has work things to think about, but since this is the main thing *I* think about it feels like I'm bombarding him with it constantly. He was happy to hear the update yesterday, though. I know he's as ready to be done with it all as I am.

A house is also in our plans, though a bit further down the road. I need to be able to work so that we can start saving, which is a big part of why I'm so anxious about the EAD. We have a vague 'house and dog within two-ish years' timeline, but for now it's just apartment and the cat I brought with me (the cat's been a huge adjustment for him. He was NOT a cat person at all and was very wary about the whole thing, but now the two of them are best friends. He takes time out of his day to go visit with the cat wherever he's napping. It's adorable).

I'd noticed the darkness but I never really realized *why* it's so dark! It's not so bad on our end of the street because we're near the high school football field, but there  are parts where it's completely dark because streetlights are few and far in between. I'm also still getting used to how "USA! USA!" it is all the time, too. It's like the level that Canadians get to when we're in the gold medal hockey game at the Olympics, but constantly, haha. Oh! And food prices! For the most part (and unless I do the conversion in my head) almost everything is cheaper than what I was used to. Except canned soup. Canned soup is oddly expensive!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

so my EAD card was supposedly mailed Mar 7th and I still haven't received it.......I put in a request for a new card but I don't know what will happen next :(

K1 Journey

04/22/16....I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX

04/27/16....Delivered at Dallas, TX

04/29/16....USCIS Receive Date (Printed on NOA1)

05/02/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail. Case sent to CSC

05/09/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

07/12/16....NOA2 Approval Text & Email received (74 days)

07/16/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received (4 days from text)

07/28/16....NVC Received Case (16 days from text)

08/01/16....Consulate Received Case

09/30/16....Interview

10/04/16....Visa Received

10/18/16....POE

10/28/16....Wedding

AOS Journey

11/18/16....Packet mailed to Chicago Lock Box, IL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 4/17/2017 at 11:25 PM, Suss&Camm said:

Are you sure that where he did the Biometrics isn't just an ASC (Application Support Center)? Mine was. 

Yes, that is what I found out.  So we will have to make the 3 hour drive.

Thanks

Timeline
59 minutes ago, samack said:

It's tough because he has work things to think about, but since this is the main thing *I* think about it feels like I'm bombarding him with it constantly. He was happy to hear the update yesterday, though. I know he's as ready to be done with it all as I am.

A house is also in our plans, though a bit further down the road. I need to be able to work so that we can start saving, which is a big part of why I'm so anxious about the EAD. We have a vague 'house and dog within two-ish years' timeline, but for now it's just apartment and the cat I brought with me (the cat's been a huge adjustment for him. He was NOT a cat person at all and was very wary about the whole thing, but now the two of them are best friends. He takes time out of his day to go visit with the cat wherever he's napping. It's adorable).

I'd noticed the darkness but I never really realized *why* it's so dark! It's not so bad on our end of the street because we're near the high school football field, but there  are parts where it's completely dark because streetlights are few and far in between. I'm also still getting used to how "USA! USA!" it is all the time, too. It's like the level that Canadians get to when we're in the gold medal hockey game at the Olympics, but constantly, haha. Oh! And food prices! For the most part (and unless I do the conversion in my head) almost everything is cheaper than what I was used to. Except canned soup. Canned soup is oddly expensive!

My husband still laughs when we go to the grocery store and I still get surprised that it's the price they say (I've stopped asking if they missed stuff haha).  

Timeline

Another sort of update because this one is pretty funny:

I put a service request in on Friday but noticed today that the agent filed the wrong kind - the case tracker says that I asked for the EAD to be resent, not that it's outside of the normal processing time. I just called again and the agent I spoke to transferred me to a tier 2 supervisor with the warning that I may have to wait the 30 days for this one to expire before they can file the proper one. Since they're apparently very busy, I've been placed in a call-back queue with an approximate wait time of 864 minutes. *864 minutes*. I'm glad it was just the automated system at the time because I started laughing really loudly. 

Timeline
42 minutes ago, samack said:

Another sort of update because this one is pretty funny:

I put a service request in on Friday but noticed today that the agent filed the wrong kind - the case tracker says that I asked for the EAD to be resent, not that it's outside of the normal processing time. I just called again and the agent I spoke to transferred me to a tier 2 supervisor with the warning that I may have to wait the 30 days for this one to expire before they can file the proper one. Since they're apparently very busy, I've been placed in a call-back queue with an approximate wait time of 864 minutes. *864 minutes*. I'm glad it was just the automated system at the time because I started laughing really loudly. 

Don't hold your breath on that 🙃

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.